Sign in to follow this  
MissGoddess

Hello, Norma Jean!

798 posts in this topic

*MissG*, thank you for those screencaps. I don't know whether I've ever seen her so beautiful as in that opening couple of scenes in The Misfits. And so convincing! And she didn't just phone in that stuff with the dog. Your caps make me remember how impressed, almost mesmerized, I was when seeing how realistically she paid attention to and fed that dog and staying so in character with the human interaction as well. She had become a really fine actress. Who knows what might have been...ah well. (oops, forgot, no sad :D ) And that elegant hair style. Lovely Marilyn!

*FrankGrimes wrote: Does Gloria know you are sneaking around on her?*

*You know darn well she'd never do such a thing to you.* :D

Gloria has nothing to worry about but with my recent dalliances with Jane Greer and now Marilyn, it is I who should worry. That's a trio I don't want to mess with! ;)

*Laffite wrote: See it, Molo, it?s time.* :)

*MissGoddess wrote: I'll post screencaps of those scenes you mention from The Misfits, Lafitte, and maybe it will entice Molo to see it sooner than later.* :)

*FrankGrimes wrote: I just wanted to second (or is it third? Oh, Miss G never counts) Laffite's strongarm tactics in regards to The Misfits. It's a fantastic film.*

Hey everyone! I just watched *The Misfits!!!* I'll be back later with some comments but nothing too deep or analytical Frank. :)

In answer to your question MissG, my friend loved "Some Like It Hot"! Sadly "Gentlemen....." didn't come in to my library 'till today. So we will have to watch that soon.

My friend was laughing throughout the movie, and she just loved Jack Lemmon. (I had previously shown her "The Apartment".) And get this she said "She (Marilyn) is way more beautiful then even the pictures of her." I think that means a yes on MM! LOL! Throughout the film, I shared with her little tidbits of info such as the fact that Jack was nominated for best actor. And things that could or could not be true. Such as the fact that the dress Marilyn wore in her first scene, Jack Lemmon claims was his...but MM stole it the night before filming started and had it altered for her.

We also, both agreed that Tony made a more convincing girl because he had "girl eyes"...LOL!

She expressed excitement about wanting to see another MM, especially after I told her that "GPB" has the "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friens" song.

Hi ILRM,

I'm glad your friend liked *Some Like It Hot.* The "Diamonds" number in *Gentlemen Prefer Blondes* is a real highlight. I think your friend will definitely like it. I think it's one of those iconic moments in film. I like Jane and Marilyn together too.

> {quote:title=molo14 wrote:}{quote}

> Hi ILRM,

> I think your friend will definitely like it. I think it's one of those iconic moments in film. I like Jane and Marilyn together too.

Oh, definitely! I love watching it! And as I said before I love her voice!

Thinking about it made me want to watch it! Here is the link to that song on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0FDGnAIWpk

Hey there, Molo -- Gloria has nothing to worry about but with my recent dalliances with Jane Greer and now Marilyn, it is I who should worry. That's a trio I don't want to mess with!

You've got that right.

Hey everyone! I just watched The Misfits!!!

Woohoo! That was quick!

I'll be back later with some comments but nothing too deep or analytical Frank.

Talk about what you wish. I'm sure Miss G and Laffite would love to discuss The Misfits with you.

*Hey everyone! I just watched The Misfits!!!*

*Molo,* you are a gem! I hope you enjoyed the show. Now that you have been bullied into it ;) I, for one, may not be able keep up with you if you do one of your in-depth reviews. I do have some impressions that survive from whenever it was I viewed last but I was mostly urging you not to be reluctant to see Marilyn and I agree with what *Frank* said in a recent post, namely, that is was not horrifically sad story-wise or Marilyn-wise for that matter. In fact, I seem the remember that the ending was at least not a tragic one for MM and CG (although we all know what happened later in real life weep-weep). But I am interested specifically in what you thought of Marilyn. Having said that, do cut loose at your guise. I will try to keep up and I'm sure that *MissG* and *Frank* will have thoughts on the subject. But I am glad that you watched it and await your impressions. Thank you for responding so swiftly to a recommendation. I could learn from that (that is if I am not beyond learning at this point).

> {quote:title=laffite wrote:}{quote}

> *MissG*, thank you for those screencaps. I don't know whether I've ever seen her so beautiful as in that opening couple of scenes in The Misfits. And so convincing! And she didn't just phone in that stuff with the dog. Your caps make me remember how impressed, almost mesmerized, I was when seeing how realistically she paid attention to and fed that dog and staying so in character with the human interaction as well. She had become a really fine actress. Who knows what might have been...ah well. (oops, forgot, no sad :D ) And that elegant hair style. Lovely Marilyn!

Je vouz en pris, mon cheri.

I think MM looks very lovely because she looks so fragile as though the desert wind could

blow her away, yet her humanity glows in her eyes and smile in this movie like no other.

I will try to post a couple from the opening (Thelma has a great line) later.

Hey everyone! I just watched The Misfits!!! I'll be back later with some comments but nothing too deep or analytical Frank.

I can't wait! :) And be as analytical as you like, goodness knows Frank won't. :P

Hi ILRM! I'm glad your friend enjoyed SLIH...I'm sure she'll like GPB, especially "the song" (one of my all time favorites).

mmdiamondsRAGirlsBestfriend.jpg

And be as analytical as you like, goodness knows Frank won't. :P

Owwwww! Now who spent time, analyzing The Misfits with YOU and only YOU earlier this year? Who?

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> And be as analytical as you like, goodness knows Frank won't. :P

>

> Owwwww! Now who spent time, analyzing The Misfits with YOU and only YOU earlier this year? Who?

I guess I forgot!

misfits2.jpg

Hi Frank

Good caps. I know she is fragile and afraid of everything and all that but this worrying about birds seems kind of silly. Are they overdoing her character too much? I wish Clark would grab her by the shoulders and say, "Get a grip, girl?" 'Course if she gets too much of a grip we don't have a movie, haha. But I think I remember getting annoyed at her for being such a wimp, at least to the extent that she is.

Or am I quibbling? ;)

Frank, are you ready for the Super Bowl Preview this Saturday night. I could care less who wins because it's pre-season...still, interesting that they are playing each other.

Viva Laffite! -- I know she is fragile and afraid of everything and all that

but this worrying about birds seems kind of silly. Are they overdoing her character

too much? I wish Clark would grab her by the shoulders and say, "Get a grip, girl?"

But I think I remember getting annoyed at her for being such a wimp, at least to the

extent that she is.

I consider Marilyn's "Roslyn" (a lovely mirror name) to be childlike because her

feelings are always so very honest, therefore her words and actions are the

same. Her feelings control her thinking. She's heart over mind. She can be

easily distracted AND easily mesmerized because of this. Whatever she feels

that very instant, she verbalizes, like a child. I find this to be charming... with women.

Some will take it as a woman being dumb and airy, and there's truth to that, but

I appreciate the honesty of natural feelings. I find it to be refreshing.

'Course if she gets too much of a grip we don't have a movie, haha.

Now that made me laugh. :D

Or am I quibbling? ;)

Not in the least. And even if you were, your "quibbles" spark conversation, ala your

actor/actress observations in "General Discussions." Discussions of merit quite often

stem from "quibbles," especially when the "quibbles" are presented as a delicacy.

Frank, are you ready for the Super Bowl Preview this Saturday night. I could

care less who wins because it's pre-season...still, interesting that they are playing

each other.

I like your thinking. I have a family picnic to attend on Saturday, but my brother is

going to tape the game off of the NFL Network. We'll probably watch it on

Sunday. I love watching preseason games to see what kind of skills the young

players have. Preseason is where I first got to see Tony Romo play. I never

thought he would emerge into the player he has, though. I'm amazed by his

development.

Ahhhh, football talk on a Miss G thread. It feels sooooooooooooo good to torture her

for a change.

Here's some male honesty for ya:

misfits5.jpg

Here's some male honesty for ya:

Ha haaaaa!!! Yes, we know what brought that response from him---and you!

Ha haaaaa!!! Yes, we know what brought that response from him---and you!

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please shed some light on us

with some of your wonderful analysis, Blondle? :P:P

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please shed some light on us

with some of your wonderful analysis, Blondle?

That is one screencap I'm not going to post but you know you And the other Mr G were both

appreciating Marilyn's most famous attribute. :P

That is one screencap I'm not going to post but you know you And the other Mr G were both

appreciating Marilyn's most famous attribute. :P

I'm still at a loss. I think a special dose of Miss G's in-depth analysis is necessary.