Sign in to follow this  
oldmoviefan88

frank sinatra

6 posts in this topic

This is my first time on here and I thought I would say something about the Star of the Month,Frank Sinatra,he not only was one of the greatest singers of all time,but a great actor also,not just in musicals,but also as a dramatic actor.I watched the movies of his they had on last night,I think my favorite out of the ones I watched was,From Here to Eternity,he was excellent as Maggio,the sad part in it was when he died,but each scene he had in there was good,he definitely deserved the Academy Award he got as the year's Best Supporting Actor and him being the star this month gives us a chance to see just how good of a actor he was.

Hi ya FrankS......

I thought the world of Frank!! I thought he did great in From Here To Eternity....as much as i loved him as an actor...i thought he was really a entertainer.....an all around entertainer...but i loved him most in i think in ...Guys and Dolls and Pal Joey......and to listen to him sing was the best the very best! Welcome to the site!

ty for your thread FrankS! ;-)

AvaG!

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

FrankS, Welcome to the Boards. Since you are new to this site and are a fan of Frank Sinatra, go to the on the very right and enter Frank Sinatra. You may find the threads and associated replies a good read.

Frank Sinatra had a model train hobby that doesn't get the attention his movies, song, etc. gets. For extra info Google 'Frank Sinatra model railroad'. Personally I think MTH Railking is better then Lionel.

Welcome to the board, and glad to see your enthusiasm for ol' blue eyes!!! I was digging on seeing some of his really early films, like *HIGHER AND HIGHER* and *STEP LIVELY* He was so smooth in those!

I tend to think his finest acting hours were in *SUDDENLY*, *THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM*, *THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE*, and *FROM HERE TO ETERNITY*

I am digging the TV specials TCM is airing too!

A great singer and actor, not to mention great dancer! I have really enjoyed watching him this month and I hope you show a lot more of his early movies.