scsu1975

Lookalikes?

2,782 posts in this topic

Catherine looks a lot like Joanne Dru who was in that great John Wayne movie, Dargo.

Nah...Catherine hasn't nearly the overbite Joanne Dru had, CG. ;)

(...Dru's was more "Gene Tierney-esque")

Nah...Catherine hasn't nearly the overbite Joanne Dru had, CG. ;)

(...Dru's was more "Gene Tierney-esque")

Uh, okay Dargo but did you know that Joanna Cameron was related to John Cameron Swayze and John Wayne always used to wear a Timex watch, cuz it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

• Like 1

Uh, okay Dargo but did you know that Joanna Cameron was related to John Cameron Swayze and John Wayne always used to wear a Timex watch, cuz it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

LOL

Ya know, CG. It's times like THESE when I begin to think you can get as confused about things as I often do. ;)

LOL

Ya know, CG. It's times like THESE when I begin to think you can get as confused about things as I often do. ;)

I think John Wayne said that in the excised scenes from "The Searchers" when that squaw thought she was married to Jeffrey Hunter.

It always ends with Wayne, Dargo!

• Like 1

fd5dd528-f853-4acc-a3c1-c4111e27bd44_zps

Although I’ll admit this might push the bounds of plausibility, I’m a bit pleased with myself on this one. I was doing a bit of channel surfing the other evening and stopped on a commercial for one of those budget-friendly pizza vendors. A face “floated” past that instantly brought Dom DeLuise to mind: perhaps due to the Prince Valiant toupee he wore in Best Little Whorehouse In Texas (1982), perhaps due to a facial expression peculiar to the actor. I’ll leave it to you to decide . . . ?

54ef875b-1501-41a0-9e48-b718b915713f_zps

• Like 1

I've always thought Oliver Reed looks like the beat up version of Tony Curtis.

I also think that Caitlyn Jenner looks like Karen Carpenter.

Thought of this when watching those old SUPERMAN serial episodes the other night....

That the ex-"rascal" actor who played Jimmy Olsen, TOMMY BOND (and who was Butch in "The Rascals") looked a lot like a much younger LIONEL STANDER who was MAX on the TV show HART TO HART. 

Sepiatone

David Bowie                             Kurt Krueger

FSZ55Ot.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Dabb----

That photo of BOWIE you posted does look a bit STEPHAN BOYD-ish to me!  :)

And WHISTLING GYPSY----

That pic of the floating head!  It can be seen in commercials advertising LITTLE CAESAR'S  Pizza 'round here.  A Detroit and surrounding area "tradition" since 1959.  Founder and still owner MIKE ILLITCH also owns The Detroit Tigers baseball team AND the NHL's Detroit Red Wings.  Since your avatar info doesn't mention where you're from, maybe then you already know everyhing I just posted.

But, if you're NOT from the Mero Detroit area, then WHERE?  and what pizza maker did YOU see our floating head advertise?

Sepiatone

• Like 1

John Hodiak 's face has a tendency to remind me of Martin Landau's...

18.jpgtve9785-19671112-231.jpg

There's some John Travolta lurking in there, as well

JT1976-01.jpg

• Like 3

And WHISTLING GYPSY----

That pic of the floating head!  It can be seen in commercials advertising LITTLE CAESAR'S  Pizza 'round here.  A Detroit and surrounding area "tradition" since 1959.  Founder and still owner MIKE ILLITCH also owns The Detroit Tigers baseball team AND the NHL's Detroit Red Wings.  Since your avatar info doesn't mention where you're from, maybe then you already know everyhing I just posted.

But, if you're NOT from the Mero Detroit area, then WHERE?  and what pizza maker did YOU see our floating head advertise?

Sepiatone

Sepia ~ I don't live in the Detroit area, but the pizza chain you mentioned is the one that features the "floating head" spokesmen. I was uncertain if I could/should reference them by name, but since the history of the franchise was unknown to me; thanks for sharing the fascinating background information.

Although LITTLE CAESAR'S was founded and headquartered here in MI, I really have no idea how widespread their franchise outlets are.  And STILL not knowing where YOU are, I'm still somewhat in the dark!  ;)

Sepiatone

Whilst watching Alice in the Cities the other night, I kept thinking that Rüdiger Vogler reminded me of Mark Knopfler - something with the hair & the shape of the mouth. It's specific to those particular times, though - they look quite different nowadays.

Then:

tumblr_nnviqvZvdN1twc5l6o7_500.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Now:

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Limey, I can see a definite resemblance in Rüdiger Vogler and Mark Knopfler; one based not strictly on a similarity of physical appearance. I disagree with you, however, that the resemblance has lessened with age; these men share at least one trait in the “now” images: both went from bold blonde locks to timid thin wisps.

Limey, I can see a definite resemblance in Rüdiger Vogler and Mark Knopfler; one based not strictly on a similarity of physical appearance. I disagree with you, however, that the resemblance has lessened with age; these men share at least one trait in the “now” images: both went from bold blonde locks to timid thin wisps.

Actually, I agree, insomuch as the images I really wanted to post were all blocked by copyright restrictions - facing directly forward, Knopfler's cheeks have filled out, giving a somewhat rounder appearance than Vogler now has. Vogler also has a more furrowed forehead, but you're spot on about the wispy hair. I think both have aged pretty well - neither look to be in Dire Straits... ;)

ae1dadba-2cfd-4677-9954-6b1ec3b04db4_zps

I recently watched Tudor Rose (1936), with a very young Nova Pilbeam as Lady Jane Grey, and was struck by a resemblance to author Daphne Du Maurier (but I also see a resemblance between Du Maurier and actress Gladys Cooper).

fd2e7a8f-c069-47e1-813a-a9968478cb72_zps

• Like 2

British beauty Hazel Court...

hc-still.jpg

American beauty Jeanne Crain...

Studio_publicity_Jeanne_Crain.jpg

• Like 4

RAGS RAGLAND and MIKE MAZURKI remind me of one another.  They should have played brothers in a movie, except Ragland died young in 1946 at 40. 

• Like 1

RAGS RAGLAND and MIKE MAZURKI remind me of one another.  They should have played brothers in a movie, except Ragland died young in 1946 at 40. 

Heh----

Sure, to me, they looked more like they could have been brothers, but not close enough to confuse.  funny thing though------

I have a GRAND NEPHEW who looks a lot like Rags!  My wife did a "spit take" when Rags face filled the TV screen when we were watching some movie he was in 'bout a year or so ago.( I think it was the one in which a young BOBBY BLAKE played one of his sons.)

Did I mention THIS one?

At the height of their popularity, CHEAP TRICK'S  RICK NEILSEN kinda reminded me of HUNTZ HALL!

In later years I used to joke about it-----like----"Guns 'n'Roses had SLASH, and Cheap Trck had SATCH!"

Sepiatone

Dargo, after seeing the striking resemblance between Hazel Court and Jeanne Crain, I might put the blame on some espresso-laced brownies for imagining I saw a resemblance between Nova Pilbeam and Daphne Du Maurier (not quite there?).

Mr. Gorman, Mike Mazurki always reminds me of Rags Ragland when I see him, but not so much when I see Rags does Mike come to mind . . . ;)

Albert Finney and Donald Trump. I think Finney looks more like Trump than Trump.

finney_zpsaazb7ez2.jpg

trump_zpsoobxxtsz.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, yes you are right, he does look like Trump.  Oh dear. I hope this does not ruin my viewing of further Albert Finney films.....

Granted, the movie where he looks for Picasso in a film based upon a Ray Bradbury short story was a bad movie....