spence

*Spielberg now remaking *"West side story"

110 posts in this topic

At this point, after so much complaining on at least 4 different threads. I sincerely hope someone burns the last remaining negative of West Side Story in front of miki.

• Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, sewhite2000 said:

Could you ever post anything about anything without attacking liberals? 

liberals have been running Hollywood since the old studio system ended back in the 70s and are responsible for the degradation of recent decades including but not limited to the death of cartoon animation as an artform.

liberals have undone it all and if not certainly most of Hollywood's 20th century legacy..

tcm shows colorized prints of king long and the thing from another world and then stop.

they politically won't show anything beyond seven days in may, advise and consent, the best man and all the president's men and spend 24/7 pretending as if today's garbage is on a par with the great Hollywood films they worship so much.

lets have some diversity around here with at least one showing of Will: G. Gordon Liddy featuring a standout performance by Robert Conrad.

how does tcm plan to win back the droves who are leaving and have no interest in wine and pleasure cruises?

:huh:

"you know looking around at your people I get the sense that you're not going to last very long." -yul brynner

"there is a certain fatalism." -max von sydow

-the ultimate warrior

• Like 1

So, although you didn't actually answer my question can you ever actually make a post without attacking liberals when we all know you're supposed to reserve this political crap for the off-topic threads, you show by your last post that the answer is no.

5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

liberals have been running Hollywood since the old studio system ended back in the 70s and are responsible for the degradation of recent decades including but not limited to the death of cartoon animation as an artform.

liberals have undone it all and if not certainly most of Hollywood's 20th century legacy..

tcm shows colorized prints of king long and the thing from another world and then stop.

they politically won't show anything beyond seven days in may, advise and consent, the best man and all the president's men and spend 24/7 pretending as if today's garbage is on a par with the great Hollywood films they worship so much.

lets have some diversity around here with at least one showing of Will: G. Gordon Liddy featuring a standout performance by Robert Conrad.

how does tcm plan to win back the droves who are leaving and have no interest in wine and pleasure cruises?

"you know looking around at your people I get the sense that you're not going to last very long." -yul brynner

"there is a certain fatality." -max von sydow

-the ultimate warrior

Hollywood isn't only liberal. In fact, there are actually a lot of evangelicals in Hollywood too.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/justin-bieber-hailey-baldwin-hillsong-evangelicals-hollywood.html

Clint Eastwood is a republican. So is Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kurt Russell, James Woods, Tim Allen.

So Hollywood is definitely not 100 percent liberal at all.

There are some things I agree and don't agree with both the Democratic and the Republican parties. I will say I have grown a bit disillusioned with both parties over the years, though it hasn't stopped me from voting.

Back to the original topic, if WEST SIDE STORY is being remade, I'll give it a chance and hope to be pleasantly surprised, though I still say we need less remakes and more original material onscreen these days.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

At this point, after so much complaining on at least 4 different threads. I sincerely hope someone burns the last remaining negative of West Side Story in front of miki.

" There's a place for us

Somewhere a place for us

Peace and quiet and open-air

Wait for us somewhere. ..."

always the eternal optimist I will say this...

it could be worse...

a remake of Gypsy.

:o

Image result for rosalind russell gypsy

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, LawrenceA said:

I've got every right to state how I feel about a re-make of the 1961 film West Side Story, LawrenceA.  I'll continue to do so.  Having said that,  in the event that West Side Story  does get re-made and it flops in the box offices throughout the country, I'll be laughing my butt off right in front of you, LawrenceA.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, NipkowDisc said:

"there is a certain fatalism." -max von sydow

-the ultimate warrior

*Oscar victor *Yul Brynner is always included among HOLLYWOODS ALL-TIME MOST DIFFICULT PERFORMERS!!!  Along w/T. Bankhead, *Brando, *B. Davis, Donlevy, Joe Besser, C. Bennett, W.C. Fields & Mae West-(though he was a genius!) Shelley Long, Debra winger & others including & I hate to include them, because they are many top #2 IDOLS but *THE GREAT: TRACY & *SINATRA were well-known as being trouble.