[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
spence

Does *Spencer Tracy finally desrve a US postal stamp?

10 posts in this topic

Writing this topic completely.....off, mainly because his grandson butted in with his own collage of his grandfather, the postal service was already in stage & with a lg audience too! too! & was presented somekind of stupid collage of *Spence instead  GO-FIGURE?  instead?> going to have his own-(BETWEEN ;Boys Town' & "Edward My Son') But Joe Tracy messed it up BIG-TIME  to come up with  is his own vision, so they apparentlychucked the lot?>??)=(this was abut 2004/05)("Boys Town" or "Edward, My Son")  (NOTE:though his Manuel in 'C. Courageous" is my fav role of his 74 I think Father Flanagan woulda' been the finest choicy how ridiculous Joe T was & still is by the way, only a small sample of "LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD"  *K. Hepburn, *Peck, JD, MM, GARBO, *A. Hepburn, *Cooper, Judy & *Cagney, *Bogey &  Edward G. have long had these available  (*acccess them online)

*Cagney, *BOGEY, Edward G. & a lot more have had their US stamps now for over a year   & even Hitch has had his own  his own?

PLUS, I have them in a frame ALMOST F0RGOT  Universal Horror stamps too>Chaney, Sr., Chaney, Jr., Lugosi, Karloff,etc 

& due to the climate of pc,etc it took the most years to finally give *John Wayne his own stamp  Snother outrageous example of this era *"THE DUKE": was voted way down AFI';s ;99 poll at  #13th place???

THANK YOU & AGAIN, IF YOU CALL/WRITE US POSTAL SERVICE & SEE WHO HAS ONE, THEY EVEN SEND US FANS A BOOKLET

I had forgotten all about this. I used to collect those. I believe I had Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Judy Garland, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and I think James Stewart. Spencer Tracy certainly should have been in this group.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, CaveGirl said:

No.

To CaveGirl, why not?

I'm not sure that Mr Tracy would have much use for a postage stamp, what with being dead and all... 😉

But if he does get one (and I'd have no objection), I'd use it in combination with the Katherine Hepburn one... *hides*

28 minutes ago, limey said:

I'm not sure that Mr Tracy would have much use for a postage stamp, what with being dead and all...

You mean they are not allowed to send messages from movie heaven? Or wherever he is. LOL

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

You mean they are not allowed to send messages from movie heaven? Or wherever he is. LOL

No idea, but I suspect USPS may have trouble delivering them, even for half a buck! 😉

5 minutes ago, limey said:

No idea, but I suspect USPS may have trouble delivering them, even for half a buck! 😉

I thought everything was free after death.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

I thought everything was free after death.

And totally free of technicolor!

But, sending messages to the living requires the use of a Conductor, mon ami.

*where's that smell of fried onions coming from*

I think the U.S. Postal Service is fed-up with the problems in getting The Legends of Hollywood stamps out to the public. It seems like relatives of the deceased actors and actresses make unnecessary demands. The last Legends of Hollywood stamp to be issued was Shirley Temple and that was two years ago. That year it was supposed to be Elizabeth Taylor but who knows why it was never issued. Some relative no doubt.