Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme

42 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, darkblue said:

Search box no longer shows up.

A message at the top of the page is saying:

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I find this "AdminCP" ?

Stands for Administrator Control Panel.  If you did find it, would need the username and password which the webmaster only has.

What does it mean?Been getting this for last few days and unable to access the Most Recent Posts tab.  Have no idea what AdminCP is.  [[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Stands for Administrator Control Panel.  If you did find it, would need the username and password which the webmaster only has.

So where do I find the webmaster? Will I have to beat him up to get him to spill the password?

46 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Unless it's one of those glorious bugs that also disables the tool needed to fix the bug... ?

It's been discussed at length down in the Problems sub-forum, which you can find here:

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/185661-support-tool-in-the-admincp-to-restore-the-default-theme/

The short version is, that's an error that has popped up as an update is being prepared. When the update is fully installed, then the error will be rectified. When the update will be complete, I have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

It's been discussed at length down in the Problems sub-forum, which you can find here:

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/185661-support-tool-in-the-admincp-to-restore-the-default-theme/

The short version is, that's an error that has popped up as an update is being prepared. When the update is fully installed, then the error will be rectified. When the update will be complete, I have no idea.

Yes, it might be awhile. Let's hope other errors or other features that need repairing are fixed with the next upgrade.

• Thanks 1

Since it appears the toolbar stopped working spontaneously, i'd say either they ran a routine update which broke it, or else they were using software that had a "time bomb".  I'd give it about a 50/50 chance in this case, as they aren't that big on updates, whereas routine updates continuously break things all over the world.  Especially Microsoft updates, from what I read and hear about.

I like it!

maybe it will act like a talisman and scare off the korean spammers.

:D

7 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Since it appears the toolbar stopped working spontaneously, i'd say either they ran a routine update which broke it, or else they were using software that had a "time bomb".  I'd give it about a 50/50 chance in this case, as they aren't that big on updates, whereas routine updates continuously break things all over the world.  Especially Microsoft updates, from what I read and hear about.

I would assume the former and poor testing by QA staff (assuming there is any),  to verify that a MS update didn't mess with existing functionality.    This happens all the time but mostly with IE in my experience.   I'm using Chrome and I'm getting the same error so maybe it was just poorly written software by those that maintain this website for TCM. 

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I would assume the former and poor testing by QA staff (assuming there is any),  to verify that a MS update didn't mess with existing functionality.    This happens all the time but mostly with IE in my experience.   I'm using Chrome and I'm getting the same error so maybe it was just poorly written software by those that maintain this website for TCM. 

I'd say it's definitely a server-side script or package that is broken.  Perhaps a bit of middleware (perhaps a plug-in or add-on module) which the "TCMbar" (most likely a custom script) runs on, and some dependencies went *poof* due to a routine update of something else.  You know how that goes.

I suggest middleware since the rest of the website appears to be up.  And if there is middleware, there is a chance for a time-bomb (as in trialware or shareware) - I was half kidding of course about this, but also half-serious.  You really never know about me.

The message at the top of the screen to restore the default theme is now...

GONE. Yay!

• Like 1

WHOO-HOO!

mystery 'black bar' is GONE..........SEARCH is back!!

-TY

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

WHOO-HOO!

mystery 'black bar' is GONE..........SEARCH is back!!

-TY

Yes...I thought it would drag out for another week. Glad it was resolved fairly quickly.

Posted (edited)

Glad to see that the toolbar message has gone away.  At the same time that popped up, I started to get a message,

in red, telling me that the website was "unsafe" when I'd sign in. Thought it would go away when the toolbar 

issue was corrected. Still there, though.  

The actual wording I see is "! Website Not Secure".  I only see this on my Ipad.  Anyone

else having this issue?

Edited by darrylfxanax
To be more specific with my post.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, darrylfxanax said:

Glad to see that the toolbar message has gone away.  At the same time that popped up, I started to get a message,

in red, telling me that the website was "unsafe" when I'd sign in. Thought it would go away when the toolbar 

issue was corrected. Still there, though.  

The actual wording I see is "! Website Not Secure".  I only see this on my Ipad.  Anyone

else having this issue?

I get that message on my laptop when I use Firefox to log in, but not Internet Explorer.

• Thanks 1