Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme

42 posts in this topic

It means that you just preempted what I was about to post about.... 😉
 

Something appears to have changed with the forum software, that's causing the menu bar used to select the wider group of TCM forums to error. To get to the technical issues forum, I had to journey via google...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this is happening to me too...regardless of which browser I use (Google Chrome and Firefox).

I am also getting this error when I try to refresh the screen:

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 1.52.14 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, this is happening to me too...regardless of which browser I use (Google Chrome and Firefox).

I am also getting this error when I try to refresh the screen:

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 1.52.14 PM.png

Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bar comes up stating [[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If anyone knows what all this means I would appreciate any help possible.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked under my bed and saw...

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

👺👻👽👾

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue is in regard to an available system update; which will be performed shortly. 

Thank you for your patience. 

  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black bar which reads..

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snapshot.

blob.png.a2b1bd94f14135ed358240837d268263.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

This issue is in regard to an available system update; which will be performed shortly. 

Thank you for your patience. 

oh no....site gets buggier and more unstable with every one...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after trying to search subject in OT section, this mess. popped up & I can no longer see search box...

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

after trying to search subject in OT section, this mess. popped up & I can no longer see search box...

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

 

 

anyone know WHAT it means & how to get rid of it??

:blink:

(it's there using FF or Google)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

anyone know WHAT it means & how to get rid of it??

:blink:

(it's there using FF or Google)

There's a thread about this down in the Problems section. A mod chimed in and said that there is a pending update to the software, and then the issue will be resolved.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the upgrade will improve the search feature. Let's hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen.  Ever since the the revamp of the site the feature has been almost useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, happening to me, too. I sent a PM this morning, and when I tried to get back on General Discussions I got that "community is unavailable" screen. I thought uh oh, I've been banned! I closed the window I was using and opened a new one, but I'm still getting that black bar message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

There's a thread about this down in the Problems section. A mod chimed in and said that there is a pending update to the software, and then the issue will be resolved.

thanks, but since this bar popped up, I can no longer get to any of the lower sections.

Was there any answer as to how to get rid of it??

:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

thanks, but since this bar popped up, I can no longer get to any of the lower sections.

 

Try using the back button on your browser to get back to the forums page, or just open the tcm site again. Do not click on "TCM Message Boards," because this will only get you back to the "upper sections." The "lower sections" are called the forums.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tried that, & closing and trying dif. browsers too

ran 'malware' scan as well & it says I'm okay

:(

-opened to TCM home page, got mess board thru THERE & at least got to see ALL forums again!

so thanks, folks :)

but that blasted black bar remains! :blink:

(but as was said, the damn search function was screwy anyway)

<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, shutoo said:

oh no....site gets buggier and more unstable with every one...

LOL. Glad I'm not alone..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Try using the back button on your browser to get back to the forums page, or just open the tcm site again. Do not click on "TCM Message Boards," because this will only get you back to the "upper sections." The "lower sections" are called the forums.

I followed your instructions and it worked, except I clicked on "Message Boards" because  I couldn't see "Forums". But it worked!

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Search box no longer shows up.

A message at the top of the page is saying:

[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I find this "AdminCP" ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us