Sign in to follow this  
metz44

name the movie

5,501 posts in this topic

Whew..! I needed that third clue ;) Thanks, mr6666 et al. Here we go...

Arguably, this film may be the most deadly with 41% of it's cast and crew developing a cancer within 25 years of it's completion; 21% having died or committed suicide.

Re Conqueror, I came by it honestly. Reading up on Pedro Armendariz, I read about his suicide after finishing his work on From Russia With Love, and wound up briefing myself on the whole account.

A new one:

Mid-50s B&W Western. Barn dance in a small frontier community. A supporting player, who is already known as a dancer, performs an intricate choreographed dance, occasionally using farm impliments as props. (One assumes a full-scale dance band has come in, and is just off camera.}

What movie?

Aw, phooey! I wanted to use at least one more clue, namely: "Its the Anti-High Noon. In church, the whole congregation pledge themselves to harbor and protect a fellow citizen."

But you're right. Russ Tamblyn, with Seven Brides For Seven Brothers behind him, with Tom Thumb and West Side Story ahead of him, did a dance routine that a young Fred Astire may have done if ol' Whatsisname Burkley had ever sent him to a barn dance. It was a light passage, and maybe somewhat out of place, in a pretty grim gunfighter story.

Your thread, pastman.

nyuk nyuk nyuk... ;) Thank you, cmvgor. And I could never accept Broderick Crawford in a western role. My first recollections of him are from Highway Patrol (tv series) .. those images color everything I see him in. Here we go...

Name the movie...

Having lost his wife and baby during birth, he drowns his sorrow in a bottle. But he's got more important things to worry about.

Not Wuthering Heights... 1960's vintage

...must...... reach..... hhh hh hOSpital... No. Wait a minute. I have to deliver a baby!

A movie poster reads: A man running out of time... A woman running out of men... A love running out of fear!

COLUMBIA PICTURES Presents .... EASTMAN COLOR

At an isolated construction camp in the barren Mexican desert, an American doctor ministers to the sick while simultaneously trying to drown in alcohol the memory of his wife and unborn child who died when he was forced to perform an emergency delivery.

No. No Rita Hayworth. However, there is a 'Chema' Hernandez credited under -Other crew- as

head wrangler in this south of the border setting.

Not 3godfathers.. The star of this film (1966) starred in another movie (1963) that inspired a popular TV show (1969) starring Bill Bixby.

*YES* ! .. i mean.. yes. RAGE is correct, lavenderblue. Congratulations! Thanks to you, mr6666, visualfeast, and metz44 for playing. It's your turn lavenderblue..

I'll try a new one.

Sleeping With The Enemy it ain't. The bride grabs her jacket, ducks out the back door and hits the ground running after the first slap. Soon she makes a friend, and it turns into a female- buddies-on-the-road movie.

What film?

90s. Thelma And Louise it also ain't. These characters have hope. Sometimes its a struggle, but they have hope and can afford optimism.

Jack & Bobby's mom, Nash Bridges' dad and Sister Agnes of God all got in their licks in this flick.