Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

who's gonna play anthony bourdain in a biopic?

12 posts in this topic

Puck isn't tall enough. Bourdain was 6'4." They should get David Morse.

Image result for david morse movies

Me!

Yep, every once in a while I'd have people telling me, and when they weren't telling me that I reminded them of either James Coburn or Ron Perlman, that I reminded them of Tony Bourdain.

And so yeah, ME!!!

(...okay sure, while I have no formal training as an actor, I've always thought that sort'a thing can't be all THAT hard to do, and so yeah, ME...and besides, I HAVE always possessed one terrific voice ya know, and yet ANOTHER thing people constantly comment about and compliment Yours Truly on here...I mean HELL, why do you people think you keep seeing me complain about all the lousy damn voices which totally lack resonance coming from the TCM hosts I hear intro-ing these movies when I watch this channel, HUH?!...and so YEAH, ME...playing Bourdain, that is...yep, I'm pretty sure I could somehow work this sort'a thing into my "busy schedule" now days) ;)

LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Me!

Yep, every once in a while I'd have people telling me, and when they weren't telling me that I reminded them of either James Coburn or Ron Perlman, that I reminded them of Tony Bourdain.

And so yeah, ME!!!

(...okay sure, while I have no formal training as an actor, I've always thought that sort'a thing can't be all THAT hard to do, and so yeah, ME...and besides, I HAVE always possessed one terrific voice ya know, and yet ANOTHER thing people constantly comment about and compliment Yours Truly on here...I mean HELL, why do you people think you keep seeing me complain about all the lousy damn voices which totally lack resonance coming from the TCM hosts I hear intro-ing these movies when I watch this channel, HUH?!...and so YEAH, ME...playing Bourdain, that is...yep, I'm pretty sure I could somehow work this sort'a thing into my "busy schedule" now days) ;)

LOL

Today's recipe...Devil's food cake.

4927_Hellboy1.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

They need to have a woman play him to keep up with these progressive times. #METOO

Actually, though you're trying to politicize this thread with your intolerant "righty" swill,  there WAS a comic( Craig Ferguson I think) that always used to joke about Bourdain looking like "one cranky lesbian",  so getting someone like SANDRA BERNHARD might not be out of the question.  ;)

Sepiatone

7 hours ago, Dargo said:

Me!

And so yeah, ME!!!

LOL

Get outta here, Dargo! Though you might be quite the thespian and James Coburn's double, I think we both know that only Tony Roberts of "Annie Hall" fame should play this part. Being the fair-minded person you are, I know you will now find a nice current photo of Tony with his greying locks to post in this thread, to prove my point, being that I can't do it being technologically challenged. Thanks in advance!

P.S. If Elliott Gould could go back in time a few decades I might have chosen him also for the part.

P.P.S. As stand-in for Roberts, I would pick Ted Danson.

35 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Get outta here, Dargo! Though you might be quite the thespian and James Coburn's double, I think we both know that only Tony Roberts of "Annie Hall" fame should play this part. Being the fair-minded person you are, I know you will now find a nice current photo of Tony with his greying locks to post in this thread, to prove my point, being that I can't do it being technologically challenged. Thanks in advance!

P.S. If Elliott Gould could go back in time a few decades I might have chosen him also for the part.

P.P.S. As stand-in for Roberts, I would pick Ted Danson.

Roberts is almost 80 -- too old to play Bourdain, who was 61. Danson might be a better choice.

Image result for tony roberts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Roberts is almost 80 -- too old to play Bourdain, who was 61. Danson might be a better choice.

Image result for tony roberts

A little Botox, and who knows! Actually Bourdain looked older than he was in my opinion. Okay, okay...I can't say more as I might exceed my posting word limit for the day.