yanceycravat

The "When was the last time a movie played on TCM?" thread

83 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, TopBilled said:

Yes, it was not included when Sinatra was Star of the Month. So I wonder if there's a rights issue going on.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 8.25.44 AM.jpg

Another one of his that never airs on TCM is MEET DANNY WILSON which he made at Universal in the early 50s with Shelley Winters.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, TopBilled said:

Yes, it was not included when Sinatra was Star of the Month. So I wonder if there's a rights issue going on.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 8.25.44 AM.jpg

Another one of his that never airs on TCM is MEET DANNY WILSON which he made at Universal in the early 50s with Shelley Winters.

By the way it's been decades since I've seen JC  whats your own view of it?

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, LawrenceA said:

It has already been stated in this thread about 15 posts above yours that Watermelon Man will be on TCM again in September. So your PC paranoia is unwarranted. 

Would you please stop referring to me as PC though! I LOATH that garbage & multiculturlism,etc -(misspelled)  As a gal pal of mine used to always say we both belonged in the '40's & 50's instead!  after all I voted for REAGAN.

I;'m not aloine by any means in seeing the writing on the wall in what used to be a tremendous country & still is, but losing ground thesedays daily

(P.S. Do you agree somewhat in that I bet tons in this pc era likely hate tcm for the era's it shows?)

imagine if they aired anything related to "Amos & Andy"   I have one of my fav days of the week on talk radio every sat evening down here  It airs old time radio shows  Jack Benny, "Life of  Riley" " A & C" & of course mystery shows  IT IS UTTERLY SUPERB JAZZ!) 

Of my almost 54yrs-(Nov. 8th) the 1980's have by far my been own fav. decade so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spence said:

Would you please stop referring to me as PC though!

You need to learn some reading comprehension. I never called you PC, I was referring to your constant waling about PC culture. You're the one who keeps bringing the term into the conversation. Thus, my reference to your paranoia about Political Correctness. 

1 hour ago, spence said:

Of my almost 54yrs-(Nov. 8th) the 1980's have by far my been own fav. decade so far

Yeah, most people enjoyed whatever decade they were in when they were in their late teens and 20's. It was mainly because you were in your late teens and 20's. Yet most people mistake that youthful exuberance and natural optimism with some sort of mythical quality about the times themselves. Trust me, there were plenty of people who were in their 50's in the 1980's who thought it was the worst time in American history, just as there are now, just as there will be 10, 20, 30 years from now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spence said:

By the way it's been decades since I've seen JC  whats your own view of it?

Spence, I already answered you on page 3 and you clicked 'like' so I believe you read my comment about JOHNNY CONCHO. Scroll back a page and you'll see it.

spence, I do know that the old AMC channel televised it back in the day. I recorded it on to tape, though I couldn't attest to it's visual quality these days. I haven't watched it in years.

To be honest I can't recall if I also threw my 2 cents in on this topic yet or not?    However, at any rate my tops, questions,etc are>

UP THE RIVER (l930-Fox), QUICK MILLIONS (l930-Fox)-(QUESTION: Has this *Tracy gangster picture even ever been aired???), POWER & THE GLORY (l933-Fox), DEATH OF A SALESMAN (l951) 

OOPS, I now remember I listed JOHNNY CONCHO & I think it was buddy TopBilled that quickly replied

(FIONAL NOPTE: & WHO HAS HAD THE RARE OPPURTUNITY TO BE ASBLE TO CHECK OUT "THE GREAT ONE: JACKIE GLEASON-(l9l6-87) IN 1967's STUNNINGLY AWFUL, YET NEVER BORING "SKIDOO?"

He even has a sequence where he drops LSD & it goes on FOREVER TOO!