Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Help Us Identify These Films!

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Just a guess here, but the one on the left could be from 1921's That's All that Cheap **** Left Us in His Will?!, and the one on the right I'm PRETTY sure is from that 1919 Ben Turpin classic How to See the Country on Only Two Dollars a Day.

But don't quote me on these. I COULD be wrong here. ;)

(...I'll bet Rich will know, though...this is his forte, ya know) 

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

grind

At first I couldn't figure out why he was bumping a thread on a page that has very little activity. Then I see his comment was merged in from General Discussions since he had created a duplicate thread. So he must have been bumping the other thread.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Dargo said:

Just a guess here, but the one on the left could be from 1921's That's All that Cheap **** Left Us in His Will?!, and the one on the right I'm PRETTY sure is from that 1919 Ben Turpin classic How to See the Country on Only Two Dollars a Day.

But don't quote me on these. I COULD be wrong here. ;)

(...I'll bet Rich will know, though...this is his forte, ya know) 

Yes, I know alright. I know you're wrong on both films. Wisenheimer.

By the way, Cary O'Dell, who posts these unknowns, seems like a fun guy. We corresponded a few times while identifying some old stills.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 11:53 PM, scsu1975 said:

By the way, Cary O'Dell, who posts these unknowns, seems like a fun guy. We corresponded a few times while identifying some old stills.

I've attended the Mostly Lost workshops and also submitted unidentified stills for the event. Also, have been able to identify several that had been submitted by others. I've also met Cary O'Dell there, and helped with some of the stills he had that needed info. And yes, he's a fun guy!

• Like 1

Yeah upon return of our Cinephile President, I had asked if you were there musicalnovelty. I was surprised you didn't attend, you're such a wealth of knowledge.

Our pres ID'ed an actor seen younger than most would recognise him, which led to correctly naming the movie the fragment was from. And he recognised the music that turned out to be from the closing credits of a well known film!

He said the event would drive me nuts since electronic devices are "on" for quickly cross-researching what's being yelled out! (I'm THAT usher asking people to turn off their phones during a movie)

On 6/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, TikiSoo said:

Yeah upon return of our Cinephile President, I had asked if you were there musicalnovelty. I was surprised you didn't attend, you're such a wealth of knowledge.

Yes, sadly I was not able to attend this time. But always had in years past. And hope to make it again next year. It really is a special and unique event. And not getting to see Gerry and so many other friends there was one reason I was so unhappy I couldn't be there this time.