spence

Does *Spencer Tracy finally desrve a US postal stamp?

26 posts in this topic

Writing this topic completely.....off, mainly because his grandson butted in with his own collage of his grandfather, the postal service was already in stage & with a lg audience too! too! & was presented somekind of stupid collage of *Spence instead  GO-FIGURE?  instead?> going to have his own-(BETWEEN ;Boys Town' & "Edward My Son') But Joe Tracy messed it up BIG-TIME  to come up with  is his own vision, so they apparentlychucked the lot?>??)=(this was abut 2004/05)("Boys Town" or "Edward, My Son")  (NOTE:though his Manuel in 'C. Courageous" is my fav role of his 74 I think Father Flanagan woulda' been the finest choicy how ridiculous Joe T was & still is by the way, only a small sample of "LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD"  *K. Hepburn, *Peck, JD, MM, GARBO, *A. Hepburn, *Cooper, Judy & *Cagney, *Bogey &  Edward G. have long had these available  (*acccess them online)

*Cagney, *BOGEY, Edward G. & a lot more have had their US stamps now for over a year   & even Hitch has had his own  his own?

PLUS, I have them in a frame ALMOST F0RGOT  Universal Horror stamps too>Chaney, Sr., Chaney, Jr., Lugosi, Karloff,etc 

& due to the climate of pc,etc it took the most years to finally give *John Wayne his own stamp  Snother outrageous example of this era *"THE DUKE": was voted way down AFI';s ;99 poll at  #13th place???

THANK YOU & AGAIN, IF YOU CALL/WRITE US POSTAL SERVICE & SEE WHO HAS ONE, THEY EVEN SEND US FANS A BOOKLET

I had forgotten all about this. I used to collect those. I believe I had Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Judy Garland, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and I think James Stewart. Spencer Tracy certainly should have been in this group.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, CaveGirl said:

No.

To CaveGirl, why not?

I'm not sure that Mr Tracy would have much use for a postage stamp, what with being dead and all... 😉

But if he does get one (and I'd have no objection), I'd use it in combination with the Katherine Hepburn one... *hides*

28 minutes ago, limey said:

I'm not sure that Mr Tracy would have much use for a postage stamp, what with being dead and all...

You mean they are not allowed to send messages from movie heaven? Or wherever he is. LOL

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

You mean they are not allowed to send messages from movie heaven? Or wherever he is. LOL

No idea, but I suspect USPS may have trouble delivering them, even for half a buck! 😉

5 minutes ago, limey said:

No idea, but I suspect USPS may have trouble delivering them, even for half a buck! 😉

I thought everything was free after death.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

I thought everything was free after death.

And totally free of technicolor!

But, sending messages to the living requires the use of a Conductor, mon ami.

*where's that smell of fried onions coming from*

I think the U.S. Postal Service is fed-up with the problems in getting The Legends of Hollywood stamps out to the public. It seems like relatives of the deceased actors and actresses make unnecessary demands. The last Legends of Hollywood stamp to be issued was Shirley Temple and that was two years ago. That year it was supposed to be Elizabeth Taylor but who knows why it was never issued. Some relative no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, cody1949 said:

I think the U.S. Postal Service is fed-up with the problems in getting The Legends of Hollywood stamps out to the public. It seems like relatives of the deceased actors and actresses make unnecessary demands. The last Legends of Hollywood stamp to be issued was Shirley Temple and that was two years ago. That year it was supposed to be Elizabeth Taylor but who knows why it was never issued. Some relative no doubt.

THANX FOR INPUT!   You may be right, plus they are really suffering-(like magazine's & print newspapers) due to the internet!

The dozen I own are in a frame on my personal "Walls-of-Fame"-(room looks like an old movie museum!)

But a few months ago I called around & the local postal office said they didn't carry them anymore-(that's how I was lucky enough to get these, for that was about 15 to 20yrs ago)

& referred me to the main office, which I think-(hope) will then send them to you

Think I touched on this, in May of 2008 to celebrate the demise of *SINATRA, local office had an entire wall devoted to his stuff!

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, Princess of Tap said:

I had forgotten all about this. I used to collect those. I believe I had Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Judy Garland, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and I think James Stewart. Spencer Tracy certainly should have been in this group.

What happened to them though?   I only have a dozen & now one must contact actual postal service to get more or the rest.

It really smells that he is left out, especially with such an enormous influx

To TopBilled, Jakeem, LawrenceA or anybody else, can you send exact link & info on these "LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD POSTAGE STAMPS?"

You guys always seem to beat most to the chase on things like this

1 hour ago, spence said:

What happened to them though?   I only have a dozen & now one must contact actual postal service to get more or the rest.

It really smells that he is left out, especially with such an enormous influx

To be frank with you the whole thing is primarily spearheaded by the Star's family.  I think they even select the photo/portrait to be used. The Arnaz kids did it with Fred Ball, Lucy's brother and it seems like Lorna Luft did Judy's, hers was beautiful.

I think Susan or is she called Susie Tracy is still alive, so I don't know what she's up.

I looked them up & for the most part all are now available via AMAZON.   But, expensive & you get 20 stamps per star

ONCE AGFAIN I ANTE TO THANK YOU MR. JHOE TRACY!

Biggest & most stupid reason is they should have overridied him & had Father Flanagan as his stamp[ no matter what

I can't imagine why getting a "stamp" would be important to anyone. Who looks at stamps?

2 hours ago, drednm said:

I can't imagine why getting a "stamp" would be important to anyone. Who looks at stamps?

Collectors. 

It's kind of like asking why getting a "classic movie" would be important. Who looks at those? :)

I think a film is tad more interesting than a postage stamp. 😂

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Collectors. 

It's kind of like asking why getting a "classic movie" would be important. Who looks at those? :)

(hides sheet of Star Wars 30th Anniversary stamps from 2007)

Why, um...NO ONE, really!  ☺️ And I never bought those Cat in the Hat or Disney's Aladdin stamps either!

USA-3187h.jpg.e41aa92805d780fcca965c08df0dda9d.jpginfo1.4.8.1.jpg.d24bb8f3fb2117df076167eb68d839ad.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Collectors. 

And is anyone still asking why George Washington is on the $1 bill?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

tracy+stamp.jpg

OMG we think our postage is high!:o

1 US dollar = 49.62 Dominican pesos, so that's about 8 US cents!

(The Dominican peso also uses the $ sign)

I like that stamp design.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2018 at 10:01 AM, spence said:

To CaveGirl, why not?

Ah, gee...do I have to answer that, Spence?

Let's see...I think his visage is too big for a postage stamp maybe.

3 hours ago, limey said:

1 US dollar = 49.62 Dominican pesos, so that's about 8 US cents!

(The Dominican peso also uses the $ sign)

I like that stamp design.

Although they could have picked anything, and they picked Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde??

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Although they could have picked anything, and they picked Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde??

Probably figured that film had wider appeal than say, The Old Man of the Sea, or Boys Town.

Anyway, I like his version of J & H.

• Like 1