AndPeggy

How to Receive Your Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Anyone seeing any information/ instructions in this module when they click on it? The screen just keeps coming up blank for me, both on my desktop browser and on the Canvas app on my phone. Help! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndPeggy said:

Anyone seeing any information/ instructions in this module when they click on it? The screen just keeps coming up blank for me, both on my desktop browser and on the Canvas app on my phone. Help! :(

Same here with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same thing happening. When I click on a module it often takes a while for the body of it to load after the title. However, nothing loads for this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That module isn't open yet. I don't send out the instructions till this Saturday. It will continue to show as blank until we are ready to start awarding Certificates. Thanks!

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr. Rich Edwards said:

That module isn't open yet. I don't send out the instructions till this Saturday. It will continue to show as blank until we are ready to start awarding Certificates. Thanks!

Dear Dr. Edwards, I posted a message to you at the very beginning of your Mad About Musicals course about our not being able to view any of the video lectures or daily dose video clips. (I use latest version of Firefox for my desktop computer). You replied to me that you'd check with Canvas to resolve the issue or else you'd find another way for us to view the videos but I never heard back from you.

Now it's the 4th week - the course is almost over but we still haven't been able to see any videos - it just displays either a black box with a horizontal teal bar at the bottom or on the daily dose page, it just shows a blank box. Luckily I am very familiar with the various musicals from the course so I still got 100 on all my quizzes but it is very disappointing to miss all the lecture info by you and the other professors. The next time you do a film course please consider using a totally different video service. Youtube would probably be best as we have no problem viewing those videos or the ones on Vimeo. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StarstruckKidTurnedPro said:

Dear Dr. Edwards, I posted a message to you at the very beginning of your Mad About Musicals course about our not being able to view any of the video lectures or daily dose video clips. (I use latest version of Firefox for my desktop computer). You replied to me that you'd check with Canvas to resolve the issue or else you'd find another way for us to view the videos but I never heard back from you.

Now it's the 4th week - the course is almost over but we still haven't been able to see any videos - it just displays either a black box with a horizontal teal bar at the bottom or on the daily dose page, it just shows a blank box. Luckily I am very familiar with the various musicals from the course so I still got 100 on all my quizzes but it is very disappointing to miss all the lecture info by you and the other professors. The next time you do a film course please consider using a totally different video service. Youtube would probably be best as we have no problem viewing those videos or the ones on Vimeo. Thank you.

What system are you using? (Windows version 7, 8, 10 ??, Mac version?) I'm using latest Firefox on both of my Windows computers, which have Windows 7 and 10, and the videos play fine on those. It sounds like your problem is a blocked plugin that isn't allowing the videos to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rochelle, I'm using the latest Firefox browser on my Windows desktop. First thing I did was check to see that all my plugins were updated and activated per Firefox browser settings. They're good. I can watch Youtube and Vimeo videos and other video formats (.avi, .mov, mpeg/mpg4 files, flash, proshow presenter, etc) but for some reason the Arc system used by Canvas for the M.A.M course only shows a "loading" message (as if it's going to eventually display the video) but then it goes to the black box w/ teal bar or only an outline of a white box. Neither of them show any navigational icons - no "play" arrow to click.  I've been trying to solve the problem for the last month with no luck. If it was the plugins, then more than likely I wouldn't be able to see videos on any of those other websites either but I can do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went on Canvas and can find nothing about Mad about Musicals.  I finished the course but my transcript says that I have completed nothing.  I'm totally confused about how to get the certificate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone: 

The Certificates will go out next week, starting on July 16, and will take all week to send out the Certificates to everyone. Below is the information on Certificates from the Canvas.net site (it was the last module published in the course): 

1. Who will get a Certificate of Completion?

In order to earn the Certificate of Completion, you must receive a score of 70% or higher on all four weekly quizzes.

The Weekly Quizzes are the quizzes that appear in the Saturday modules and are worth 100 points each. 

Please note: We are only using the Weekly Quizzes for determining the Certificates.

We are not looking at any of the following activities or games:

  • None of the games (the VIP Game; Tap to the Top; The Nitrate Adventure; A Quiz is Born) – please do not email us about these scores, they do not matter about the Certificate. 
  • We are not looking at the “mark as done” buttons on the module – that feature was for your own personal benefit.
  •  
  • 2. What name will appear on the Certificate?

The name on your Certificate is the one in your student profile on Canvas. Due to the size of this course, we must use that name in the Canvas Network system.

Please verify that it is the name you want on your Certificate.

If you want a different name, you must change it by midnight of the day SUNDAY 7/7/18 inside the Canvas Network system (that is only one day after the end of the course, so do it quickly!)

To make changes to your FULL NAME in the Canvas system, log into your profile page at https://learn.canvas.net/login/canvas, click the EDIT SETTINGS button, update your profile name, and then click UPDATE SETTINGS.

3. How are the Certificates being sent?

The Certificates are being sent to your email name you use when you log into Canvas. Due to the size of this course, we have to use that email address.

The Certificates are being sent as PDF attachments to your email address. We do not send out a paper version.

If you want to print out the Certificate, it is designed as a 8.5 x 11 document, and at your own expense, you can print the Certificate out to your home printers on standard letter-sized paper.

4. When are the Certificates being sent?

The Certificates are being sent starting on Monday, July 16, 2018 and the process will be completed by Friday, July 20, 2018 

Please do not email us before 7/20/18. It will take us two weeks to get everything ready to send out the Certificates due to the size of this course. 

We understand everyone is eager is to get their certificates but we cannot make any exceptions due to the size of the course. We cannot send any Certificates out sooner.

5. What If I Don’t Get My Certificate?

There are three steps we ask you to perform before you email us on or after 7/20/18 that you have not received your Certificate:

  1. Verify you are in the same email account as your Canvas account (many of us have multiple email accounts, so make sure you are in the right one)
     
  2. Verify that the Certificate is not in your SPAM or JUNK folders! We have learned from the last three courses that our bulk email service is sometimes flagged as spam or junk by your email provider. If it is not in your Inbox, please check your folders marked spam or junk – it is probably in there.
     
  3. Wait at least 1 day (Saturday, 7/21/18) before you start emailing us – many things can happen when you send attachments around the world – so at least wait 24 hours before you assume they you have not received your Certificate.

If after following these three steps, you still have not received your email, then please contact your instructor through the Canvas Inbox. Please do not try to call us or track down the Certificate by any other means. An email through Canvas is sufficient. We will do our best to quickly resolve your issue.

Thank you! And congratulations (in advance) if you are one of the students who earned a Certificate! Well done!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us