Sign in to follow this  
KarenLucille

Movies On Demand not giving me a login page

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to watch "Hallelujah" on TMC.com. I click on "DirecTV" for my provider and a window opens that says it is taking me to my provider to log in, but it just returns to the movie page. I never get to log in and if I click on the movie again, the process repeats ad nauseum. Any ideas why? Using latest Safari browser on an up-to-date MacBook Air.

I’m having the same issue. My provider is Spectrum. I’ve talked to my cable company at length a number of times to see if they could help. Everything was fine on their end. Did you ever find out how to resolve the problem?

Nope. Still not working. Now I am getting an error message. "There was a problem verifying your account with your TV Service Provider." I don't get to "sign in" anywhere (although I tried opening a new tab and signing into my DirecTV account and then trying to watch TCM on demand... that's when I get the error).

Thank you for replying. Still not working for me either. I can click on any other provider and the log in opens, but doesn’t work for mine.  I wrote to TCM but haven’t heard back from them. 

On 6/9/2018 at 7:35 PM, KarenLucille said:

I am trying to watch "Hallelujah" on TMC.com. I click on "DirecTV" for my provider and a window opens that says it is taking me to my provider to log in, but it just returns to the movie page. I never get to log in and if I click on the movie again, the process repeats ad nauseum. Any ideas why? Using latest Safari browser on an up-to-date MacBook Air.

June 9, 2018, I didn't comment to this post as I couldn't replicate your problem at my end (at that time).

On 6/21/2018 at 10:09 AM, VictoriaAnne said:

I’m having the same issue. My provider is Spectrum. I’ve talked to my cable company at length a number of times to see if they could help. Everything was fine on their end. Did you ever find out how to resolve the problem? 

On Wednesday AM, June 20, 2018, TCM totally revamped their WATCH TCM Website, creating a host of problems, including the same as commented about in the previous two posts.

3 hours ago, KarenLucille said:

Nope. Still not working. Now I am getting an error message. "There was a problem verifying your account with your TV Service Provider." I don't get to "sign in" anywhere (although I tried opening a new tab and signing into my DirecTV account and then trying to watch TCM on demand... that's when I get the error).

If you're attempting to sign-in to the WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND on-line website, I may be able to help...

45 minutes ago, VictoriaAnne said:

... Still not working for me either. I can click on any other provider and the log in opens, but doesn’t work for mine.  I wrote to TCM but haven’t heard back from them.

If TCM gets back with you about anything, it will likely be a first. So be sure to post about it if it happens.

Not sure what the cause of the problem was for the 6/9/2018 OP, as there were simply too many unverifiable variables (including a different OS).
However everything posted above since 6/20/2018, sounds similar to the same problem/s that ALL users of the WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND on-line streaming feature have been experiencing, so perhaps the following "work-around" may work for you ladies.
I underlined the on-line streaming because there is some "confusion" between WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND on-line, and persons that use their TV Providers On-Demand feature to Watch TCM movies... 

The below only applies to the former, not the latter.

First, let me say that if you are using a PC or portable device to watch a TCM movie these days, you should have noticed that since 6/20/2018 there has been a complete website redesign that is very different from the former website lay-out.
Since neither of you have made any comment about that, I hesitate to say more, as it may not actually apply to your situations...

Second, I am going to make an "assumption" that "we" are at least on the same page regarding "We" are using the WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND feature to Stream TCM movies via the internet to a PC or other portable device.
And that "we" have been able to successfully do so at least prior to the 6/20/2018 Website Revision.

NOTE: A couple of years ago, TCM changed their WATCH TCM sign-in policy, requiring customers to change their browser settings to ALLOW ALL 3rd PARTY COOKIES when watching their movies on-line.
As of the 6/20/2018 Website "revision", TCM has added that in order to sign-in to watch one of their movies, all of their on-line customers must also DISABLE TRACKING PROTECTION in their browsers...
TCM is already an unsecured ("unsafe") website to access, and requiring their customers to Always Allow 3rd Party Cookies and Site Data AND Disable Tracking Protection makes TCM customers ever more vulnerable to a host of internet horrors... 

And third, let me clarify that I am using a laptop PC, Win 7 pro OS, and the Firefox browser.

Okay, here goes....

HOW TO SIGN-IN TO WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND (More "Safely") After the Latest (6/20/2018) TCM Website "re-vision"

Normally, I always use the Private Browser with Tracking Protection on... 
When I want to watch a TCM Movie ON-DEMAND I open up their WATCH TCM Films page, while in another tab I change the Firefox Privacy settings to ACCEPT THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND SITE DATA: ALWAYS
and USE TRACKING PROTECTION TO BLOCK KNOWN TRACKERS: NEVER

I then return to the Films tab and click on the movie of my choice and sign-in with my TV PROVIDER.
That screen transitions back to the movie screen, and I click play, and the movie begins to load.
After a second or two, I then pause the movie, go back to my browser's privacy settings, reverse them, and then reload the browser privacy options page, and clear the cache of any cookies or site data.
Then go back to the films page where I left off, unpause the movie by clicking the play arrow.
Relax and enjoy the picture.
If I wish to watch another TCM movie after that, I repeat the above After I close and reopen a fresh private browser (which, per my Privacy Settings, again clears most anything that might have gotten on-board during the interim, while resetting the browser). 
This way I can watch a TCM movie ON-DEMAND, and the most data that they can likely obtain from me is that I watched one of their movies, but hopefully nothing beyond that.

I've communicated with a couple of others on these boards that are now doing the exact same thing, so I know this works beyond myself.

You may need to dump your current browsers (or at least stop using them with TCM) and make Firefox your default TCM browser.

Give it a try and re-post your results.

Hopefully this will work for you.

One more comment.
There are already several threads, and a slew of posts addressing the same (or very similar) concerns as what's posted here. 
I know that it is a cumbersome process, but when "seeking" a "solution" to a specific problem, it can sometimes be rewarding to read through other threads and posts about the "same" or "similar" problems (in conjunction with starting a thread, and hoping and waiting for others will come to you with a solution.)
This especially applies to the TCM website and to this PROBLEMS WITH TCM forum, as it is NOT supported at all by anyone from TCM, and those that post here are entirely on their own, and must rely on fellow posters when attempting to troubleshoot any TCM problem.