Sign in to follow this  
Brittany Ashley

Why Was My Topic Merged?

3 posts in this topic

I noticed my post about nostalgia and Meet Me in St Louis has been merged into the Daily Dose 7 of Take Me Out To the Ball Game. I have not gotten to that one yet and I don't understand the connection. I don't know how the two films and topics/posts relate. I'm not against it, I just don't understand lol

• Like 1

Yeah, I noticed that your topic seemed to have been strangely merged.  Threads seem to be getting merged all over the place just recently, and I know of one other case where the merger was entirely inappropriate. On the other hand, there are also many cases where multiple threads do seem to address the same issue.  Now, it would be nice if THOSE threads could be merged.  And I'm guessing that a well intended attempt to accomplish this latter thing has lead to the problem that you are documenting here.

I'm also guessing that Dr. Edwards will shed some light on this issue in the near future.  Without meaning to come off as an apple polisher, let me just say that we all owe a debt of gratitude to Dr. Edwards for all of his hard work in keeping this course running as smoothly as it does run.

• Thanks 1

Typically threads are merged if the topics seem redundant and someone has reported them to the moderator as being redundant. It makes things easier if there aren't so many repetitive threads to go through.