Dr. Vanessa Theme Ament

Opening Salvo For Mad About Musicals Course

578 posts in this topic

Funny Girl, Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, Showboat.  These particular musicals conf to mind.  They had poignant story lines, great dancing and singing, and memorable songs that you want to hear again and again.  You care about the characters and end seek g the movie feeling uplifted.

Apparently I missed this topic. Oh well, better late than never I suppose. The main film musical I can't get enough of is Music Man. I've watched both versions several times. I also enjoy Singing in the Rain. 

On 6/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, Dr. Vanessa Theme Ament said:

So, here is a little tidbit. I was the supervising Foley editor on A Goofy Movie. It is, to this day, one of my favorite projects I worked on. Kevin Lima, the director, is a joy to work with, and my ex-husband, David Stone, was the supervising sound editor. He went on to win the Academy Award for sound editing for Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have to tell you that we all loved working on that film. When I put together the group ADR (group voices) and worked with Kevin, it was one of the most enjoyable days in my career up to that point. Those of us in the sound team for that film still talk about what fun it was to work on that film. So it is so gratifying that so many young people grew up loving that film. (I love it too.)

That is amazing! I still remember seeing that in theaters when I was younger, I still have my VHS copy lying around somewhere! Me and my sister are in our 30s and we still quote that movie and the songs! ?