Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Highly Unlikely Pairings!

68 posts in this topic

Maximilian Schell and Samantha Eggar as lovers in J. Lee Thompson's 1965 film, "Return From The Ashes" - 

MV5BNDNjNmVhZWItODFlZC00YTNlLWI0ZDUtYTA0

• Like 2

Gene Hackman and Dan Aykroyd in LOOSE CANNONS....boy, was that movie ever a stinker though, quite tasteless.

I actually can go for tasteless comedy but that movie took it to the extremes.

• Like 1

Agreed. UGH, I can't stand Billy Crystal in anything. Something about him always rubs me the wrong way. His movie career to me is like one of those burps you get which brings up stomach bile before it goes back down.

As a person, I think he's okay. I mean, in interviews and in his personal life. Fine. Seems to be alright. But grating on screen.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, Fedya said:

Jack Lemmon and Joe E. Brown in Some Like It Hot:

SomelikeFeature.jpg

(Shouldn't Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe be in the back seat?)

They're on the floor of the boat. THE ANIMALS!

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, Bethluvsfilms said:

The appeal of Adam Sandler has always been lost on me, but I did go to see ANGER MANAGEMENT at the show, only because of Jack. 

Waste of time and money. The movie still stunk for me.

Most of his stuff pre-2006 (the year Click was released) I can handle. But then it all just went downhill for me. 

15 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Agreed. UGH, I can't stand Billy Crystal in anything. Something about him always rubs me the wrong way. His movie career to me is like one of those burps you get which brings up stomach bile before it goes back down.

As a person, I think he's okay. I mean, in interviews and in his personal life. Fine. Seems to be alright. But grating on screen.

This is Billy Crystal best scene for me:

I watched "Sweet November" last night, just not from the beginning. I had watched it before, again not from the start. I always think of Anthony as a singer, then maybe an actor. Sandy is amazing for me. After the film, Alicia mentioned how she died much too soon. It is a movie I'd watch again, maybe next time from the start.

• Like 1

Buster Keaton and Jimmy Durante.  MGM put them in 3 films:  Speak Easily (1932), The Passionate Plumber (1932) and What! No Beer? (1933)

image.png.af71f81a5aab173e13b380b7394c75e1.png

• Like 2

Margaret Rutherford and James Robertson Justice in "Murder, She Said" -

9f587d98c0b687572b8bf97b250008e9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roger Moore with just about anyone in any film. He's played with Michael Caine ('Bullseye'), Lee Marvin ('Shout at the Devil'), Tony Curtis ('the Persuaders') and Stacy Keach in something-I-can't-recall. It rarely works unless his co-star has the same accent, (like Susannah York in 'That Lucky Touch'). Almost the only film I like him in, is 'The Wild Geese'

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Roger Moore with just about anyone in any film. He's played with Michael Caine ('Bullseye'), Lee Marvin ('Shout at the Devil'), Tony Curtis ('the Persuaders') and Stacy Keach in something-I-can't-recall. It rarely works unless his co-star has the same accent, (like Susannah York in 'That Lucky Touch'). Almost the only film I like him in, is 'The Wild Geese'

He's very good in the "Maverick" tv series.

Roger-Moore-As-Beau-Maverick-sir-roger-m

16 minutes ago, rayban said:

He's very good in the "Maverick" tv series.

Roger-Moore-As-Beau-Maverick-sir-roger-m

This-TV features The Saint with Moore every Saturday night from 8 - 12 and we have been watching this unless we are out on the town.     I find Moore to be a creditable actor,  full of charm in this series.  (but I do enjoy the B&W episode more than the color ones,,,, due to the overall atmosphere). 

• Like 1

screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-4.38.24-pm.jpe

Part of the great fun watching The Persuaders IS the unlikely pairing between Roger Moore & Tony Curtis.

screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-4.38.03-pm.jpe

They became lifelong friends because of that series.

screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-4.38.47-pm.jpe

• Like 1

Okay maybe 'Persuaders' doesn't need to be included in the list above; after all its more action-comedy than dramatic. Moore is made for light roles; I can enjoy him in 'the Saint' (although I prefer Patrick McGoohan's series 'Secret Agent' or 'Prisoner' far more). But he almost always lacks credibility in any more taut thriller (at least for me anyway). I can barely even defend him as Bond and only then if forced to remind the hideous fans of contemporary EON about the merits of classic EON. Otherwise Moore has soured too many flicks for me to admire him. Sorely limited actor; although I agree he was quite a nice guy and a professional. I'm glad he won the esteem of his colleagues.

50 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

The secondary coupling of Carol Channing and Clint Eastwood in The First Travelling Saleslady would be unexpected by many.

Oh boy...yeah, that's a couple for the ages.

• Like 1

The coupling of Warren Oates and Corey Allen in "Property Property" -

prod-db-cinelicious-pics-daystar-product