scsu1975

Lookalikes?

2,614 posts in this topic

When I was younger I used to mix up Harold Huber with Sam Levene and vice-versa. Now I can't believe I ever had trouble recognizing who was who.

Di

Yes, that's Esmond at the bottom. I was watching Only Angels Have Wings (with Joslyn) and said to myself, "hey, there's Esmond with an American accent! How did he do it?"

Di, I think I can see the mixup between Huber and Levene, and it was because of the roles they played early on in their careers; often as detectives who appeared dumb, compared to geniuses like Charlie Chan.

I had that same problem early on with Douglas Dumbrille and Sir Cedric Hardwicke .. they didn't really look much alike, but in the first few films in which I saw them, they played villains.

How about Barry Fitzgerald and Arthur Shields?

Interestingly enough, both appear in John Fords great 1940 film, "The Long Voyage Home".

>Doris Dowling and Veronica Lake ??

Maybe you mean Constance Dowling (Doris' sister ... Doris had dark hair)

Costance-Dowling.jpg

That's Burt Reynolds with John Dehner or is it John Williams, in the hour long TZ episode with Jack Weston (formerly known by me as Fat Jack Weston until CineMaven correctly pointed out how redundant that is) about Julius Moomer (Jack) a boor who thinks he's a literary genius. Reynolds was supposed to spoof Brando.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48