Sign in to follow this  
mickeeteeze

Left Right Left.....

340 posts in this topic

I will absolutely and unequivically defend Latinos-as family values and work ethic. I've seen it, I've been there, I have even experienced it in my own family.

Don't have to sell me. I'm a weak Christian next to them.

Then again, that doesn't mean we don't need border control........

>Then again, that doesn't mean we don't need border control........

Which brings us full circle ... was The Thing an illegal alien? I'll let you all ponder this (for all of five seconds) while I hit the hay.

Adios, amigos.

You know what? Where in the heck are Cine and Jake when I'm all about going "toe to toe"?

Good for them, they've got lives and are busy.

BUT. Here it is fellas. THIS is the thread. And sure, I'll duke it out with yous.

I'm a slightly left of center centrist.

I'll throw it on the table. I get a kick out of the 24hr news cycle. Because it makes you ALL WRONG, ALL THE TIME.

And I'll be more than happy to beat you up.

And I suppose I'm asking for trouble. But lets keep it on this thread, OK?

Message was edited by: mickeeteeze

The border problem will continue to increase because eventually the children of the poor immigrants grow up being educated here and they don't want to work at slave wages in the US, so new poor immigrants have to keep coming across the border to replace the older retired ones. American wages have gone up so much for manual labor, employers would rather pay poor immigrants $2 to $6 an hour rather than paying educated American workers $20 an hour. So there is always need for more new poor immigrants.

Judging by its title, I thought this thread would be about marching. Which reminds me of a funny joke from Love and Death:

Drill Sergeant: One, two! One, two!

Woody Allen: Three is next if you're having any trouble.

But seriously folks, I side with Mickeeteeze's corporate concerns. Ned Beatty's rant to Peter Finch in Network really sizes things up:

"Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little 21-inch screen and howl about America, and democracy. There is no America; there is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today."

Well, for Chrissakes, Fred, thats what I'm talking about.

6 years of Presidential, down to Congress Repub control of ALL.

'AND WHAT.

NOTHING.

You know as well as I that the Mexicans are "mostly" honorable people.

Where was the fight? Iraq. Secular people..

Please. This admins foreign policy has been a disaster. It ain't even about left and right.

Think I'm a treehugger? Guess again. I'd have reinstated the draft, and possibly fire bombed Kabul.

Now go ahead. Call me a "liberal Anti-American".

Make my effin day.

The Dems and Reps sold us all out.

Wake up.

Message was edited by: mickeeteeze

BTW...I'm sorry Fred C Dobbs. I hate to come off so mean spirited, and I certainly don't blame you.

This "is what it is" and it ain't good.........

*"Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little 21-inch screen and howl about America, and democracy. There is no America; there is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today."*

Truer now,CC.

>Actually, I do hate arguing, and I'm not all that good at it. Thanks for letting me "off the hook".

No, thank you. The last thing I would do is pick a fight with a Marine!

Boy what a gaggle of gooses......This country is a *Bureaucracy* NOT a *Democracy* FredC... If you are looking for your burro, I think that I saw it with a herd of range cattle near Abo pass. AND ya forgot the twenty years between 1680 and 1700 when the locals chased the "new guys" south out of the territory.... Mickeeteeze...Since my mos was 0311, would you like a saucer of milk ?????

*You mean the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. Ah, yes. I remember it well.*

Geez, Fred. I thought it was only the women on that other thread that had drunk the potion.

*"Mickeeteeze...Since my mos was 0311, would you like a saucer of milk ?????"*

Hahaha...Semper Fi, OP !

Actually, I have a cup of that special "C-Rat" coffee.

Damn. "Beans and ****".....AGAIN.

6534,... my MOS. Swinging with the wing, F-4's, early 80's.

>You mean the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. Ah, yes. I remember it well.

Me too. It appears on page 169 of the book I am writing. ;)

To scsu1975: so you won't feel left out, Would you like to see my BIA / tribal membership card ??????? Poor FredCDobbs. If you think that Bogie was "nervious" can you imagine how FredC feels now knowing that I'm loose in the neighorhood. mickeeteeze: 2/4 and 3/9 '64-'66 in "Eye Corps"....

This is in response to CineSage jr from the other thread about the movie The Thing.......

Hey C-Sage, here is the post: my comment - your response.......

Bopper, in plain English, your comment is hogwash. (Using the common word for bovine excrement would undoubtedly get me in trouble on these boards.) It's the Liberal Left that finds fault with our country and our enemies just love to hear it. The spineless Left would sell out our country, side with our enemies and hope our enemies will make peace with them.

There is a certain species of folks who can't stand dissent, and is intolerant of any exposure of flaws that might be used to correct and improve the lot of its citizens, even though that's at the very heart of our society and system of government as the Founders conceived it, for which succeeding generations of patriots fought and died. Thse people will take every opportunity to equate such speech and action with disloyalty (and worse), with coddling an "enemy," however they choose to define it (and it's almost always defined to advance their thin arguments).

What guys like bOb doesn't understand that it's the condemnation and intolerance of dissent by those who figure, "Well, I've got mine, so to hell with everybody else" (kind of like, well, Tom Stevens in THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, come to think of it) that's the real sell-out.

Ok, right from the get-go, I think we both wish to cherish and preserve "the system of government as the Founders conceived it". So in case this gets nasty, (and I doubt that it will), just know that I love the United States of America. As I'm sure you do.

I can't speak for all conservatives, but I don't mind dissent. Frankly, sometimes it worries me that dissenters might succeed if the issue is something I'm not in favor of. But for the most part dissent does make things interesting.

Coddling an enemy to me, means speaking out against the practices of our military and our government policies in regards to dealing with the enemy. (It lets them think some of us are on their side.) Such as imprisoning our captured enemies. Or the issue of torture. Waterboarding for example vs beheading of prisoners by the enemy. Or open borders. Allowing millions to sneak into this country undocumented. Who knows how many terrorists entered the U.S. this way?

In these matters every American both liberal and conservative, Democrat, Republican and Independent should come together and support the administration's efforts to keep us safe and win this war. Dissenters should make their voices heard, but not so vitriolic. Yeah, this administration made mistakes and some costly ones at that. But let's look at the big picture and unite to win this war.

This post took some time to complete because I'm at work and had to do it a little at a time. I hope it makes sense

bOb..

No, I don't need to see your card, but if you are Native American, I'd be curious what tribe/nation. I am writing on book on how American Indians did mathematics.

I'm a "native American" because I was born here. Indians are, properly, Aboriginal Americans, in that their presence on this continent predated European settlement.

Well, assuming each beer had a head, this is an example of a one-to-one correspondence. In fact, Galileo used the idea of one-to-one correspondence to prove that there are just as many natural numbers {1, 2, 3, ...} as there are squares of natural numbers {1, 4, 9, ...}. This, of course, has nothing to do with this thread ... although Galileo did get in trouble with the Church for his views ... anybody wanna pick on Galileo?

Any number can be squared, so it's self-evident that every number has a corresponding whole-number square.

Yes, you're correct. And the spaceship scene at the end is footage from Forbidden Planet. One other bit of trivia: the episode was filmed on the street used in the Andy Hardy movies.

Carvel Street. I was on it thirty years ago -- MGM's Lot 2 -- before it was torn down. The monsters then were the people responsible for tearing it down.

The border problem will continue to increase because eventually the children of the poor immigrants grow up being educated here and they don't want to work at slave wages in the US, so new poor immigrants have to keep coming across the border to replace the older retired ones. American wages have gone up so much for manual labor, employers would rather pay poor immigrants $2 to $6 an hour rather than paying educated American workers $20 an hour. So there is always need for more new poor immigrants.

Kind of like the economic realities of the tobacco industry, whose best customers keep dying off younger than they should, and who, in turn, need to be replaced by kids -- new, much younger addicts -- to keep the profits coming in.

>Any number can be squared, so it's self-evident that every number has a corresponding whole-number square.

Well, not exactly, unless "every number" means whole number to you. Not every "number" has a corresponding whole-number square - 0.5, for instance.

scsu1975: Shawnee 3rd generation... Since your interest are in that direction you should investigate Charo Canyon and the way the walls of the ruins are aligned with the lunar equinoxes. Very interesting.

OP, do you mean Chaco Canyon and the Anasazi Sun Dagger? My girlfriend has visited there ... she was bowled over. I've done some reading on it, and have the PBS show with Redford narrating. Unfortunately, my book only skims the surface of astronomy, as that topic has been done quite well by others.