Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

Monday is Joan Blondell Day!

30 posts in this topic

Not joking. Dick did have some, shall we say, problems that required possibly a very loving spouse. Though I can't watch June in movies, due to diabetes being in my family, I have a feeling that she would never make any sarcastic cracks toward Dick's ailment, hence, whereas that wisecracking Joan just might...haha!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Dick Powell supposedly had some gastrointestinal problems that were trying, and maybe June was more sympathetic?

What gastro problems did Dick Powell have that required a loving and devoted wife?  That could be a lot of things.  Can you elaborate?

Oh, gee...really? It's uh, kind of embarrassing. I might special message you. 

Dick might not appreciate me talking about it, and will reach down from the Warner Brothers afterlife area, and swat me or at least start singing some songs from his Busby Berkeley days, Christine.

I'm gonna message you, and you can decide if you would like to divulge the information about Dick to his adoring ****...I mean, public.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaveGirl said:

Not joking. Dick did have some, shall we say, problems that required possibly a very loving spouse. Though I can't watch June in movies, due to diabetes being in my family, I have a feeling that she would never make any sarcastic cracks toward Dick's ailment, hence, whereas that wisecracking Joan just might...haha!

Joan is thinking;  will he notice I just made him a 4,000 calorie meal full of processed sugar.

image.jpeg.8e2ff8a6815e2a5cc690e9141da1a9b2.jpeg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Joan is thinking;  will he notice I just made him a 4,000 calorie meal full of processed sugar.

image.jpeg.8e2ff8a6815e2a5cc690e9141da1a9b2.jpeg

You are hitting the nail on the head just a bit too close, James.

Only I and Christine, who I have now messaged, are privy to Dick's personal anguish that may have been a factor in his choosing not to tap dance in films.

Don't try bribing Christine to spill the beans...