laffite

PHOTO CAPTIONING FUN

4,702 posts in this topic

Why a second thread for photo captioning?

There are some photo threads that do not allow captioning so instead of letting these picture go un-captioned (we can't allow that ;) ) I decided to purge my frustration and start this thread. Now, photos from these threads can be captured and posted here...or photos from other sources can be posted here as well.

I urge all photo captioning enthusiasts to PLEASE continuing supporting *Dimitrious'* fine photo captioning thread, in fact, when the uncontrollable urge to caption hits you, _please go there first_. This thread is by no means an attempt to disrupt or upstage the *Dimitrious* thread, in fact, is should be secondary to it. *Dimitrious* has been diligent in supply us with photos for captioning and I fully consider his thread to be the definitive.

*Dimitrious*: I sincerely hope you don't mind that I started this thread. Like I said, _yours is the TOPS_, this one will be fill-in.

For the time being, I will post the images. I want this thread to be used only for those "un-captionable" photos on those threads here on the board where captioning is discourged. Let's use it for this purpose for now, anyway. Thanks.

And there may be periods of time when the thread will fall dormant.

Anyone with questions, comments, please fire away.

///

"Look at that...our own son...President of the United States...driving by in the motorcade and not even looking at us. Give'm the finger, Edna!"

"I swear I'll snatch that wardrobe girl's hair out! This damn shawl has lice in it!"

Another missed opportunity: "Mwe shoulda nebber licked da pweanud budder off our finners ride before dey asked for any other nominations for pwesident of the United States...now we're stuck wid dat guy!! "

( Please note: this is an equal opportunity post as you will notice I left any reference to any political party out of the equation--interpret as you will) :-)

Image 02

"Don't just stand there, ya big ox! Help me open this fire hydrant!"

#02 Hey Mitchum! Get off my foot--and I mean right NOW!

(The bottom of the picture is so dark, I can only see one foot--so if you see two...just use your imagination) :-)

"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear...Oh come on, get over it, you're not that old yet."

# 2

"Now do you believe me, Dipwad? Nobody wears white when they know they're going

in front of a camera!"

"Jeez, all this woman want to do is sing. One more note and I may just jump over edge. No more blind dates for me."

*03*

tcmphotoCapnavyuniform.jpg*

*?Oh for Heaven?s sake, Fred, I know you like to watch McHale?s Navy over and over, but do you have to dress up like that every time.?*

"Bad news, John. We're being dumped for Kenneth Tobey and Faith Domergue ... and they are changing the plot to something about a giant octopus ..."

(guy) "Don't get angry, Mr. Director. I will get my line right, I promise. Now please stop yelling. Yes, I know my English accent stinks.....he jumped." (lady) "Yeah and with one of those fake, prop parachutes. Do ya think we should call 911?" (guy) "I don't know I am still surprised he jumped. He's always ranting about doing something, but I never thought he would do it! I mean he has been with us ever since the first picture, and now here we are at installment 34 "Gidget Meets The British Prime Minister's Son And Goes Sky-diving Down The Mississippi River With Him" and he finally does something." (lady) "I'm going call 911."

*Gidget Meets The British Prime Minister's Son And Goes Sky-diving Down The Mississippi River With Him"*

Are the first 33 installments on DVD? Sounds good. ;) Although looks like you'll need a new stunt man.

I generally feel that long captions are difficult to do because the reader can easily lose interest and the humor is diluted with all the reading. But yours here is really good.

:)

> I generally feel that long captions are difficult to do because the reader can easily lose interest and the humor is diluted with all the reading. But yours here is really good.

> :)

Thanks lafitte! I was really worried it would be to long, but I just couldn't say all that had to be said in less words.

_*04*_

*captionhaha.jpg*

*The above is from a famous movie. Can you name it?*

*Provide caption*

///

_*03_ (below, for those who missed it)*

*tcmphotoCapnavyuniform.jpg*

*provide caption*

*////*

"Well, uh, there goes another theory, I'm afraid. We booked this hall six months ago.

The MENSA banquet was last week."

"Oh no, Harry, not again! We just want you to say Grace. I don't think we have time for the Hallelujah Chorus just now.

*05*

phbrh.jpg

Anyone care to name the movie. Pretty famous film, #04 also from this film. You experts should get this one.