BlueMoods

Capital Fourth on PBS

7 posts in this topic

A couple of names we've heard of the last four weeks are among the scheduled entertainers at the 4th of July celebration in Washington. Chita Rivera and John Williams.

I'll be out doing other things but have it set to record on my DVR so I can watch when I get home.

• Like 1

I never miss it, or the Memorial Day concert. But since they started doing free concerts at the local bandshell I've watched it on DVR the last three or four years when I got home from that.

I had always, always wanted to go when I lived there for several years. Still so bummed I never did. I have been trying to move back now for about 2 years, but have been unsuccessful. One day. It's such a beautiful and historical area.

In Boston, (home of the beginnings of the revolution,) we are hosting Rita Moreno for the Fourth! "She Likes to Be in America!!" And our event always ends with the Boston Pops doing the 1812 Overture on the Harbor at the Hatchshell with fireworks over the water. Its gorgeous and compelling and even in our current conflicted political atmosphere makes you feel so proud to be American. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ShanStinson said:

I had always, always wanted to go when I lived there for several years. Still so bummed I never did. I have been trying to move back now for about 2 years, but have been unsuccessful. One day. It's such a beautiful and historical area.

My sister and her family lived in Burke, Virginia, when my brother-in-law was at the Pentagon. As far as I know they never made it to the Memorial Day or 4th of July concerts. I would have killed to see either one of them live. 

7 hours ago, LynnBlake said:

In Boston, (home of the beginnings of the revolution,) we are hosting Rita Moreno for the Fourth! "She Likes to Be in America!!" And our event always ends with the Boston Pops doing the 1812 Overture on the Harbor at the Hatchshell with fireworks over the water. Its gorgeous and compelling and even in our current conflicted political atmosphere makes you feel so proud to be American. 

I see that at local events. A few MAGA hats and a few Hillary shirts but mostly flags or anything red, white, and blue. I wish it could be like that 365 days a year.