Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Zero-Tolerance

344 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

To be clear, immigrants, legal or not, are people who want to improve their lives. To refer to them as animals or insects is to foster hate. What’s happening in Washington and on our border is sad, wrong, and unamerican.

Madeleine Albright was the first  woman to be US Secretary of State.

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Shannon Watts Retweeted Frank Thorp V

I love that this was a woman. And no lectures on going high when they go low. Babies are being ripped from their mothers’ arms and breasts. Women won’t stand silently on the sidelines during this shameful era. We may not have political or corporate power, but we have our voices.

trump is forcing thousands of children into an artificial and unnecessary state of  becoming orphans--

Due to his cruel and racist zero toleration policy.

The Associated PressVerified account @AP

The US stopped using institutions to care for babies and toddlers decades ago,

but the government is opening several shelters for very young children taken from parents at border.

https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

"Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border to at least three “tender age” shelters in South Texas, The Associated Press has learned.

Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the Rio Grande Valley shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis.

The government also plans to open a fourth shelter to house hundreds of young migrant children in Houston, where city leaders denounced the move Tuesday...........

2 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Rachel Maddow chokes up and cries on air as she struggles to deliver news that migrant babies and toddlers have been sent to "tender age" shelters

Image result for rachel maddow cries on air

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

You can believe in any God, or no God, and conclude that ripping babies away from parents & sticking them in #TenderAge institutions is morally wrong.

I believe in Jesus Christ. The @realDonaldTrump policy of family separation goes against the Gospels & everything Christ taught

What goes around comes around.

19 hours ago, jakeem said:

Here is my first cartoon as a freelance syndicated cartoonist without a staff job. This story about the immigrant children makes me ashamed to be an American. https://www.gocomics.com/robrogers/2018/06/19  #TrumpConcentrationCamps #Trump #TrumpCamps #ImmigrantChildren #Immigration

DgDa37HX0AEaQbZ.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Ugh, I'm sorry. If nothing else, it is my job to actually be able to speak while I'm on TV. What I was trying to do -- when I suddenly couldn't say/do anything -- was read this lede:

"Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents to at least three “tender age” shelters in South Texas...

"Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the "tender age" shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis...

"Decades after the nation’s child welfare system ended the use of orphanages over concerns about the lasting trauma to children, the administration is standing up new institutions to hold Central American toddlers that the government separated from their parents...

“The thought that they are going to be putting such little kids in an institutional setting? I mean it is hard for me to even wrap my mind around it,” said Kay Bellor, vice president for programs at Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, “Toddlers are being detained.”

All from this Associated Press story that broke while I was on the air tonight, but which I was unable to read on the air: https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e 

Again, I apologize for losing it there for a moment. Not the way I intended that to go, not by a mile.

18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Samuel Sinyangwe Retweeted ABC News

The toxic stress these children are enduring because of this policy has lifelong consequences. It literally alters the architecture of the brain and can reduce life expectancy by *20 years.*

19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Experts say psychological impact of family separation on par with abuse: "No amount of colorful rooms with lots of great toys, regular meals, and health and education services takes away the psychological impact of losing your parents." https://abcn.ws/2ymGDfb 

DgBdXtsUYAEzY_1.jpg

Government mandated child abuse

49 minutes ago, jakeem said:

This is not a political issue, this is not  a "my side versus your side issue", this is a moral issue.

44 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Today, we met with 12 more detained mothers one on one in CA and TX to hear their stories and agree to assist them in their efforts to find their children. The sadness and pain they are experiencing cannot be described. We will not rest until this policy is changed. #Basta

I have witnessed a lot of drama, pain, and sadness in my legal career. And I have had many moments of doing everything in my power to hold myself together. I have never witnessed anything this upsetting. I will never forget. Toughest day of my career by far. Perhaps of my life.

15 minutes ago, jakeem said:

There is no clear plan to reunite families separated at the border, report @woodruffbets and @justinglawe. Instead, immigrants, attorneys, and advocates must navigate a complex network of agents across the country

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ice-cant-guarantee-immigrants-will-get-their-kids-back?ref=home

dCSEBER6?format=jpg&name=600x314

THE PHOTOS ARE SQUEEZED BUT YOU'LL GET THE PICTURE

HERE ARE HORRIFYING PHOTOS OF OBAMA’S ILLEGAL ALIEN FACILITIES THE MEDIA REFUSES TO SHOW YOU

9:23 PM 06/19/2018
Benny Johnson | Reporter At Large
 26846 3922

The media and political class become more and more outraged over the Trump administration’s decision to detain and prosecute immigrants illegally crossing the border.

Lost in the debate is any acknowledgement that President Obama’s administration also used detention facilities.

Current U.S. immigration laws, when enforced, have the consequence of temporarily separating families that arrive with children into separate detention facilities in order to prosecute the adults. The policy of prosecuting immigrants for crossing the border illegally has been in place for multiple administrations. The Obama administration prosecuted half a million illegal immigrants and similarly separated families in the process. So did the Bush administration. Personal accounts from immigration lawyers tell a tale of Obama being equally concerned about unaccompanied minors traveling to the border and wanting to create a deterrent.

Photos of border detention facilities from the Obama-era, taken during 2014, look nearly identical to the ones taken during the Trump era.

You never see them, however. Here they are, taken in 2014 during a media tour of an Obama-era detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas, and Nogales, Arizona.

GettyImages-500414658.jpg

John Moore/Getty Images

GettyImages-500414652.jpg

John Moore/Getty Images

RTR3UI3R-1.jpg

REUTERS/Eric Gay/Pool

RTR3UI3Q-1.jpg

REUTERS/Eric Gay/Pool

GettyImages-450883216.jpg

Ross D. Franklin-Pool/Getty Images

GettyImages-450883206.jpg

Ross D. Franklin-Pool/Getty Images

GettyImages-450882864.jpg

Eric Gay-Pool/Getty Images

GettyImages-450882860.jpg

GettyImages-450882812.jpg

Photo by Eric Gay-Pool/Getty Images

GettyImages-450882790.jpg

GettyImages-450882788.jpg

GettyImages-450882744.jpg

RTR3UI4C.jpg

REUTERS/Eric Gay/Pool

RTR3UJAE.jpg

REUTERS/Ross D. Franklin/PooL

RTR3UIYE.jpg

REUTERS/Ross D. Franklin/Pool/Files

RTR3UJ9V.jpg

=REUTERS/Ross D. Franklin/Pool

RTR3UJA0.jpg

REUTERS/Ross D. Franklin/Pool

RTR3UJA4.jpg

RTR3UJA5.jpg

RTR3UJAA.jpg

RTR3UIXO.jpg

RTR3UIPM.jpg

RTR3UIBO.jpg

RTR3UIBG.jpg

RTR3UIBF.jpg

RTR3UIAV.jpg

RTR3UI49.jpg

RTR3UI43.jpg

RTR3UI4Q.jpg

RTR3UI4P.jpg

As the Daily Caller previously reported, “Obama administration prosecuted nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants between FY 2010-FY2016. They referred 1/5 of illegals for prosecution, which often resulted in family separations.”

27 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Is @realdonaldtrump’s separation of immigrant families the same policy as @BarackObama's? Nope: http://bit.ly/2K5IpWC 

Related image

It seems like they want it both ways.  Trump is doing the same thing as Obama AND Trump says Obama did nothing to stop illegal immigration and wanted open boarders and wanted to encourage crime.   Wingnuts 101.

• Haha 1

So it's OK for Obama to do that (detain / separate kids) but not Trump?  Where was Rachel Maddow shedding crocodile tears then?

HYPOCRISY 101

Thank you JR33928 for posting those - I got the picture - WILL the bleeding heart LEFT and people who were suckered?

6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

So it's OK for Obama to do that (detain / separate kids)?  

List some quotes where someone, anyone, said that. Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

List some quotes where someone, anyone, said that. Thanks in advance.

Your computer must be faulty, didn't see JR33928's Obama era post?

Quote...

As the Daily Caller previously reported, “Obama administration prosecuted nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants between FY 2010-FY2016. They referred 1/5 of illegals for prosecution, which often resulted in family separations.”