Sign in to follow this  
universalkaiju

Who Will be the Monster of the Month in October 2018.

24 posts in this topic

I keep waiting for the October full of post-1950 Joan Crawford movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I would like to see a tribute to Mexican horror.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/5/2018 at 9:47 PM, Swithin said:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm unfamiliar with Mexican horror. Can you name some titles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calvinnme said:

I'm unfamiliar with Mexican horror. Can you name some titles?

Aztec Mummy films

Black Pit of Dr. M

The Brainiac

Curse of the Crying Woman

Curse of Nostradamus

The Vampire

etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/5/2018 at 9:47 PM, Swithin said:

hqdefault.jpg

Right on, Brother!

They could at least start off with "The Brainiac" and "The Curse of the Crying Woman" and move on to more obscure but still great entries.

Who do you think will be the monster of the month of 2018? I hope it will be Godzilla.

It most certainly won't be any Universal monster...doesn't Svengoolie have exclusive rights to broadcast them?
I remember awhile ago they showed a bunch of Hammer horror films for October. Personally, I love "foreign" horror-especially Bollywood and Japanese horror.

11 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Who do you think will be the monster of the month of 2018? I hope it will be Godzilla.

It most certainly won't be any Universal monster...doesn't Svengoolie have exclusive rights to broadcast them?
I remember awhile ago they showed a bunch of Hammer horror films for October. Personally, I love "foreign" horror-especially Bollywood and Japanese horror.

It just seems like no other monster would have enough movies too, the wolf man, mummy, creature, king kong and the invisible man wouldn't have enough films for the whole month.  

They should show films featuring some of the classic movie monsters of the 1950s and 1960s, including the Tabonga of "From Hell It Came" (1957).

Image result for the tabonga images

Wouldn't mind seeing the Triffids again, either. And Janette Scott!

Related image

• Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 5:21 AM, TikiSoo said:

Your post got me wondering, so I checked on moviecollectoroh's database. I don't always remember recent TCM history so great myself! DraculaDracula's DaughterThe MummyFrankenstein,The Bride of Frankenstein and The Wolf Man ALL just aired in October of last year! (and two of those movies aired again in December). Frankenstein vs. The Wolf Man has only ever aired on TCM once; that was in October, 2016. So don't despair! It's certainly possible some of them will be back this October.

23 hours ago, jakeem said:

They should show films featuring some of the classic movie monsters of the 1950s and 1960s, including the Tabonga of "From Hell It Came" (1957).

Image result for the tabonga images

The Tabanga graced TCM just a few weeks ago; but he is always welcome.  Actually, a tribute to the year 1957 would be interesting. 1957 was one of the great years for horror films. She Devil, The Aztec Mummy, The Man Who Turned to Stone, Voodoo Woman, The Undead, Night of the Demon, Quatermass II, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein, Teenage Monster, and that Edgar Ulmer rarity, Daughter of Dr. Jekyll. Here's a pretty good list displaying the greatness of 1957: 

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-1957-horror-movies/reference

undead2.jpg

• Like 2

Almost anything with Beverly Garland. 

images.jpeg.fb7fe5105125ac85eaa5211826d5499a.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

I think that they should have a special night for Onslow Stevens. 

can anyone tell that's the same man? 

I recently re-watched The Secret of the Blue Room and couldn't believe that Onslow Stevens was the same guy who played Dr. Edlemann in House of Dracula. But the Onslow Stevens performance that gave me nightmares as a kid was this one (that's his paw on the left):

tc48-claw2b.jpg?w=640

Ooh, let's not forget Louise Linton from "Cabin Fever"cabin-fever-patient-zero-2013-movie-image-650x432.jpg.4aff2974445adb5f8ee60bc2d9d14af0.jpg

Of course, I think she looks way more frightening in this image. Can't identify the scary dude with her though.:rolleyes:

4661F37400000578-0-image-m-4_1510773720998.jpg.b6ce202a66fa523dc89b887df0312b79.jpg

How about Chucky? He's got about 8 movies under his belt about now, doesn't he?

Same with Pinhead, the Hellraiser alpha-mutt. I'm sure he has 8.

Jason Vorhees has 11, I think - including one with Freddy Krueger, who has 8 or 9 himself.

• Friday the 13th (Jason Voorhees) = 12 movies
  • Halloween (Michael Myers) = 11 movies (that includes one without Michael)
  • Hellraiser (Pinhead) = 10 movies
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy Krueger) = 9 movies
  • Leprechaun (Leprechaun) = 8 movies
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Leatherface) = 8 movies
  • Child's Play (Chucky) = 7 movies

On 7/17/2018 at 4:46 AM, universalkaiju said:

The monster of the month of 2018 is the Mummy but the original Mummy isn't playing. 

Yes, it's odd they aren't showing the original.

8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, it's odd they aren't showing the original.

Appears to be another case of who has the current rights to what. Both The Mummy (1932) and The Mummy's Tomb (1942) (along with Dracula (1931)) are presently available via Starz Encore On Demand. Which is probably why TCM is only airing Universal's other three Mummy movies tonight.

1 minute ago, LiamCasey said:

Appears to be another case of who has the current rights to what. Both The Mummy (1932) and The Mummy's Tomb (1942) (along with Dracula (1931)) are presently available via Starz Encore On Demand. Which is probably why TCM is only airing Universal's other three Mummy movies tonight.

Yes, I think you're right...it's because Starz currently has the rights to those films. I suppose TCM didn't want to wait to feature the Mummy next year when it might have been able to broadcast those films.

I must admit, though, that the fact that TCM is airing The Mummy's Hand (1940) rather than The Mummy's Tomb (1942) offends my sense of order. Although the former is, in my opinion, the best of the four Kharis movies, the latter provides a sufficient recap of the former's events which makes the former the ideal one to omit when one is only airing three of the four. Instead a novice viewer (assuming there is one!) is going to get an unnatural jump from The Mummy's Hand to The Mummy's Ghost (1944).