Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Strzok hearings

34 posts in this topic

Ken DilanianVerified account @KenDilanianNBC

FBI agent Peter Stzrok: In the fall of 2016, I had info that could "derail, and quite possibly, defeat Mr. Trump.

But the thought of exposing that information never crossed my mind....

This investigation is not politically motivated, it is not a witch hunt, it is not a hoax."

5:40 AM - 12 Jul 2018

Dr. Dena GraysonVerified account @DrDenaGrayson 5h5 hours ago

Watching the #Strzok hearing shows EXACTLY why we must flip the House in the November #Midterms. Self-styled “law and order” #Republicans are blatantly trying to undermine the #TrumpRussia??probe . #ComplicitGOP

Natasha BertrandVerified account @NatashaBertrand

Wow. Strzok, still an employee of the FBI, says he can't answer Gowdy's question about a matter related to the ongoing Russia probe because the FBI has *instructed him not to.*

Goodlatte, in response, threatens to hold him in contempt.

8:01 AM - 12 Jul 2018
  • Thanks 3

ABC NewsVerified account @ABC 6h6 hours ago

FBI Agent Peter Strzok applauded by Democratic members of House Oversight Committee after passionate response to Rep. Trey Gowdy,

saying Gowdy's accusation "deeply corrodes what the FBI is in American society, the effectiveness of their mission, and it is deeply destructive."

• Thanks 4

The G-Man Fights Back:

Peter Strzok Zaps His Republican Inquisitors

".... Not content with undermining the logic of his inquisitors, Strzok also dared to question their motivation, and even their patriotism, saying, “I understand we are living in a political era in which insults and insinuation often drown out honesty and integrity, but the honest truth is that Russian interference in our elections constitutes a grave attack on our democracy.”

The Russian attack had been “wildly successful—sowing discord in our nation and shaking faith in our institutions,” Strzok continued. “I have the utmost respect for Congress’s oversight role, but I truly believe that today’s hearing is just another victory notch in Putin’s belt and another milestone in our enemies' campaign to tear America apart.” .....

The text(message) didn’t come out of the blue, Strzok explained. It was written late at night “off the cuff, and in response to a series of events that included then candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption, based upon that horrible, disgusting behavior, that the American population would not elect somebody demonstrating that behavior to be the President of the United States.” ..........

..... They would not tolerate any improper behavior in me any more than I would tolerate it in them. That is who we are as the F.B.I. And the suggestion that I and some dark chamber somewhere in the F.B.I. would somehow cast aside all of these procedures, all of these safeguards, and somehow be able to do this is astounding to me. It simply couldn’t happen. And the proposition that is going on, that it might occur anywhere in the F.B.I., deeply corrodes what the F.B.I. is in American society, the effectiveness of their mission, and it is deeply destructive.” ....

-Gowdy and other House Republicans invested what was left of their credibility in a conspiracy theory that was now blowing up in their faces, live on television. After Strzok said the words “deeply destructive,” there was a brief silence in the hearing room. Then there was a round of applause from the public gallery.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-g-man-fights-back-peter-strzok-zaps-his-republican-inquisitors?mbid=social_twitter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Republican members of that committee who cast aspersions and condemned Strzok's ethics & character because of words he chose to use (in private texts) or judging his infidelity & relationship w/his wife seems the height of irony & hypocrisy when the Republican's president has been repeatedly public about his indiscretions & insulting, demeaning & racist words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who can blame Strzok for being a little smug when answering "questions" from

this group of GOP slimeballs? And taking moral instruction from Jim Jordan?

As usual, Tres Gouty stands out as being particularly idiotic. Gouty took Strzok's

joke about Clinton winning 100,000,000 to 0 and took it seriously and began

to dissect it as if it were a serious prediction. Thank goodness this dumb clown

will be out of office in six months.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Thank goodness this dumb clown

"are you suuuure???" -arthur shields, daughter of dr. jeckyll

strzok committed perjury and besides it was stupid.

if the left is right that the GOP will sweep everything no matter how incriminating under the rug to keep trump in office...

well sir....

strzok's testimony and behavior will make that far more likely.

:lol:

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

"are you suuuure???" -arthur shields, daughter of dr. jeckyll

Yep, he's retiring. Good riddance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

strzok committed perjury and besides it was stupid.

if the left is right that the GOP will sweep everything no matter how incriminating under the rug to keep trump in office...

well sir....

strzok's testimony and behavior will make that far more likely.

:lol:

What perjury?

On 7/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, mr6666 said:

ABC NewsVerified account @ABC 6h6 hours ago

FBI Agent Peter Strzok applauded by Democratic members of House Oversight Committee after passionate response to Rep. Trey Gowdy,

saying Gowdy's accusation "deeply corrodes what the FBI is in American society, the effectiveness of their mission, and it is deeply destructive."

I watched part of the inquisition and the interrogation by the GOPers and saw this part.  Gowdy began his political career as a state solicitor (prosecutor) for two of the most Republican counties in S.C.  Has always been an embarrassment to the state, but his actions during this event were far worse than anything before.  His actions would have been ruled prosecutorial misconduct or out of order if he tried them during a court case. Strzok handled Gowdy very handily.  Of course, he and the FBI had been preparing for quite a while, but then so had the GOP Inquisition organizations.

On 7/13/2018 at 3:22 AM, mr6666 said:

Preet BhararaVerified account @PreetBharara

Attempting to impugn Agent Strzok, a Congressman just said,

“By the way I’m a dentist ok so I read body language very very well.”

3:50 PM - 12 Jul 2018
:blink:

I saw that and couldn't believe it.  I'll have to quiz my dentist on her ability to read body language. Considering almost all the "work" is done by a hygienist and the dentist comes in to do a quick check unless an actual procedure is needed, how much body language can he see?  She only sees me when I am reclining in the chair.  Does this mean instead of doing what he should be doing professionally, he is looking elsewhere?  Maybe moreso with his female patients?

I did observe Strzok for at least half an hour before this exchange and did not notice any body language other than his surety and confidence in what he was saying.  I have a master's degree in counselling and was a counselor for many years.  Body language observation was a part of the training.

16 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Who can blame Strzok for being a little smug when answering "questions" from

this group of GOP slimeballs? And taking moral instruction from Jim Jordan?

As usual, Tres Gouty stands out as being particularly idiotic. Gouty took Strzok's

joke about Clinton winning 100,000,000 to 0 and took it seriously and began

to dissect it as if it were a serious prediction. Thank goodness this dumb clown

As noted above, Gowdy is "retiring."  However, in politics this probably means he has a job lined up with some Republican or "conserevative" organization.  This is the route former US senator from SC Jim DeMint took.  Prior to serving in the Senate, DeMint had held the House seat now held by Gowdy.

On the other hand, Gowdy may be preparing to run against Sen. Lindsay Graham in 2020.

On the Inquisition itself, I am proud of the Democrats for their statements and actions during this political event.  I was appalled at the chairman's dictatorial actions and violations of House rules and all accepted rules or order.  This would not have happened under a pre Tea Party Republican controlled committee.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vautrin said:

What perjury?

did you listen to that liar's testimony? he said his text messages were not "indicative of bias".

:huh:

that was his incredible assertion that rendered all of his following testimony pointless and a waste of everybody's time.

he didn't completely deny how incrimating his texts messages were but insisted they impacted not on his conduct or professionalism which is simply not believable.

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

did you listen to that liar's testimony? he said his text messages were not "indicative of bias".

that was his incredible assertion that rendered all of his following testimony pointless and a waste of everybody's time.

he didn't completely deny how incriminating his texts messages were but insisted they impacted not on his conduct or professionalism which is simply not believable.

that's like saying maxine waters' hatred of trump is the farthest thing from her low I.Q.

:D

8 hours ago, TheCid said:

As noted above, Gowdy is "retiring."  However, in politics this probably means he has a job lined up with some Republican or "conserevative" organization.  This is the route former US senator from SC Jim DeMint took.  Prior to serving in the Senate, DeMint had held the House seat now held by Gowdy.

On the other hand, Gowdy may be preparing to run against Sen. Lindsay Graham in 2020.

Yes, unfortunately, I'm sure we have not heard the last of Gowdy. He is basically a bully who

tries to overwhelm the person he is addressing with endless questions and endless interruptions

when the person tries to answer. You can tell that on occasion he was getting frustrated by

Strzok. I got a kick out of Nadler giving Goodlatte a hard time on the whole process of the

hearing. It certainly was more interesting than your typical hearing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

he didn't completely deny how incrimating his texts messages were but insisted they impacted not on his conduct or professionalism which is simply not believable.

That's not perjury, it is simply his opinion, and there is no evidence at all that any of

his official actions were influenced by his dislike of Trump. I don't recall him saying that

his tests were incriminating, only that they had the appearance of bias. No harm, no foul.

If you had the private text messages of all those House members, there would likely be

ones that were just as embarrassing as Strzok's. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

He didn't bring the bias to the job.  Millions of us work for people or organizations that we dislike but if you are a professional then you leave that at the door and do the very best job you can because it reflects on you.  I've worked for some right a holes but did the same job I would for someone that I liked.

And if he was that biased he would have released information about the Trump inquiry which he did not.  You and the GOP are clutching at straws and again so easily brainwashed.

• Like 2