yanceycravat

The "When was the last time a movie played on TCM?" thread

84 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, spence said:

Funny jazz,  ironically I was only writing about 1970's very un pc nowadays anyway WATERMELON MAN  It may never play again o any network in this era again though???

It has already been stated in this thread about 15 posts above yours that Watermelon Man will be on TCM again in September. So your PC paranoia is unwarranted. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time "Golden Dawn" played on TCM?

Same question for "Dancing Sweeties".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, MovieCollectorOH said:

Yes, it is possibly tied up.  I have it shown in Nov 1994.  My listing is in the link below.  Ever since they did away with this forum's signature area in all their infinite wisdom, I haven't had this prominently displayed.
http://moviecollector.us/reports/TCM_SCHEDULES_SUMMARY_alpha.htm

Maybe there's a way you can put the link on your profile page. Or have you already done it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

When was the last time "Golden Dawn" played on TCM?

Same question for "Dancing Sweeties".

According to MovieCollector's info:

GOLDEN DAWN...has aired 4x, the most recent broadcast was back in December 2005.

DANCING SWEETIES...has also aired 4x, the most recent broadcast was also in December 2005.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Maybe there's a way you can put the link on your profile page. Or have you already done it?

It's there.  Nobody cares to look.  There is only so much I can do.  Maybe if I stand on my head and spit wooden nickels.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MovieCollectorOH said:

It's there.  Nobody cares to look.  There is only so much I can do.  Maybe if I stand on my head and spit wooden nickels.

I usually just clicked on the link in your signature. But now that option is no longer available. I'm just going to bookmark it. Thanks. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TopBilled said:

I usually just clicked on the link in your signature. But now that option is no longer available. I'm just going to bookmark it. Thanks. :) 

P.S. For now I also have it under my name on the left.  It's probably too small for most to notice, but easy enough to copy and paste.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

P.S. For now I also have it under my name on the left.  It's probably too small for most to notice, but easy enough to copy and paste.

Great. Yeah, keep it there. People will notice it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

It has already been stated in this thread about 15 posts above yours that Watermelon Man will be on TCM again in September. So your PC paranoia is unwarranted. 

Are you certain that funny comedy will actually be broadcast again & in this era on that date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, spence said:

Are you certain that funny comedy will actually be broadcast again & in this era on that date?

It's on the schedule. I'm not sure how else I can help you.

Watermelon Man is also available via Amazon Prime Video (for a rental fee), or you can buy used copies of the DVD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

It's on the schedule. I'm sure how else I can help you.

Watermelon Man is also available via Amazon Prime Video (for a rental fee), or you can buy used copies of the DVD.

JUST GOT DELETED AGAIN IN REPLYING TO YOU, IN SHORT WATERMELON MAN IS FUN & I;m NOT POLITICAL OR PARANOID AOUT THER PIGS IN WASHINGTON, I JUST HAVE AS KNACK FOR PEDICTING THINGS    Thanks to the adminstrators again, 6th time this happened in 3 days you people!!!    This network & or website has never ever done this to me in many years I was taking pt in it & didn't not use any nasty language either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, spence said:

Are you certain that funny comedy will actually be broadcast again & in this era on that date?

ONCE MORE TO MY OL PAL LAWRENCE,A  I AM IN NO SHAPE OR FPORKM A LIBRRAL-(I bascally despise them all, to put it mildly)  ALL THE WAY MY FRIEND & DESPITE LIKING THIS 1970 COMEDY I;D NEVER PURCHASE IT TO START WITH THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY OTHER FILMS TO BOTHER MYSELF WITH $MONEYWISE$ I enjoyed it last timer it was on tv about 1998 & yrs prior to that, but it's small potatoes when it comes to owning it my friend. Do you have it or plan to? & AS FAR AS POARANOIA ON MY BEHAKLF & ESOECALLY REGARDING SOME FILM & THE WAY THIS COUNTRY IS GOING< I CSNM'T DO ANYTHING ASBOUT IT ANMYWASY & A LOT OF THE TIE JUDST BLOCVK IT ASLL OUTY@!

14 minutes ago, spence said:

JUST GOT DELETED AGAIN IN REPLYING TO YOU, IN SHORT WATERMELON MAN IS FUN & I;m NOT POLITICAL OR PARANOID AOUT THER PIGS IN WASHINGTON, I JUST HAVE AS KNACK FOR PEDICTING THINGS    Thanks to the adminstrators again, 6th time this happened in 3 days you people!!!    This network & or website has never ever done this to me in many years I was taking pt in it & didn't not use any nasty language either?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f you may recall within this post-(think it was this one) I voted for RONALD (WILSON) REAGAN-(l9ll-2004)_BUT THOUGHT FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT WAS A GREAT MAN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:16 AM, yanceycravat said:

According to my notes the last time Wonder Bar played was June 6th 2007. 

While it's possible Mammy played at some point I show no record of it playing anytime after Dec. 2006.

Both Mammy and Wonder Bar are available on DVD from Warner Archive.

Wonder Bar has that outrageous number headed by both Jolson and Hal LeRoy in blackface called "Goin to Heaven on A Mule".

It's completely indescribable. What can you say when Hal LeRoy emerges tap dancing from a watermelon? Yes, it certainly was a different time!!!

 

It's hard to believe that just about the only thing in "Wonder Bar" that the production code censors would not have had a problem with would be this number!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hSaw this other evening & wanted to chime-in but was & still am still feeling just to crappy sorts fans!

 

It is about flix that did or is it ones that never aired on the network?

If it's the latter, they have not aired 1930's  UP THE RIVER for quite sometime!

Or 1931's QUICK MILLIONS I don't believe has ever been aired?

same goes for anther Tracy picture in 1933's POWER & THE GLORY?

& I AM ALMOST POSITIVE I;M RIGHT IN REGASRD TO THE 1951 *F. March version of DEATH OF A SALESMAN & though not ultra ancient have they ever broadcast 1989's FABULOUS BAKER BOYS?

Let alone Marveloius Michelle's 1988 MARRIED TO THE MOB?

 

WHO'S THAT KNOCKING AT MY DOOR

 

THE ROSE

THE LAST WALTZ

 

THE RIGHT STUFF

 

& how about Winona's GIRL, INTERRUPTED?

 

 

 

& I fondly remember 1970's WATERMELON MAN as a kid of about 7, it was on all the time back then  Tough in this pc era it's unlikely that comedy will ever see light of day again

 

& most are taken back when I tell them I've yet to see 1937's war film-(foreign) GRAND ILLUSION< but it's also rarely aired

 

And so many more can be included here

 

My major one that I think TCM has not broadcast **** single time is *Sinatra;'s 1956 western JOHNNY CONCHO???  Has anyone even seen that rarely known Western?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spence said:

My major one that I think TCM has not broadcast **** single time is *Sinatra;'s 1956 western JOHNNY CONCHO???  Has anyone even seen that rarely known Western?

Yes, it was not included when Sinatra was Star of the Month. So I wonder if there's a rights issue going on.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 8.25.44 AM.jpg

Another one of his that never airs on TCM is MEET DANNY WILSON which he made at Universal in the early 50s with Shelley Winters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, it was not included when Sinatra was Star of the Month. So I wonder if there's a rights issue going on.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 8.25.44 AM.jpg

Another one of his that never airs on TCM is MEET DANNY WILSON which he made at Universal in the early 50s with Shelley Winters.

Top, thanx per usual   Your right though it may e a legal problem about JC?   Whats your own view oif that western by the way?

 

& MEET DANNY WILSON was among very first of his I ever saw ion tv as a kid  only fair (**1/2) though huh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nd on TCM's STOTM's, do you know who holds the record for it & in order, just say the top three stars or so? Just taking a guess I bet *Bette Davis, Cary Grant lead that list

 

I ofall people should know this, when was NATALIE last STOTM?  Can you believe I;ve saved virtually all my past NP Guides!  Hefty bags full

& as for the new digital one it doesn't even begin to hold a candle

 

I got 1 somewhat  sent to date, but it's difficult to open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warner Bros. films that TCM has never played according to MovieCollector's database:

Bought! (1931)

Recaptured Love (1930)

Those Who Dance (1930)

Yet I have what appear to be complete copies of all three and I have no idea where they came from if not TCM.

So they are definitely not lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spence said:

Top, thanx per usual   Your right though it may e a legal problem about JC?   Whats your own view oif that western by the way?

& MEET DANNY WILSON was among very first of his I ever saw ion tv as a kid  only fair (**1/2) though huh

I've never seen JOHNNY CONCHO, because it's hiding in some vault somewhere, so I cannot comment on it. I'd like to see it on TCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calvinnme said:

Warner Bros. films that TCM has never played according to MovieCollector's database:

Bought! (1931)

Recaptured Love (1930)

Those Who Dance (1930)

Yet I have what appear to be complete copies of all three and I have no idea where they came from if not TCM.

So they are definitely not lost.

Interesting. There's no logo or station identifier on your copies? Maybe they were put on YouTube at one point by collectors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Interesting. There's no logo or station identifier on your copies? Maybe they were put on YouTube at one point by collectors.

All three - Bought!, Recaptured Love, and Those Who Dance - have no logo or station identifier on them. You can tell they originally come from tapes because of the occasional noise that shows up on the DVDs. The quality is not great but OK for VHS era. They were probably recorded from TV pre TCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

All three - Bought!, Recaptured Love, and Those Who Dance - have no logo or station identifier on them. You can tell they originally come from tapes because of the occasional noise that shows up on the DVDs. The quality is not great but OK for VHS era. They were probably recorded from TV pre TCM.

Well at least you have them to watch. Maybe TCM will get around to airing them. Someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I write on sooo many sites & 4-get if I also listed the likes of   "Quick Millions"-(has it ever been aired? As his *Kate said he started out playing gangsters)   "Power & the Glory"  & did list "J. Concho" & thanx as usual for clearing that up, still should be on more though

 

(P.S. To Top, ever see his L. king interviews?-(youtube) (1988) 2 to 3 pts & tremendous, even if your not another *FS fanatic such as myself. But, he pretty much cleared up that massive entire controversy surrounding the superb "M. Candidate"   Also, though he did not touch on it, that famed feud between he & *Brando-(NOTE: It first actually started with *"Waterfront"due to him desperately wanting to portray Terry Malloy instead, for myriad of reasons. Then "Guys & Dolls" wanting to play Sky Masterson instead. That one tore it between the 2 heavyweights   Very nasty to each other  *Brando called him "The Singer" & *FS called him "Mumbles"  Then yrs later of course came *"THE GODFATHER" you know that story.  I am certain *Frank loathed him & thought about him more than *Marlon thought about him though. & dig this, *Sinatra was originally gonna' do 1979';s "La Cage Aux Folles?" 

 

Trying   to recall other tcm flix on this topic, can't at present

 

(P.S. Going to *"WEST SIDE...." hopefully Sunday.    Only previous times I got to see her on the big screen was "REBEL..." around 1995 or so & of course in oct. of 1983 "Brainstorm" ($11m.) (***) do you agree it's weird but good & deserved nods for it's sound & especially *L:. Fletcher?)

 

THANX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I've never seen JOHNNY CONCHO, because it's hiding in some vault somewhere, so I cannot comment on it. I'd like to see it on TCM.

On the note of MEET DANNY WILSON  nobody ever believed me-(personal friends long before the net that Raymound Burr was actually gay? Matter of fact i'm certain knowing you top that you know the story of him & NATALIE, am I right?   My grandmother almost also had a crush on him & never missed his "P. Mason" & then tv's "Ironside"

 

1954 was just an AWFUL time for her (NATASHA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us