Monik

A tribute to Vivien Leigh

144 posts in this topic

MissGoddess,

LOL.......u are funny.....and i totally agree! To be honest with u i dont know if i totally believe that story that i have heard to about his breath.....but if its true Viv DID deserve the acadamy award because when they kissed u would think they were MADLY in love and passionate beyond compare for each other.....breath mints....heehee.....

That kiss is THE best kiss on screen i think....

AvaG :-)

M14: "I guess your mom wasn't one to fool around. It's similar to the "great vinyl meltdown of 1977" when my Mom moved my entire record collection next to the boiler in the basement as a punishment. All my original LP's were so much hot wax after that. (She claimed it was an accident)"

Oooooh, that sounds much worse. I came home and all my stuff was gone. You came home and you see black molten lava that used to be 33 1/3s. Guess we ought to go to the 'Moms' thread and kvetch there.

Getting back on topic, Vivien Leigh did an incredible job in the role of the century. And Gable's not only dreamy, he's a real man's man. When he carried Scarlett up the stairs...when he cried over his daughter's death...when he roguishly smiled at the bottom of the staircase and when he didn't "give a damn" I was his forever.

"Kiss me Scarlett. Kiss me...once." Whew! Sends shivers up me spine seventy years later. How is that possible. Oh...'cuz it was Gable and Leigh.

Miss G.....

In that pic on set.....everyone looks VERY happy to me!!! And all that came out on the screen in the final product.....ty again Miss G....Great pics as ALWAYS...

Hiya Monik!

First off thank you for doing this thread on Viv....i to am a HUGE fan of hers she is my second fav actress of ALL time!!! I adore her...My fav movie by her no dought (besides the obvious GWTW) is Waterloo Bridge NO DOUGHT!

I also want to say this pic u have of Viv is AMAZING...she as my Ava (Gardner) could NOT take a bad picture..ever. ...but this one has to be one of the most beautiful i have ever seen on her....AMAZING...i use to model myself and i there were pictures done of me that were black and white and were water colored..is that how u did this one? Its absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!!

ty again so much for your admiration on Viv and doing this tribute...wonderful to see all the fans she has..

ty again

'AvaG :-)

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

I am very happy you like the photos :)

What do you think about Vivien in her role as Cleopatra?

Cleopatra

Hiya Monik,

Actually i never saw the movie with her as Cleoptra im sorry to say but that pic is gorgoues...again i honestly know this woman can NOT take a bad picture.....lol.....

ty again for the wonderful pics!

Hi! Yes, Vivien was indeed a splendid, perfect woman. Here are two other photos of her.

I want to tell you that I've seen, once, the movie "Caesar and Cleopatra" and I didn't like it. I taped it, but I don't have it anymore. Although Vivien is a very beautiful Cleopatra, it would've been better if this movie was made in Hollywood. The Taylor version is much more better, and even the Colbert version.

Vivien

Vivien Leigh

Hi Monik! I think that video release duration probably includes some special bonus

features or maybe a documentary?

I have the vhs tape of Ceasar and Cleopatra, and what I like about it are the

scenes just between Viv and Claude Raines, especially in the beginning when he

discovers her at the paws of the Sphinx.

I agree that as movies, the 1962 Cleopatra and the C.B. DeMille versions are superior.

Cleooffersherpaw.jpg

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

I must say that one of the greatest movies of Vivien is "That Hamilton woman". She looks absolutely radiant :)

Vivien Leigh

A comment on the Gable needing breath mints thing: It IS true, as unbelievable as it may seem, that Clarky had horrid breath-- because his teeth rotted out of his mouth when he was a teen and then he let his much older gf buy him new teeth which was a bridge which is sort of like denture and we all know those can smell bad especially back in the 30s I'm imagining so THATS why his breath was bad...it wasn't really his fault. But I do know that Gable didn't like Vivien at ALL. AT ALL AT ALL. And he even refused to come to the GWTW premiere that was held in Atlanta GA. At this time of course Vivien was engaged to Olivier. Who is. Hot. But anyway. Yeah. Lol thats why he had bad breath.

Hi bijoubelle, I'm afraid you are incorrect, Gable was at the premiere in Atlanta. There is documentary film footage of his appearance.

Oh yeah...Carole Lombard got him to come to that one...I forget which one it was, or what it was, that he refused to come to, was it the awards? Can someone help me out here lol? I haven't read his bio in ages.

In what other roles do you think Vivien should have appeared? I heard that she was to appear in the famous Hitchcock film "Notorious", but finally Bergman got the part :(

This is a photo from her "Rebecca" screen test. She was too beautiful for the role...

Vivien

I've never seen a hand fit a glove (O.J. not withstanding) like Vivien Leigh playing the role of Scarlett O'Hara. Perfection!

Here is another photo that I have coloured. It is from "Waterloo Bridge", one of my favourite movies :) Vivien is splendid!

Vivien Leigh

I have an announcement to make! If there is anyone who is member of "Album Archivo Fotografico" and who has access to all the photos, please contact me at monik.ilie@yahoo.com

Thank you.

07/07/1967: 41 years since Vivien's death. I invite everybody who loves this magnificent actress to write thoughts about her.

Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier

Hi Monik! I just bought my very first photos of Viv online. A couple are from Gone with the Wind

and the rest are studio shots. When I receive them I will scan them here.

In the meantime....

Viv as the tragic Anna Karenina in a portrait by the great Cecil Beaton:

AnnaKarenina-1.jpg

Quite possibly the most powerful woman on earth at that time, the soon to be queen-as-kitten:

Vivien Leigh as Cleopatra to Claude Raines' Ceasar. Flora Robson does the honors

as (the unpronouncable, except by Viv) "Ftatateeta".

CeasarCleopatra-1.jpg