Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Opening Title Sequences

8 posts in this topic

I love them, particularly when they are unique. They really don't go to the trouble they used to on films, to make the opening sequences entertaining and clever. There are whimsical ones like "I Married a Witch" and cutesy ones like those for Doris Day films, and ones which lay out the entire movie scenario like "Touch of Evil". 

One that I dig from a very unfamous movie is "Ladies in Retirement" which starred Ida Lupino and I just enjoy the way the camera moves around the space, with the viewer along for the ride. You can watch it on Youtube if you like, by just entering the movie title. 

What's your favorite opening sequences in movies.

For the great ones you might be interested in http://www.artofthetitle.com , which archives the great classic opening-title scenes from movies and TV--

And by "Classics", of course, we mean:

and

I love the one from VOGUES OF 1938 where a group of models unspool a roll of fabric. And each piece they cut off has different credits on it. It's filmed in Technicolor and is very memorable.

Another good one, in black and white this time, is the opening from TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: