Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Zero-Tolerance

341 posts in this topic

The world is watching the trump administration's zero tolerance policy of separating children from their parents as they cross the US Border as refugees from  violence and the threat of physical violence.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:24 AM, jakeem said:

A scandal-plagued company that used to work for the CIA is poised to profit off the influx of immigrant children being forcibly separated from their parents, report @woodruffbets and @attackerman:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/defense-contractors-cashing-in-on-immigrant-kids-detention?via=twitter_page

V3nQmHTC?format=jpg&name=600x314

29 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Laura Bush: I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart

Related image

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

"We are at the ICE Detention Center in Elizabeth, NJ. where ICE is denying us entry to meet with fathers separated from their families. They’re now covering the windows with paper so we can't see in. This is not America."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fathers-day-detention-trump_us_5b266bb1e4b0f9178a9df54b?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&__twitter_impression=true

_MLGjcD-?format=jpg&name=600x314

50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

"I don't think we should obey a law that goes against what God intends"

- Cardinal Timothy Dolan talks immigration in America

Image result for cardinal dolan on cnn

On 6/16/2018 at 5:08 PM, jakeem said:

Seizing and incarcerating kids from asylum seeking parents is totally over the top, unquestionably immoral, not to mention it is equally loathsome for Trump to dishonestly blame Democrats. WAKE UP silent GOP ranks, or do you approve of these evil actions?

Before being sent to a processing center for possible separation, a Honduran asylum seeker and her 2-year-old waited as U.S. Border Patrol agents reviewed their papers.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 7:23 AM, jakeem said:

More than two dozen of the country's largest religious groups are imploring the Trump administration to change its "zero tolerance" policy that leads to children being separated from parents caught illegally crossing the border. https://abcn.ws/2sYVQ0B 

Dfs6glwXUAEwW3C.jpg

On 6/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, jakeem said:

Catholic bishop from the U.S.-Mexico border region reportedly suggested “canonical penalties” — which could refer to withholding the sacrament of Communion — for Catholics involved in implementing the Trump policies

cCXgjyOk?format=jpg&name=600x314

On 6/15/2018 at 1:04 AM, jakeem said:

What’s going on at the border is horrifying, but we can’t go numb and turn away: https://slate.trib.al/SXoDFiB 

DftUDidWAAE_swT.jpg

On 6/15/2018 at 1:14 AM, jakeem said:

ICE arrests legal US resident who lived in the country for 50 years: http://hill.cm/wiV1crd 

DfthJVfW0AA0-lN.jpg

On 6/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, jakeem said:

Nicholas Kristof Retweeted CNN

When Jeff Sessions cites scripture to justify tearing children from the arms of weeping parents, he reminds me of those sanctimonious slave-owners who cited the Apostle Paul to justify slavery.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:03 PM, jakeem said:

James Martin, SJ Retweeted CNN

Disgraceful. Do not use St. Paul to justify unjust laws and acts of cruelty. St. Paul was an apostle not of laws (we are not justified by laws, he says in Romans), but an apostle of a person: Jesus Christ. The one who said, "I was a stranger and you did not welcome me" (Mt. 25).

On 6/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, jakeem said:

James Martin, SJ Retweeted CNN Politics

It is not biblical to treat migrants and refugees like animals.

It is not biblical to take children away from their parents.

It is not biblical to ignore the needs of the stranger.

It is not biblical to enforce unjust laws.

Do not use the Bible to justify sin.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:51 AM, jakeem said:

Am I surprised that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions went right to the one Scripture passage that was the go-to passage for antebellum advocates of the slave power? No.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, jakeem said:

Pro-Trump evangelical leader rips "disgraceful" policy of separating families at border: http://hill.cm/oHrwUXt 

DfpuFUFW4AANt3o.jpg

On 6/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, jakeem said:

Sanders comments on family separations at the border: “It is very biblical to enforce the law”

Image result for sarah sanders on family separations at border

On 6/14/2018 at 3:06 PM, jakeem said:

Randi Mayem Singer Retweeted CNN Politics

You mean this part, Sarah?

"When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am your God."

---Lev 19:33-34

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

This has to stop and it has to stop today. President Trump put this policy into place and he can rescind it today.

pVcZtOgW?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump's policy of holding children hostage to win Cong'l funding of his Wall is despicable. Giving in to this demand may end today's suffering, but will only lead to worse things in the future. Compromise is the key to legislation, but concession to evil leads only to more evil.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 8:25 PM, jakeem said:

Walter Shaub Retweeted Walter Shaub

Why hasn’t this terrorism mobilized a million marchers? Trump is taking child hostages to deter others & get his wall. Are we waiting for the hot Texas sun to kill a child in a tent? If his harming kids doesn’t move us, nothing will. This is the moment of truth and we are failing

22 hours ago, jakeem said:

More than 10,000 migrant children are in shelters run by the federal government. A new policy will make it even more difficult to reunite the children with their families.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/16/620451012/dhs-nearly-2-000-children-separated-from-adults-at-border-in-six-weeks?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180616

wLqtwvEj?format=jpg&name=600x314

On 6/16/2018 at 9:38 PM, ChristineHoard said:

If you want to help and can't be there physically, you can go to the SLATE.COM website and, on the right side of the screen under the Immigration heading, see "How You Can Help Fight Family Separation at the Border."

On 6/16/2018 at 2:08 AM, jakeem said:

On 6/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, jakeem said:

A youth care worker at a Southwest Key shelter in Tucson, Ariz., resigned this week because of what he called under-staffing and chronic problems.. he said conditions at the shelter have led to children running away and attempting suicide.

On 6/16/2018 at 9:13 AM, jakeem said:

Jonathan Landay Retweeted Jim Acosta

Make no mistake. This is Trump/Sessions policy.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:51 PM, jakeem said:

If Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions really believe in their policy of separating immigrant children from their mothers, then they should stop lying about it, stop blaming it on President Obama and the Democrats, and stop using the Bible to justify their own cruelty.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

This is Birkenau. Then Germany. Now Poland. NO ONE who now walks through that portal on that siding can casually believe that civilized behavior is guaranteed.

Df15tHgXcAA5Jhh.jpg

On 6/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, jakeem said:

15 hours ago, jakeem said:

John Harwood Retweeted Anthony Scaramucci

Trump started this. he hasn’t stopped it because he doesn’t want to stop it.

14 hours ago, jakeem said:

We're talking about the forced separation of parents from their young children at the border. Trump fans want to erase the immoral nature of Trump's "Zero Tolerance" policy by simply calling the migrants "illegal." Slavery & Jim Crow were legal once. Are they defending that, too?

Some migrants present themselves at the border to authorities to seek asylum from gang violence in their country. They think of us as a compassionate country who will accept them, only to find out that we will RIP THEM AWAY FROM THEIR CHILDREN. You're heartless if u support this.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:32 AM, jakeem said:

Ted Lieu Retweeted CNN

I guess Sessions forgot about the Gospels part of the Bible. Matthew 25:35 says "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me".

Nothing in the Bible says to separate kids from parents. It teaches the opposite.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:33 AM, jakeem said:

Jeff Sessions’ latest immigration ruling is a violation of international law: https://slate.trib.al/484r8fA 

DfuNrooUYAAcv23.jpg

This is why the US is leaving the United Nations Human Rights Council.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

This article does the best job I’ve read of explaining what exactly happens when the immigrant children are taken away from their kids. It’s horrifying. Read the whole thing. Parents are told their kids are going to get a bath — and then they never return. http://www.texasmonthly.com/news/whats-really-happening-asylum-seeking-families-separated/ 

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

To me, the separation of children from asylum-seeking parents is a crime against humanity- especially in the cold and aggressive way we are doing it. The #Unitednations should get involved. So should the #Hague. And, to me it is an impeachable offense against #DonaldTrump

We need  International Observers, International Advocates for children from the United Nations Human Rights Council, UNICEF, The Red Cross, Amnesty International and/or Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) On the Border and at these immigration centers to demand that all the migrants-- with special attention to the forced abandoned children-- are treated properly.

The trump administration has created an International Refugee Crisis that did not have to occur.

If they refuse to humanely treat these human beings-- these  International refugees-- then international law and international organizations should step in and see that it's handled properly, according to international law.

42 minutes ago, jakeem said:

James Martin, SJ Retweeted AP Politics

A national sin: Children in cages.

"One cage had 20 children inside"

"The overhead lighting in the warehouse stay on around the clock."

“She was so traumatized that she wasn’t talking."

"I was a stranger and you did not welcome me." (Mt 25)

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

This is heartbreaking. Some of these kids look like they are 4 or 5 years old. No books, no toys, sleeping on gym mats with space blankets.

The people responsible for this are monsters.

Df8cez5X0AEn3Si.jpg

Kendyl Hanks Retweeted Jacob Soboroff

Reminder - we are only seeing pictures of the camps holding boys ages ten and up. Haven't seen any information regarding where or how infants, toddlers, and girls are being held. These are incredibly vulnerable among already vulnerable children. Where are the children??

Trump is taking these children hostage. The ransom he seeks is the money for his wall. He forgets: America does not pay ransom to hostage takers. We free the hostages.

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

President Trump blames it on the Democrats. Stephen Miller says it was a “simple decision.” Kellyanne Conway says “nobody likes it.” Jeff Sessions calls it biblical. Kirstjen Nielsen says the policy doesn’t exist—“period.” So which is it?

2b07.png

The buck stops nowhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Trump's policy of holding children hostage to win Cong'l funding of his Wall is despicable. Giving in to this demand may end today's suffering, but will only lead to worse things in the future. Compromise is the key to legislation, but concession to evil leads only to more evil.

there you have it.  clear acknowledgement that IT IS within the democrats' power to stop the separations but their political interests are more important to them than children...

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! pleadings for compassion and false claims of helplessness.

the democrats are victimizing these children because they have nothing else to throw at trump.

• Sad 1

the democrats know all about compassion having worshiped the roe vs. wade decision since 1973.

Df15tHgXcAA5Jhh.jpg

Trump using children separated from their parents in an attempt to make political gains dealing with the wall (his campaign promise he so desperately wants to fulfill) is morally repugnant.

But Trump supporters, entrenched in their tribalism, don't want to hear about it, so they indulge in their finger pointing "let's blame the Democrats" games.

It's Trump, not the Democrats, who decided to enforce this law.

This cruel, inhuman behaviour is all on Donald Trump's shoulders. Trying to make political gains off it now is more important to him than ending it which he could do with the stroke of a pen.

I wonder if Jeff Sessions is still rummaging through the Bible to come up with more passages from it to justify a policy enforcement that I suspect would have Jesus bowing his head in tears if he was to witness what is now happening in America.

• Thanks 1

jesus IS witnessing it and everything else that has transpired on the earth in the past 2000 years including among other things the black plague and the Spanish inquisition...

because...

jesus now sits at the right hand of the father with a countenance as bright as the sun.

:)

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

jesus IS witnessing it and everything else that has transpired on the earth in the past 2000 years including among other things the black plague and the Spanish inquisition...

because...

jesus now sits at the right hand of the father with a countenance as bright as the sun.

:)

Keep it to yourself with that stuff, will you? You holy Christians who turn a blind eye to everything but are always ready to preach the Bible to others are a pure hypocritical pain.

• Thanks 2

hours ago, jakeem said:

This is heartbreaking. Some of these kids look like they are 4 or 5 years old. No books, no toys, sleeping on gym mats with space blankets.

The people responsible for this are monsters.

Df8cez5X0AEn3Si.jpg

Compared to how many were living NORMALLY before?? :blink:

83950017.jpg

poor-guatemala-indegeous-1.jpg