scsu1975

Lookalikes?

2,782 posts in this topic

I think Joe E. Brown and Brad Pitt look a lot alike.

Of course Joe's mouth is a little bit wider.

Although they don't look alike, due to their wide supporting-character saturation in the 80's, I remember Entertainment Weekly doing a little sidebar on how to stop confusing Charles Durning with Brian Dennehy--

They were judged on genres, awards won, but the clincher was the category of "Which Archies character do they most resemble?"
The key is that Dennehy resembled Moose the football player, while Durning was a ringer for Principal Weatherbee.

• Like 2

001c2f1c-1288-4af5-bc2b-2ba4843e37b0_zps

EricJ, I remember a similar comparison, in the late 1990s, for some magazine or other no longer in publication. The comparison was between Dermot Mulroney and Dylan McDermott. The rationale being similar names make it impossible to tell one from the other, ignoring the fact they share only a passing resemblance, one based mostly on hair color.

4e92da40-7099-4d3a-b841-c134ac8c5ea6_zps

Besides the resemblance between Irons and Karloff, I also noticed similarities in voice and mannerisms.

Glenda Farrell from the 1930's and today's Renee Zellweger.  In fact it would be great if they remade and updated a Torchy Blane movie with Renee playing the part.

• Like 1

Glenda Farrell from the 1930's and today's Renee Zellweger.  In fact it would be great if they remade and updated a Torchy Blane movie with Renee playing the part.

The original Renee or the new and improved one?    

• Like 1

In recent years, I've thought that Yvette Mimieux and a young Linda Evans looked somewhat similar, like they could be sisters or at least cousins.

Here is Yvette Mimieux.  Underneath this photo is a photo of Linda Evans.

600full-yvette-mimieux.jpg

BigV22.jpg

Hmmm...Yvette Mimieux and Linda Evans ya say, eh Ca?!

Well, gotta admit I've never thought of this one before, and probably for two reasons...

One. Yvette for some reason always reminded me of Tuesday Weld more than anyone else.

And two, because all of John Derek's last three wives always reminded me of each other.

SEE?!...

boknows.jpg

And Yvette would seem the "odd girl out" in this blonde triumvirate of beauties.

Yep! The dude DEFINITELY had a preference for a particular "type", wouldn't ya say?!! Statuesque blondes with those classic chiseled Nordic features. 

(...at least I would think so, anyway)

Which one is John Derek?

boknows.jpg

LOL

Well Rich, now I'm not SURE here mind you, but I THINK it's the one in the suit! Yeah, the one over on the left there.

(...although I'll admit they DO all have that long flowing blonde hair and those "chiseled Nordic features" I mentioned earlier, don't they!) 

This might not matter to some of you "hard core" movie buffs, but while watching DEAD OF NIGHT this evening, during the scene in the nightclub when the ventriloquist FRERE and his dummy join a patron at his table, I noticed TWO sorta "look-alikes".

First, there was a young lady at the table that strongly reminded me of young actress EDEN SHER, who plays the part of SUE HECK onTV's "The Middle".  Of course, if still alive, the young lady in the movie would now be old enough to be Miss SHER's Grandmother!

And I swear that was the same dummy used in that TWILIGHT ZONE episode with CLIFF ROBERTSON who had the same dummy troubles.

Sepiatone

This might not matter to some of you "hard core" movie buffs, but while watching DEAD OF NIGHT this evening, during the scene in the nightclub when the ventriloquist FRERE and his dummy join a patron at his table, I noticed TWO sorta "look-alikes".

First, there was a young lady at the table that strongly reminded me of young actress EDEN SHER, who plays the part of SUE HECK onTV's "The Middle".  Of course, if still alive, the young lady in the movie would now be old enough to be Miss SHER's Grandmother!

And I swear that was the same dummy used in that TWILIGHT ZONE episode with CLIFF ROBERTSON who had the same dummy troubles.

Sepiatone

Yep, and don't forget another Twilight Zone episode featuring perhaps that same dummy, Sepia.(and no, I didn't just call you a dummy here, dude) ;)

The one with Jackie Cooper titled "Caesar and Me"...

cooperobituary.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, I realize the following is going to challenge a lot of you here with the thought of comparing male and female faces together, BUT while watching Hitchcock's LIFEBOAT this evening, I took note of a particular close-up shot of Tallulah Bankhead towards the end of the film where she's laughing somewhat manically, and I knew she reminded me of someone, some male actor I knew of, and as she contorted her face in that laughter.

It took me a few seconds to realize that the male actor she reminded me of was Eric Portman.

And so without any further ado and submitted for your approval out there...

tallulah-bankhead.jpg?w=245

...and...

EricP3.jpg

(...only wish I could find a still of Tallulah's laughter in that scene and another one of Eric doing the same, 'cause I'm tellin' ya, she looked JUST like the guy there!)

Okay, I realize the following is going to challenge a lot of you here with the thought of comparing male and female faces together, BUT while watching Hitchcock's LIFEBOAT this evening, I took note of a particular close-up shot of Tallulah Bankhead towards the end of the film where she's laughing somewhat manically, and I knew she reminded me of someone, some male actor I knew of, and as she contorted her face in that laughter.

It took me a few seconds to realized that that male actor she reminded me of was Eric Portman.

And so without any further ado and submitted for your approval out there...

(...only wish I could find a still of Tallulah's laughter in that scene and another one of Eric doing the same, 'cause I'm tellin' ya, she looked JUST like the guy there!)

You must realize you've uncovered one of the most carefully guarded secrets from the Golden Era: they are one and the same person.

• Like 1

You must realize you've uncovered one of the most carefully guarded secrets from the Golden Era: they are one and the same person.

;)

Yep, as they say, ya never saw 'em together, right Kid?!

• Like 1

Actually ham, I DO believe that that's a FEMALE Greenland Shark there.

And so, I'M thinkin' a little more Streisand than Durante here, dude! ;)

(...sorry all you Babs fans around here...I just couldn't resist)

From the "AVA GARDNER LOOKS JUST LIKE HEDY LAMARR" thread.

Ava Gardner does look like...

df77db50707bffbe51bd95d66eb96855.jpg

...Hedy Lemarr

f503dd63706b11f233f7f5241191921c.jpg