Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

nipkowdisc's food niche

49 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Just read this;  what do you mean by 'saved from today'?;  Like you went to some place and purchased extra hamburgers so you could eat them later?     I find re-heated hamburgers to not be very enjoyable.  (but fresh off the grill ones are a delight).

yeah, I reheated some in the microwave after storing them in the fridge overnight.

you lettem sit out until they are at room temperature and put 'em in for 25 seconds.

:D

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Just read this;  what do you mean by 'saved from today'?

On 6/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, NipkowDisc said:

I really pigged out today. the place where I live had a big outside barbecue with lotsa grub.
had a big ole fat juicy hamburger with mustard and snuck back upstairs with 3 more in my jacket pockets for tomorrow.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 8:25 PM, Princess of Tap said:

I'm on a food budget, but I always try to get the very best chicken I can because salmonella is running rampant in the chicken industry.

For over 20 years I sought out chicken that was free of hormones and antibiotics.-- and the same can be said for eggs too.

I can't afford and I don't think I would want to buy everything organically - - but I try to make choices that are the most natural in each category.

I also left out irradation - - that is done I think to all the regular grocery store meats.

Jr.--You're absolutely right that we have to endorse and patronize organic farmers & ranchers in order for them to be there when we need them.

Try Springer Chicken.  No hormones or antibiotics and almost the same cost as other chicken (a tad more).  I buy a smaller one and get at least two meals out of it or buy one and cut it in half or quarters and freeze most of it for later use.

Agree totally about the organic farmers.  Last summer and this summer I've been going to a Farmer's Market near me and buying organic fruits and veggies from local farmers.

It ain't cheap and it ain't always easy but the less processed crud we eat the better off we are.

• Thanks 1

I looked for that last thread of mine but couldn't find it so well here I am. yesterday and today gonna chow on some provolone sub sandwiches and also have been enjoying chocolate milkshakes made from Friendly's forbidden chocolate.

move the cursor over your avatar pic and hover until a small window appears. Click on the bottom right where it has a magnifying glass and says "Find Content". Then on the next screen, at the bottom left, click "Topics". That will (slowly) pull up a list of every thread you've created, making it very quick and easy to find your previous food threads.

• Thanks 1

I have a pretty good Hamilton Beach blender. you just keep the base on the stovetop and remove the container for putting in ice cream and cleaning. nothing as delicious as a chocolatey milkshake made with friendly's forbidden chocolate.

:)

this morning had yet another heavenly chocolate milk shake with enough ice cream for one more tomorrow morning.

no more provolone so made up some tunafish on white bread sandwiches lightly sprinkled with pepper.

tunafish sandwiches will cold ginger ale the perfect summertime meal.

remember, America's dynamic president trump wants us to eat good during the 2nd summer of his unforgettable advent of renewal for his beloved America.

Grand Union used to have pretty good black and white cookies.

Stay away from Entenmann's. Not very tasty.

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

My experience with Entenmann's products has been very positive. Is it just these particular cookies that are bad or have they had a changeover in management/ ownership?

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

My experience with Entenmann's products has been very positive. Is it just these particular cookies that are bad or have they had a changeover in management/ ownership?

Their black and white cookies are the rare misfire among Entenmann's products.

Most of their other stuff is most excellent. One of my favorites is their crumb cake,

which is tastier than their mini-crumb cakes. 

• Like 1

I haven't had Entenmann's products for years, but their Blackout Cake used to be good. It was very popular in the neighbourhood, maybe 40 years ago. Though most people had a slight preference for Ebinger's Blackout Cake.

Entenmann's began as a small NYC bakery, before going national/commercial in a big way.

"Dorothy Hamilton, who grew up in Brooklyn and went on to found the French Culinary Institute, remembers “inhaling” Ebinger’s blackout cake. “Better than any cake I’ve had since and I have never tasted any reproduction that was as good,” she laments. “I would give anything to have just one store left.”

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I have always liked Entenmann's chocolate donuts.

Image result for Entenmann's chocolate donuts

but tomorrow morning I'll be having a bowl of kelloggs cocoa krispies.

Image result for kellogg's cocoa krispies

made up some more tunafish but gonna have a half a meatball sub instead to help me revel in trump's scotus pick tonite.

the democrats can eat bleep.

:lol:

"thanks for your support, nip.

enjoy your half a meatball."

Related image

On 7/7/2018 at 10:28 PM, NipkowDisc said:

I have always liked Entenmann's chocolate donuts.

Yeah, their chocolate donuts are very good, as are their chocolate chip cookies

if you like a soft, doughy cookie, which I do. I don't eat chocolate cereal for

breakfast. I stick to Cheerios. I have to have at least one good meal a day.

• Haha 1

I hadda delicious half a meatball sub tonite that was better than usual and finished off somebody else's half a ham & cheese sub too and I am full.

• Like 1

ran outta white bread so slapped some tunafish on an english muffin...

now for a midday treat I shall have an ice cream cone topped with chocolate jimmies...

ALL HAIL TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!...

get-it-done hardcase for a weary effeminized world!

Image result for president trump

Went to McDonalds today and once again they didn't have milkshakes. We're

out of ice cream. Good inventory management, dip****. 

The hard case who would run like hell, in the opposite direction, at the first sound

of bullets flying. Yellow is the new orange.

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

ran outta white bread so slapped some tunafish on an english muffin...

now for a midday treat I shall have an ice cream cone topped with chocolate jimmies...

ALL HAIL TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!...

get-it-done hardcase for a weary effeminized world!

Image result for president trump

I'm surprised you'd eat anything on an English muffin.  They're not terribly fond of your boy Donny over there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristineHoard said:

I'm surprised you'd eat anything on an English muffin.  They're not terribly fond of your boy Donny over there.

Yea,   he needs to boycott French Fries,  Belgium waffles,  and Spanish rice,  and ensure he doesn't cook with any Norwegian wood.    

• Haha 1

tonite...

2 tunafish on English muffin sandwiches along with tasty seagram's ginger ale.

tunafish goes with ginger ale like pompano and champagne.

"they really go together." -johnny rocco

"that's right, pop, we're gonna steal all your towels."

Image result for edward g robinson key largo

30 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

tonite...

2 tunafish on English muffin sandwiches along with tasty seagram's ginger ale.

tunafish goes with ginger ale like pompano and champagne.

"they really go together." -johnny rocco

"that's right, pop, we're gonna steal all your towels."

Image result for edward g robinson key largo

Good old Toots started a restaurant chain in So Call called Hambuger Hamlet.   

I use to go to the one on Second street in Long Beech every few months.     Don't recall if they served tuna fish on an English muffin.