Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

Ingrid Bergman

4 posts in this topic

Tonight, today, at after 1 a.m. 06/04/18, they are showing two Ingrid Bergan films, that they have shown so many times, Stromboli and A women's face. They,t.c.m., could have had the opportunity, instead to introduce one of Ingrid Bergman film, that has yet to be seen on Television the film she did in Germany back in 1937. Die Vier Gessellen, by Sacrificing the other feature. The reason why they have not premiered this.M y guess is that the c.e.o's were afraid that many of the casual  classic film fans, the only one they serve, might not be aware that she was naive, at the time  of what was going on in Germany,she wasn't aware what they did until she moved ot the United States, at the beginning  of the war, that she had regret doing a film in Germany at the time. My guess is that they are still fearing that if they showed that film the ignorant audience might believe she was being sympathetic and stop watching any more of her films. That is ridiculous if I'm right. Time Warner was also being stingy and selfish about this.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 1:17 AM, 28Silent said:

Tonight, today, at after 1 a.m. 06/04/18, they are showing two Ingrid Bergan films, that they have shown so many times, Stromboli and A women's face. They,t.c.m., could have had the opportunity, instead to introduce one of Ingrid Bergman film, that has yet to be seen on Television the film she did in Germany back in 1937. Die Vier Gessellen, by Sacrificing the other feature. The reason why they have not premiered this.M y guess is that the c.e.o's were afraid that many of the casual  classic film fans, the only one they serve, might not be aware that she was naive, at the time  of what was going on in Germany,she wasn't aware what they did until she moved ot the United States, at the beginning  of the war, that she had regret doing a film in Germany at the time. My guess is that they are still fearing that if they showed that film the ignorant audience might believe she was being sympathetic and stop watching any more of her films. That is ridiculous if I'm right. Time Warner was also being stingy and selfish about this.

I want them to show this too but the problem may be as simple as they don't have the rights. Die vier Gessellen and Casablanca would make a good double feature. :lol: 

• Like 1

I'd like to see a double feature in primetime of A WOMAN'S FACE -- Bergman's version followed by Crawford's. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

• Like 2

I would pick Journey to Italy and Notorious only to show the scope of Bergman doing Hollywood and Bergman doing European film. Both are exquisite but amazingly different. 

• Like 1