Sign in to follow this  
MissMusical

Musical Poster Gallery

50 posts in this topic

I went all the way back to page 8(because Heaven knows, I ain't checking all 21 pages), and I didn't see a musical posters gallery. I think musicals have the most fun posters, so I thought I'd start a gallery. If you have one you'd like to post, by all means, stick it up here! This was inspired by Whistlingqypsy, who started the "Silent Film Gallery" that I enjoy so very much!

Miss M- what a fun idea. I only own one actual movie poster--not a musical--but I just love the artwork that goes into those things. Are these from your own personal collection?

Thanks for taking an interest :) Actually no, these particular ones aren't. But I was just recently given posters for Breakfast At Tiffany's, A Star Is Born, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, and a LIFE SIZE picture of Bogie and Bacall in To Have and Have Not. I was so excited I about fainted. I hauled off to Hobby Lobby to get them matted and framed. So, I was a little inspired to get a poster gallery going.

Wow--nice collection. aMaybe I can persuade you to post the Wizard of Oz????

All I have is just one of Raiders of the Lost Ark--it is not from the original release--it was when it was re-released in '84 (I think) Just before Temple of Doom came out. The only thing different about it from the original Raiders poster is that it has a caption at the top of it for the re-release. I used to have a major crush on Indy (not so much Harrison Ford) when I was in my early 20's. I think I bought it mid 80's at a collector's exhibit they had at a mall where I worked a long long time ago. It has never been professionally framed--in fact the frame it is in now is homemade. (My husband is pretty handy about stuff like that.) It used to hang in my apartment when I was single--now has been relegated to the back spare room. But still love the way it looks. (When the new movie came out this summer and I started seeing images of Ford almost 30 years older than the face on my picture..well let's just say my illusions of the ageless Dr. Jones were finally faded. :-) Time has a way of catching up to all of us. :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka

Of course I'll post some *Oz* Here ya go:

image_4_212.jpg

Another one. I had no idea there were so many different posters for *Oz*

There were a bunch more than just these.

the-wizard-of-oz-2-1024.jpg

This one's kinda funny looking. Judy looks a bit deformed.

poster1.jpg

I've never been an Indy fan myself. Actually, I've never seen any of Indiana Jones films, but I don't really feel the need to. For some reason, everything about the 80's depresses me. I don't know why. It's a strange feeling, so I try to stray from 80's stuff. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that decade, I'm just messed up in my head. Haha.

Haha, I've been told I am a quick responder.

Aww, I love when young'ns enjoy the classics. When I was between the ages of 5-9, every time I went to my grandparents house(my Grandpa being a huge classic film lover) I'd head for his collection. I'd watch *The King and I* , *South Pacific* , *Oklahoma!* , *Our Gang* , *Carousel* , and my favorite... all the *Shirley Temple* flicks. I thought she was just the coolest little girl I ever saw. I wanted to meet her and be her friend, and play dolls, and try animal crackers in my soup, and go on the good ship lollipop! Anyway, that's how I got started with old movies.

SPRAY PAINT?! Oh gosh, that's too funny! I love it! I'm sure the outfit was adorable. One of these days you're going to have to break the news to her though. I doubt she'll pull a "Mommie Dearest" on ya :)

You are just that much younger than me...when I was a kid and went to visit Grandpa--vcr's weren't even thought of yet...(at least not that I know of) We did however get to watch a lot of old movies on the Sunday afternoon matinee and Friday night late shows. The only "classic" collection my Grandpa had were his practical jokes and gags--he was always pulling pranks on the grandkids. I think he was a sucker for those old mail order catalogs--you know---the frog in the bottom of your coffee cup, little puzzles you can't put back together unless you are a genius, chewing gum that tasted like garlic....we were always suckers and fell for every last one. Oh--those days are gone forever.... :-)

(I should let you have your thread back for the purpose it was intended).....Got any good Meet Me in St. Louis Posters? That's always been one of my all time favorite "Judy's" (PS-my daughter enjoyed the Wizard of Oz stuff! Will probably end up watching that one again tonight!)

Okay, I'll get back to the posters. But I did enjoy the chit-chat :)

Let me see, I think I did look for some Meet Me In St Louis posters, but none were big enough. Let me check again...

Whoo hoo!--Meet Me in St. Louis for sure! Your user name ought to be Quick Draw McGraw!!(Aren't your from Texas??) Another fast-click moment! :-) You are doing such a good job with these requests, I should ask you if you have an extra million dollars you can post for me--only-in my bank account instead of here of course! :-) And PS--I love to chat too, but get too busy talking about off topic stuff sometimes. (I think I must be the original "chatty Kathy" --that doll spells her name wrong) :-)

Yes'um! Texas born and Texas bred! Thanks very much, I try to post as soon as you request 'em. Well now, I don't know about the million bucks thing. I'm dirt poor so to speak :) So we'll stick to posters, because Heaven knows I ain't got money to spare. Haha.

Here's an *Easter Parade* poster. I love, love, love this movie! Although I adore Gene Kelly, I'm glad Fred got the role opposite Judy. My favorite scene is when she comes to rehearse with him, and she doesn't know her left leg from her right leg. Judy was so talented, she could sing, and dance, and she was comical when she needed to be. She was no doubt taken from this earth far to early :(

143778~Easter-Parade-Posters.jpg

I've never gotten to see this film all the way through--but I have seen the ending---twice! ( I love how you typed your post in lovely "easter egg" yellow! :-) Someday maybe I will get to watch it all the way from start to ending.

I am so disappointed because I found out that I missed Meet Me in St.Louis last night--I have been wanting to tape that thing forever-but then I looked on the TCM schedule--it is playing again later this month--(on the 28th) I have already written it on my calendar....now I just need to make sure I have a tape! :-)

PS--I used to live in Texas when I was a little kid--don't remember much about it--my dad was stationed at FT Worth and one of my brothers was actually born there. So while some folks likely remember stuff like the sights and scenery of Texas...all I remember is my little screaming baby brother. ( I think I was 3 when he was born...not much tolerance for stuff like that way back then) But my mom tells stories about the prairie dogs...and some big tarantula that crawled in the neighbor's house....she and the neighbor lady cornered it with a broom and a bottle of clorox...would love to be able to remember that one.)

Oh you need to see it all the way through! Such a sweet movie. And I know how you feel about seeing the ending twice. There was one film(I forget what it was) that TCM aired almost every month, and I came in at the exact same scene 3 months in a row!!! Smack dab in the middle of the film. I was so tired of missing the beginning and the end, I finally got it from the library and watched it all the way through. Wish I could remember what film it was though...

Oh thanks! I try to match the font with the poster. I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

Fort Worth ay? I've never been there. I've been to the big cities such as Dallas, Austin, and Houston(live 45 minutes away), and I've been to the po-dunk little towns such as Orange. Oh gosh! Orange was the absolute worst town I have ever been to. On a family vacation once, my family and I were heading to South Carolina to visit some friends, and we blew a tire(with a family of 8... we didn't buy plane tickets.) just as we crossed the Louisiana border. We sat on the side of the road for 30 minutes and finally a police and a tow truck showed up. My younger brother, my father, and I hopped in the tow truck, and my mother, younger sister, and 3 younger brothers piled into the police car. There was only one place we could get a tire, and it was in the teeny, nasty, depressing little town, Orange. We got to the auto repair shop, only to discover that they did _not_ have a tire to fit our big ol' honkin' van. They told us they had to drive some 2 hours to get us a tire. We ended up spending 6 hours there waiting. We wasted time touring an old submarine, visiting the local library, and sitting in the office at the repair shop eating donuts, and watching the news. Not a fun experience.

Oops--mis-spoke yesterday---Fort Hood not Fort Worth. (duh) I was only 3--I've got very limited space in my ancient brain cells--sometimes stuff gets messed up. :-)

I think I'm doing a pretty good job

Gotta agree--if you can even post anything on here with pictures in it, you are doing better than me-I don't have the slightest clue about such stuff--or where to even go to get the pictures. But I am enjoying all the folks who do.

Orange was the absolute worst town --hey couldn't be all bad, now. At least you got to eat donuts!! :-) I always try to find the brightside if there is food involved.

How about my other fave musical star....Got any Doris Day???

Oh, Fort Hood? Well, that's even better... never even heard of that. Haha.

Hmmm, I guess you're right about it not being all bad. It would have helped if the donuts weren't cold. But at least it was food! Thanks for showing me a bright spot :)

Now... I'm off to find some Doris... the wonderful Doris of Day!

Yes I think I have--but a VERY long time ago. I used to love catching her movies on the old Sunday afternoon matinees on tv or the late-late show. I haven't seen Calamity Jane in about a zillion years either but still recall how she belted out "Secret Love" I think I like her best in her some of her early ones--On Moonlight Bay and By the Light of the Silvery Moon.....oh and I LOVE Move Over Darling--though that one is not really a musical.

*By the Light of the Silvery Moon* Another Doris film in which Gordon McRae co-stars, and the word "moon" shows up in the title.

blsm-lobby-card.jpg

I LOVE The Pajama Game! The stage show even more than the movie. And Doris was the perfect Babe. I wish Doris had played Nellie in South Pacific...Mitzi was good but Doris would have been amazing in my opinion!

jon