FilmMakerJr

"Film Noir" student missed "Hitchcock" enrollment. any chance to access to course, even read-only, please

25 posts in this topic

"Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir" student missed "The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock"  enrollment.
Any chance to  access to the course -even read-only- please

I've sent the following message (Facebook)  to Prof Edwards and did not get any response yet

Dear Prof Richard L Edwards,

I am one your online TCM Film Noir (CN-1833-FILM-NOIR) students and enjoyed your immense knowledge in 2015.

Although I have marked the related boxes to be informed about the future online courses but never received any message. I also wanted to send this message to you through canvas earlier  without success.

To cut it short, I have just found out about the TCM Presents The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock (who is my GURU I have read so many books about him and seen his almost every movie including the 1/2 hour series) just by coincidence.

I would love to have access to the course materials even read-only since the course is already over and it is perhaps unlikely to be repeated in my limited lifetime.

I know perhaps I am asking too much but I will listen to Jesus, once said: "knock the door" would you care to open the door for me to be included in the course please

all the best

Dude, the good Prof is on Twitter and usually answers questions there. I've sent him a few. Yours, Pop.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pop Leibel said:

Dude, the good Prof is on Twitter and usually answers questions there. I've sent him a few. Yours, Pop.

Thank you for that. I actually tried twitter last night and seen a message not accepting message or something warning.
After you prompted me I have just tried again just few minutes ago and managed it ok. and waiting a response. all the best

direct messaging in twitter may not be working according to twitter support since I cannot see my sent message to the prof Edwards.
I appreciate any further suggestions please

I have just discovered a button for my other course I have completed:
TCM Presents Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir
I can see the click "Generate epub" it looks as if it is generating. But nothing happens and no download button

To be able to get to the right page:
after you login please visit the following link for the course
https://learn.canvas.net/epub_exports

Has anyone seen a similar one in the Hitchcock course  and generated and downloaded an epub version?

if so  can you share it please?

download.jpg

FilmMakerJr,  I am having the same problem.  I can download Musicals and Hitch but cannot get the Noir and Slapstick that I also took.  The Generate Pub just doesn't work.  If anyone knows how to or who to contact about it could you please post.  I am not sure if it is Canvas or email through this course since they were the same set up so please let me know if you have someone to contact.  These courses were wonderful but not enough time for the extra research into areas they touched on and always thought I would go back in and do so later.  The downloads of the courses would make that so easy to go back and do now as I am retired now and have the time.

Thank you all so much, I enjoy the message boards as people are so helpful and share so many good ideas and information.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, overtherainbow54 said:

FilmMakerJr,  I am having the same problem.  I can download Musicals and Hitch but cannot get the Noir and Slapstick that I also took. 

I cannot download Noir (although I was a student of it - function to download doesn't work)  or the Hitchcock that I haven't registered with.
Since you could access to the Hitchcock one would you be able to share the Hitchcock for me please

FilmMakerJr   Hi, I am not savvy on the computer, I am retired (older person) and have very little computer experience, so what exactly can I do to help?  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, phillyfilmbuff said:

i will trade you Hitch for Noir ?

The download for Noir doesn't set to work unfortunately.
That means I cannot share it. Please share the Hitchcock one as you seem to have it

FilmMakerJr, there is not just one link, it shows up as each individual page of outline, etc.  I don't see one line of anything.  It looks like what in this course they called a pdf?  

you should see if Dr. Edwards can make the available since you took them

they should remain available since i just got Hitch and i took it a year ago

1 hour ago, phillyfilmbuff said:

let me know when you received them ok?

Thank you phillyfilmbuff. I have just received both of them and I appreciate very much. 
I couldn't respond sooner due to the time difference (I am in Europe)

as for the Noir course:

I can see the click "Generate epub" it looks as if it is generating. But nothing happens and no download button. So it seems earlier courses hasn't been set to download I reckon
Because it has generate epub link but no "download" link as I have shared the image earlier:
download.thumb.jpg.95fc8af9903b25dcee079

all the best

you wont get the download until it generates and that takessometime and you Must stay on that page until it does itwill notifyyouwhen it generates!

phillyfilmbuff: I'm afraid it doesn't work and it is not supposed to work anyway since it's not set to do so. I've tried many times in the past as well as today. I also remember I've  read that it only works if they activate such function.

you tweet or email Dr Edwards because if you took the courses the materials should be available.

its a problem that should be looked at and solved. your only prob will be getting Edwards to respond.

ive had little luck but then im one of many.