Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Movie Mythinformation

52 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

How would you classify the movie JFK by Oliver Stone? It was fairly accurate describing what happened during Jim Garrison's investigation, but most people think it was a hoax. I don't know whatever happened to Clay Shaw (aka Clay Bertrand), but he was a very interesting character. Was he involved in the assassination? It's still a mystery to me.

Being a total addict to Kennedy assassination information, I enjoyed Stone's film. Basically I think he was trying to tie up ends that have been debated, with some of the conclusions that Jim Garrison had, but we all know that some of his ideas were not totally formulated on solid fact. I did not think of the film as a hoax at all since it was based on real theories about Clay Shaw, Oswald's connection to Jack Ruby, and other things like was Oswald really a low level operative for the government being used as a fall guy. I'd call the film speculative concept based with unproven conclusions. By the way, Clay Shaw is dead and always denied the veracity of any of those claims but who knows. Read the book:

"Best Evidence" by David Lifton

19 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Being a total addict to Kennedy assassination information, I enjoyed Stone's film. Basically I think he was trying to tie up ends that have been debated, with some of the conclusions that Jim Garrison had, but we all know that some of his ideas were not totally formulated on solid fact. I did not think of the film as a hoax at all since it was based on real theories about Clay Shaw, Oswald's connection to Jack Ruby, and other things like was Oswald really a low level operative for the government being used as a fall guy. I'd call the film speculative concept based with unproven conclusions. By the way, Clay Shaw is dead and always denied the veracity of any of those claims but who knows. Read the book:

"Best Evidence" by David Lifton

I guess I should have said "many" instead of "most" people. I don't think it was a hoax. The film certainly wasn't a hoax. I followed the Garrison investigation in real time primarily in Life Magazine (remember that) and the film was very accurate. Like you said, some of Garrison's conclusions were based on questionable facts from unreliable sources. I think this is why he failed and why some thought it was a "hoax". It was, however; very interesting and still is today. 

• Like 1