Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Zero-Tolerance

430 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Your computer must be faulty, didn't see JR33928's Obama era post?

Quote...

As the Daily Caller previously reported, “Obama administration prosecuted nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants between FY 2010-FY2016. They referred 1/5 of illegals for prosecution, which often resulted in family separations.”

Where exactly does it say it's "okay", which is the word you used, numbnuts? That's the quote I'm looking for, one that shows the approval of people for this policy.

And even if Obama did this same separation of families, how does that justify its continued practice? Because someone did something bad in the past, it justifies it in the future? Here's an apparently mind-blowing concept for you: Obama was bad when he did it, and Trump is bad when he does it. 

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Where exactly does it say it's "okay", which is the word you used, numbnuts? That's the quote I'm looking for, one that shows the approval of people for this policy.

And even if Obama did this same separation of families, how does that justify its continued practice? Because someone did something bad in the past, it justifies it in the future? Here's an apparently mind-blowing concept for you: Obama was bad when he did it, and Trump is bad when he does it. 

Thanks, it's about time! (you said Obama done SOMETHING bad).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Thanks, it's about time! (you said Obama done SOMETHING bad).

When did I ever say I was an Obama fan? 

• Haha 1

I'm not an Obama fan. I'm not a Clinton fan. I'm not a Democrat. I'm a registered independent who makes up my own mind on a case-by-case basis. I'm not part of this moronic two-party, us-vs-them BS that's quite frankly actively destroying this nation right now, much more effectively than ISIS or the Russians could. Just because I oppose Trump and his policies, that does not mean that I automatically support Democrats, or any leftist agenda, or whatever other knee-jerk garbage that the right-wing media brainwashes its sycophants into believing about "the other side", which to them apparently means anyone who doesn't blindly agree with everything Trump and/or the Republican party does.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

The real issue here is that those that cross over with their children,  illegally (instead of waiting in the asylum line) are not returned to the country they crossed over from (Mexico) right after they are caught.   No hearing,  no 'process' just return them to Mexico.    

Therefore NO need to separate anyone.  Just return the entire family.   The above is one of the changes the Trump admin is pushing for (e.g. No more catch and release,  then waiting for a hearing,,,,, which even under Obama over 70% of the migrants were denied asylum).    

The current no-tolerance is a political ploy by the Trump admin as a negotiation tactic.   In this way no-tolerance is a MAJOR failure.   I.e. another example of the Trump admin's inability to use smart politics to gain leverage.

• Like 2

No, Donald Trump’s separation of immigrant families was not Barack Obama’s policy

Obama’s immigration policy specifically sought to avoid breaking up families. While some children were separated from their parents under Obama, this was relatively rare, and occurred at a far lower rate than under Trump, where the practice flows from a zero tolerance approach to illegal border-crossings.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

1 minute ago, TomJH said:

No, Donald Trump’s separation of immigrant families was not Barack Obama’s policy

Obama’s immigration policy specifically sought to avoid breaking up families. While some children were separated from their parents under Obama, this was relatively rare, and occurred at a far lower rate than under Trump, where the practice flows from a zero tolerance approach to illegal border-crossings.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

Thus encouraging more illegal crossing by families.

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thus encouraging more illegal crossing by families.

And by more you mean continued, and not greater in number, as there's been negative illegal immigration from Mexico over the last decade, meaning there are more illegals leaving this country than entering it, a trend that started in Obama's first term. 

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

And by more you mean continued, and not greater in number, as there's been negative illegal immigration from Mexico over the last decade, meaning there are more illegals leaving this country than entering it, a trend that started in Obama's first term. 

Yes,  continued at much too high of a rate.    To me the issues with illegal immigration are very clear.   The USA needs to grant legal status to a certain percentage of illegal immigrants already in the USA,  BUT,  we must also reduce the flow of NEW,  incoming illegal immigrants (otherwise in 10 or so years we have to deal with the amnesty question all over again).

As for the compassion of Obama to Trump admins as it relates to illegal immigration:  There are really TWO Obama admins since once Obama became a lame-duck he changed ICE practices to appease the pro-illegal-immigrant Dems he was upsetting in his first term.

Rep Mac Thornberry just said in the NBC Special Report...We need to control who and what comes across the border.

What?  OMG, Mexico has those things as well? :P:lol:

tao-tei.jpg?ssl=1

(just having a little fun, know he's referring to drugs)

Edited by hamradio

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Rep Mac Thornberry just said in the NBC Special Report...We need to control who and what comes across the border.

What?  OMG, Mexico has those things as well? :P:lol:

Since it's Mexico, I believe he was referring to:

250px-Chupacabra_Terror_DVD.jpg

We can never allow ourselves to forget:

v1.bTsxMTE3MjkwNTtqOzE3ODE0OzEyMDA7MjkxO

16 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

We can never allow ourselves to forget:

v1.bTsxMTE3MjkwNTtqOzE3ODE0OzEyMDA7MjkxO

Santa Ana's Pit Bull. :lol:

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

So it's OK for Obama to do that (detain / separate kids) but not Trump?  Where was Rachel Maddow shedding crocodile tears then?

HYPOCRISY 101

Thank you JR33928 for posting those - I got the picture - WILL the bleeding heart LEFT and people who were suckered?

Hanging your hat on old news as a justification for harming children right now on a massive scale just doesn't wash.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

We are discovering that most of our clients have had their children shipped away across many states (1,000 miles is not unusual). Some are facing deportation without their children and do not know if they will ever see them again. This is permanently destroying families. #Basta

This will be a permanent tragedy for many.

trump owns it-- Hook Line & Sinker.

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

This will be a permanent tragedy for many.

trump owns it-- Hook Line & Sinker.

And it doesn't mean spit to him.  He was concerned with appearances only and today talked about how important it was to show strength lamenting the fact that he had to back down.  What he doesn't get, and never will is that using kids as his political pawns and bullying desperate families is not a sign of strength but one of complete cowardice and misuse of power he never should have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

And it doesn't mean spit to him.  He was concerned with appearances only and today talked about how important it was to show strength lamenting the fact that he had to back down.  What he doesn't get, and never will is that using kids as his political pawns and bullying desperate families is not a sign of strength but one of complete cowardice and misuse of power he never should have.

The Dems are also using kids to push their open-border agenda.    Note that the illegal immigrant parents of those kids are also using their own children;  I.e. they know that the odds are higher they will be granted a right to stay in the USA if they come with their kids.

Note that most of these families are NOT desperate families (e.g. under Obama over 70% of the applications were rejected),   and even the ones that are are NOT the problem of the USA.   BUT I believe the USA should take in those that can prove they really are subject to persecution in their home country,  but in exchange the standard "I'm going to the USA for work' illegal immigrant must be denied access.    Again,  it is the everyday illegal immigrant that has overwhelmed the system and cutting in front of migrants that deserve to come and stay in the USA.

28 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Again,  it is the everyday illegal immigrant that has overwhelmed the system and cutting in front of migrants that deserve to come and stay in the USA.

Why don't the Trump administration and the Republicans in Congress do something meaningful to the people who are hiring these illegals?  Because they are Republicans and financial supporters of Republicans.

I thought only Congress could fix this? Seems DUMP DID solve it with a stroke of a pen!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The Dems are also using kids to push their open-border agenda.   

No such agenda exists.  That is just propaganda.  Just like saying the democrats want more crime.

And the democrats and lots of republicans are calling for the release of these kids.  Don't muddy this issue with your own take on immigration.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

No such agenda exists.  That is just propaganda.  Just like saying the democrats want more crime.

And the democrats and lots of republicans are calling for the release of these kids.  Don't muddy this issue with your own take on immigration.

The Dem party,  especially here in CA,  openly welcome any and all illegal immigrants and don't support deportation of any,  expect those with the most violent criminal records.    To me this is defacto Open-borders.  I.e. get here anyway you can, and once you're here,  don't worry,  you will NOT have to leave!

I support release of all of these illegal immigrant families;  i.e. send them back across the Mexican border as soon as they are discovered.

PS:  Canada will NOT take in illegal immigrant families.   After Trump was elected,  illegal immigrants in the USA tried to enter Canada and Canada refused to admit them.    If Canadians care so much about these migrants they can take them all in.