SteveQL

Illicit (1931) still not in ON DEMAND

8 posts in this topic

Illicit (1931) aired Monday June 2 1:45 PM PST.  But, still not in ON DEMAND.  How can this be resolved?  It is in watch TCM but I won't stream.

Just now, SteveQL said:

Illicit (1931) aired Monday June 2 1:45 PM PST.  But, still not in ON DEMAND.  How can this be resolved?  It is in watch TCM but I won't stream.

Should I report to  my cable provider? 

Why was this posting moved?

Topic was moved to forum PROBLEMS with TCM.com

I'm not referring to streaming

I was looking forward to watching Follow The Fleet with Fred Astaire On Demand but I just realized it played on July 3rd and isn't listed as available. The same thing happened with another Fred Astaire film, Carefree, and Yankee Doodle Dandy has run a few times on the television and also didn't make it to Demand. Why aren't these films made available?

You can try CONTACT US at top of page.  But, they won't reply.  Also, you can try Administrator but again expect no reply.

Re FOLLOW THE FLEET.  I just used SEARCH and result for FTF is not FREE but two day rental i HD or SD for $3.99

to $12.99.  I didn't waste time entering CAREFREE.

Hence, I doubt either will be in TCM FREE MOVIES ON DEMAND.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, andyg0404 said:

I was looking forward to watching Follow The Fleet with Fred Astaire On Demand but I just realized it played on July 3rd and isn't listed as available. The same thing happened with another Fred Astaire film, Carefree, and Yankee Doodle Dandy has run a few times on the television and also didn't make it to Demand. Why aren't these films made available?

Not sure what the actual reason could be for every case, Andy.
NOT every movie that TCM broadcasts is also made available for repeat ON-DEMAND viewing.
In some situations the movie may be restrictively licensed and leased for limited "on air" viewings only, and not for repeat ON-DEMAND viewers.

http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/settings

FAQ
Q: What movies are available?

A: Most of the films that air on TCM are available on Watch TCM. However, due to licensing issues, some titles may not be available. Shorts that air on the network are also available on Watch TCM as well as hosted introductions to movies.

Q: How long are movies available?

A: Movies are available generally for 7 days in Watch TCM after they air on Turner Classic Movies. In most cases, movies will appear in Watch TCM within 3 hours after they air on the network.

However I feel certain that is not the legitimate reason in every case.
As I have often caught the tail-end of a TCM broadcast and the blue screen logo appears stating ALSO AVAILABLE ON WATCH TCM however the movie never appears on the WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND playlist.
Also (esp. in none prime time broadcasts), movies will sometimes show up ON-DEMAND, even without the TCM logo telling us that they "might."

Regarding the perennial "favorite" YANKEE DOODLE DANDY, TCM has broadcast this bygone "flag-waving" classic practically every year... But the last time that it was actually made available for WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND viewers was the tail-end of 2015.
When it aired last month (June 2018) I caught the end of the "live" broadcast and it actually said, ALSO AVAILABLE ON WATCH TCM... However again, the movie never appeared on the WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND playlist.
When it repeat aired this 4th of July, there was no such TCM logo at the end of the movie, and it went directly to Ben's little outro speal...

So sometimes (too often actually) there is no apparent "rhyme or reason" for what does and does NOT happen regarding TCM...

Regarding the end-of-movie broadcast TCM "reminder" logo...
Past experience has shown me that it should more accurately say: "MIGHT" ALSO "BE" AVAILABLE ON WATCH TCM. :rolleyes: