Sign in to follow this  
whistlingypsy

Silent Film Gallery

2,276 posts in this topic

Those are just stunning! The slides are especially nice... a glimpse into another time....

I really like the Lorna Doone poster. I really enjoyed the movie too. I slept through The Racket" unfortunately. Why did they have to put that blasted Elvis movie on right bfore? It was on forever! I fell asleep after 12:30....still waiting for Silent Sunday...

Oooh. That last one makes me want to see Loves of Carmen.....I just looked it up and although it looks great, it seems I will never get the chance.....

Karin,

I wonder if TIN GODS, and LOVES OF CARMEN survive? Not many of Delores Del Rio's Silent's are still around, and I have most of the ones that still exist.

Meantime, anything with Renee Adoree that I do not have yet, I am very interested in finding. As TIN GODS was a Paramount Silent, who knows? Many of their films are lost, but many more are still around. We just never get to see them. I'll see what I can find out?

Thanks much for posting these!

firstkiss10.jpg

firstkiss11.jpg

Here is a movie still I have from the same scene in the second lobby card. I thought y?all might like to be able to compare the lobby card to the actual photo.

firstkiss14.jpg

Sorry, but the photo beats the lobby card for obvious reasons! If I had Gary looking at me that way, I would probably fall overboard...

I would really like a chance to see Dolores del Rio and Roland Drew in two of the films in which they appeared together: the poster is from Romona (1928) and the photo is from Evangeline (1929).

Ramona2B2B19282B2B1S.jpg?width=402&height=600

a3416a.png?width=737&height=578

TD646.jpg?width=463&height=600

JackF/Wendy: I agree with you that the still photo beats the lobby cards and for the same reasons. I thought the same might be true for another early Cooper film, One Sunday Afternoon (1933), where the photos tell a better story. I also included a lobby card from Loves Of Carmen (1927), although there is some color bleed, I think this is a nice photo of Victor McLaglen and Dolores del Rio.

Karin,

Well, I have WHAT PRICE GLORY? (with Fox Movie-tone track), THE TRAIL OF '98 (with Vintage Western Electric Score), THE RED DANCE, and EVENGELINE (portions are the original WE track), Alas RAMONA is a Lost film, and highly sought after.