spence

Got anither Spencer Tracy book & it's great!

10 posts in this topic

(*-inidicates ACADEMY (AMPAS) AWARD) (NOE: Not well right now to put it mildly & promise to fill you fellow TCM-ITES & fans of what is still widely regarded as motion picture historys all-time greatest motion picture actor in *"The Great: Spencer Tracy"-(l900-l9677) at a later date. I'm more than sick "sports fans" right now & in dire  pain again, promise to get back to this for those that care???   THANK YOU

I hope it isn't one of those tabloid type of books written by hacks more interested in printing gossip and rumors rather than facts.

Just now, Bethluvsfilms said:

I hope it isn't one of those tabloid type of books written by hacks more interested in printing gossip and rumors rather than facts.

I think Spence likes those juicy tell-alls. One biographer whom I feel is a bit more gossipy than others-- is Donald Spoto. I just checked his list of works and I see he did several on Alfred Hitchcock. Someone gave me a copy of the book Spoto wrote on Tennessee Williams and yeah, it's a bit over the top in sections.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I think Spence likes those juicy tell-alls. One biographer whom I feel is a bit more gossipy than others-- is Donald Spoto. I just checked his list of works and I see he did several on Alfred Hitchcock. Someone gave me a copy of the book Spoto wrote on Tennessee Williams and yeah, it's a bit over the top in sections.

NOEASYIronically looking at it's cover right now & the full dope on it is  titled> SPENCER TRACY: A LIFE IN PICTURES By Brenda Loew, editor   It has more little stats on it's cover too, such as Rare, Candid and 0riginal Photos of the Hollywood  Legend, His Family and Career (New England Vintage Film society, inc)

Cover shot of him looks to be of him about age 33 to 35 at best  certainly a far cry from yrs later huh. & man, man, o, man I just noticed something very tiny also on it's frt  I also have some seeing troubles sometimes buddy. See greatly in the dark & up close, but not from far away, have glasses but 4-get to wear the?

In very small print it also lists something about my old friend  CYNDI TRACY-(l962-) the lady that was at the time married to *Spencer's grandson  JOE! She got me into a western fan club still goin to "Reel Cowboys.org" that got me in free & got me a membership fan club called by that name. See, Cyndi was 180 more into the legendary actor then Joe-(his grandson & the one that ruined *Spencer's chance at getting 1 of those LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD U.S. POSTAL STAMPS IN THST FAMED & GROWING SERIES. -(long story) but when *Tracy's deaf & later blind son John passed away in 07 they all split up from living in Acton, Calif. Back to this point though on this grand book & Cyndi. It has her phrasing an homage on the front as well & says by Cyndi Tracy & the Spencer Tracy family   I lost touch with them a few yrs back though, they even owned as website dedicated to the legendary actor &* other stuff  these folks I knew also took his daughter Susie T to court & won, had a lot to do w/her snubbing them during the UCLA award in his honor & more items too. she's 86 herself thesedays.   HOPE THIS LONG TIP HELPS YOU ON THIS BOOK, It'S NO COFFEE TABLKE SIZE BOIOK, BUT JUST RIGHT>& search for REEL COWBOYS. oRG Cyndi was it's super & desperately wanted *Duvall to accept it's highest honor-(SILVER-SPUR AWARD, though it never happened RJ Wagner, *Borgnine & others did though. the site itself has tons of tv & movie cowboys all over it.    THANK YOU & KEEP ME UP TO DATE!  & speaking of huge coffee table books I surprised my mum & gt her 1 on ELKVIS, but underestimsted it's size & details.  This book is as large as a large dinner table tray

• Like 1

NOWAY BUDDY DO I LIKE ANY TELL ASLL THINGS!!! I despise thst typre of garbage & on tv as well. isethattypoe of gargage. (NOTE:Almost got blocked out of here again?)  This was abut the 7th time it occurred in 24 hrs

Virtually all my movie books-(approx. 150 td) do not contain one type of those gossip type books among that library, what gave you that idea? I cross reference suff first & all the time.  You kinda' made it seem as though I enjoy things such as the enquirer or something, how come ol friend?

though agai let me know if above data helps you out & if you want to run over to Reel cowboys or not. it;'s ow more designed like an old western town then back around 2004 & even earlier.  Very nice graphics

(FINAL NOTE & QUESTION: I;ve asked sooo many times for any info on that once tremendous the citadel films of  book series, even writng them in Philly, no I;m wrong, Harvest Books in PA has out of prit Films of seriss books or did.    CAN YOU LOCATE ANY TIPS???

1 minute ago, spence said:

Virtually all my movie books-(approx. 150 td) do not contain one type of those gossip type books among that library, what gave you that idea? I cross reference suff first & all the time.  You kinda' made it seem as though I enjoy things such as the enquirer or something, how come ol friend?

No Spence. I never said you liked The Enquirer. But tell-alls are books that have a lot of details about stars' lives and you seem like someone who enjoys learning about how the stars lived. That's all I meant.

2 minutes ago, spence said:

less from  Amazon though buddy

Okay. Thanks.