scsu1975

Lookalikes?

2,782 posts in this topic

I believe this was mentioned before, but I have just been watching some of the Jack Webb film *30* and Whitney Blake looks like and even acts like Kim Novak. They could have played twin sisters.

Is Whitney Blake the mother of Meredith Baxter Birney? The resemblance is striking.

Yes, Whitney Blake is (was) Meredith's mom. I was just doing a little reading up on Whitney (I do remember her as the mom on TV's *Hazel* and other tv appearances like The Man From UNCLE) and Whitney was several years older than Kim Novak. In the fifties Whitney had a little make over , including going blonde. It would appear that she was trying for that Kim Novak/ Marilyn Monroe look, like a lot of other actresses of the time. I believe she was a good actress, but maybe doing the Kim/Marilyn imitation wasn't a good idea, you then just looked like so many others. Better to try to be a little different from the crowd and stand out on your own.

Whitney Blake , age 76, passed away in 2002. Kim Novak is still with us, she will be 79 in a few weeks, she was treated for cancer recently, hopefully she is doing well. It would be great to have her interviewed by Robert Osborne or she could pick a night of movies.

> It would be great to have her interviewed by Robert Osborne or she could pick a night of movies

From what we've heard from TCM staffers at various public functions, she has turned down repeated requests to sit down with Robert O or appear on the channel.

> It would be great to have her interviewed by Robert Osborne or she could pick a night of movies

From what we've heard from TCM staffers at various public functions, she has turned down repeated requests to sit down with Robert O or appear on the channel.

I tried to watch the so-called Super Bowl exactly once. Still not sure why it's called super. This fellow,

tumblr_lfun0ebmCM1qay78vo1_400.jpg

whom I saw attempting to manipulate the so-called football with his hands, looked awfully familiar.

4SVE1h61Fjnh8b6pY9pqEjbMo1_400.jpg

Garo threw 1 pass, for a touchdown, to the Redskins cornerback Mike Bass (unfortunately for Garo, Bass was on the other team). It was the only score for the Redskins (and they were my favorite team at the time). Miami 14, Washington 7 .

Yep Mr.R. If it wasn't for the fact that the Dolphins won that Super Bowl, Garo would be about as popular in the environs of southeast Florida today as Billy Buckner is in Boston. However, because they held on to win the game, he's just become a humorous footnote to the Dolphin's unbeaten and Super Bowl winning season of '72-'73.

(...or as Garo himself said immediately afterward, ""This is the first time the goat of the game is in the winner's locker room.")

The "Super Bowl" was named by Lamar Hunt, original owner of the Kansas City Chiefs, when he saw his young son playing with a "super ball", and got the idea.

Uh huh. That's interesting.

BUT, to get this thread somewhat back on track, do ya know who Lamar Hunt's lookalike is here?

220px-Lamar_Hunt.jpg

Why, Donald Rumsfeld, of course...

2131.jpg

(...AND ironically enough, I think it was Lamar Hunt who came up the term "Throwing the Bomb" TOO!!!) ;)

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}The "Super Bowl" was named by Lamar Hunt, original owner of the Kansas City Chiefs, when he saw his young son playing with a "super ball", and got the idea.

Good thing he wasn't playing with a Mr. Potato Head.

And with yet another assist from mongo and his great "CANDIDS 2" thread, I bring you Keith Andes...

220px-Keith_Andes_in_Split_Second_traile

...and Skip Homier...

8166-28821.jpg

...THOUGH, in this picture of Skip...

TR-SkipHomeier.JPG

...I'm seein' a bit of a young Lee Marvin.

And with yet another assist from mongo and his great "CANDIDS 2" thread, I bring you, Keith Andes...

220px-Keith_Andes_in_Split_Second_traile

...and Skip Homeier...

8166-28821.jpg

...THOUGH, in this picture of Skip...

TR-SkipHomeier.JPG

...I'm seein' a bit of a young Lee Marvin.

Today's birthday boy, Chester Morris...

thumbnail.aspx?q=1622621294003&id=930e05

...and...

Matthew Perry

l34703b780000_1_28874.jpg

Okay folks, tell me...doesn't little Lee Aaker here from of the '50s TV series, "The Adventures of Rin-Tin-Tin"...

610.jpg

...look like he could've done a pretty good little Jimmy Cagney impression???

TikiKid loves Frankie Darro

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWEty1iIdEu6U46v4y1Ul

because he reminds her of....

josh_hutcherson-the_kids_are_all_right-1

cutie Josh Hutcherson (currently seen in Journey To The Center of the Earth)