Sign in to follow this  
Abbydoodle

Who Was Actor that did 4000 Jumps/Hops in Musical?

5 posts in this topic

Saw clip yesterday about MGM.  One of actors discussed the scene and song where he did all the hips and jumps.  Dani were counted and at least 4000 in 4 days   afterwards went to hospital and bedridden a year.  Who was the dancer, son, and movie.   Was it Rall?

Are you thinking of Bobby Van from TAKE ME TO BROADWAY (1954)

13 hours ago, Abbydoodle said:

Saw clip yesterday about MGM.  One of actors discussed the scene and song where he did all the hips and jumps.  Dani were counted and at least 4000 in 4 days   afterwards went to hospital and bedridden a year.  Who was the dancer, son, and movie.   Was it Rall?

8 hours ago, Dskow said:

Are you thinking of Bobby Van from TAKE ME TO BROADWAY (1954)

This sounds like the human pogo stick dance that dancer Bobby Van performed in MGM's "Small Town Girl", 1953, directed by Laszlo Kardos. The legendary Busby Berkeley was the choreographer.

The number, by Brodsky and Robin, was called "Take Me To Broadway".

Yes, looked up photo....that is him. First time I ever saw was amazed.  Then when I saw clip of him saying how I'll it made him...I understood.  Because of metabolics.

7 hours ago, Abbydoodle said:

Yes, looked up photo....that is him. First time I ever saw was amazed.  Then when I saw clip of him saying how I'll it made him...I understood.  Because of metabolics.

When you get a chance, you should take a look at " That's Entertainment 2". Bobby Van is featured in that number as well as a number from "Kiss Me Kate",  along with Tommy Rall.