Sign in to follow this  
daneldorado

Movie Trivia

4,853 posts in this topic

Another case of two co-stars having an affair during the making and a little bit beyond the making of a film:  The female star of the movie had two leading men in this comedy.  She was having problems in her marriage, as well as other personal problems, and had an affair with one of her co-stars.  While he looked upon it as just another conquest, she fell head over heels in love with him and was devastated when he very coldly broke it off and had nothing more to do with her.

Name the movie and the 3 stars. 

On 10/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, starliteyes said:

Another case of two co-stars having an affair during the making and a little bit beyond the making of a film:  The female star of the movie had two leading men in this comedy.  She was having problems in her marriage, as well as other personal problems, and had an affair with one of her co-stars.  While he looked upon it as just another conquest, she fell head over heels in love with him and was devastated when he very coldly broke it off and had nothing more to do with her.

Name the movie and the 3 stars. 

OY VEY! Judy Holliday and Peter Lawford. She was soooooooooooo Superior to him in every way. It Should Happen To You and Jack Lemmon was the other co-star. Peter married Pat Lawford, JFK's sister ( that was the giveaway clue for me) ????

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

OY VEY! Judy Holliday and Peter Lawford. She was soooooooooooo Superior to him in every way. It Should Happen To You and Jack Lemmon was the other co-star. Peter married Pat Lawford, JFK's sister ( that was the giveaway clue for me) ????

Excellent, lav!  The thread goes back to you.

Thanks Star. From accounts from directors and actors Judy Holliday worked with not only a great talent but she was a brilliant woman. Too bad she fell that stinker Peter Lawford. Very interesting bit of trivia you posted about :)

next

In a very famous classic, much loved film, an actor plays a role of a character not just in the film but in the film a real life event is happening and he plays the role during the real life event that is in the film. Actor and the film ??

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Peter O'Toole in My Favorite Year?

Sorry, not the film. The event is a yearly event that happens in real life and the film I'm thinking of was many years before.

Could it be Edmund Gwenn playing Santa Claus in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in "Miracle On 34th Street"?

10 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Could it be Edmund Gwenn playing Santa Claus in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in "Miracle On 34th Street"?

Yes, it could be and it is Edmund Gwenn playing Santa in the Real Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that was filmed in the movie. The crowd did not know it was Edmund Gwenn and he also addressed the crowd when it arrived at Macy's. Good work Miles, your thread :)

On 10/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, MilesArcher said:

Miles, this one is yours

Fred Astaire sang a song in a movie that was later sung by Jerry Lewis in another movie.  Can you name the song and the two movies?

I remember Jerry Lewis singing By Myself in The Delicate Delinquent, which was sung by Fred Astaire in The Band Wagon.

• Like 1

Correctomundo, Starlit.   Here is Fred:

And here is Jerry:

Well done. Starliteyes.  You get the thread.

• Thanks 2

This song really got around.  It was introduced in a mid-30’s MGM movie and was sung 3 times by one of the female star’s male co-stars.  Just a month later it was heard again in another film starring the same actress, and this time it was sung by a supporting actress in the film. 

The following year, in yet another film, it was played on the piano by one of the male stars of the movie.

In 1940, another star recorded it for a movie, but it was deleted.

Then it re-surfaced again in the early 50’s where, in two consecutive years, it was performed by the same actress in two musicals.  However, in both cases, she did not perform it as a solo.

Name the song, as well as who sang it, and the movie in which it made its debut.  Also, name the two 1950’s musicals and the actress who performed it.

If you can fill in all the other blanks as well – the second movie and who sang it, as well as the star of both films, the movie in which it was played as a piano solo and the star who played it, the star who recorded it and the movie in which it wasn’t heard – well, then more power to you!  

On 10/22/2019 at 9:22 PM, starliteyes said:

This song really got around.  It was introduced in a mid-30’s MGM movie and was sung 3 times by one of the female star’s male co-stars.  Just a month later it was heard again in another film starring the same actress, and this time it was sung by a supporting actress in the film. 

The following year, in yet another film, it was played on the piano by one of the male stars of the movie.

In 1940, another star recorded it for a movie, but it was deleted.

Then it re-surfaced again in the early 50’s where, in two consecutive years, it was performed by the same actress in two musicals.  However, in both cases, she did not perform it as a solo.

Name the song, as well as who sang it, and the movie in which it made its debut.  Also, name the two 1950’s musicals and the actress who performed it.

If you can fill in all the other blanks as well – the second movie and who sang it, as well as the star of both films, the movie in which it was played as a piano solo and the star who played it, the star who recorded it and the movie in which it wasn’t heard – well, then more power to you!  

The song is All I Do Is Dream of You Sadie McKee was the movie - Gene Raymond sang it 3 times and it starred Joan Crawford. Chico played it on the piano in Night of the Opera. Debbie Reynolds sang it in Singin in the Rain and in The Affairs of Dobbie Gillis with Bobby Van and Twiggy sang it in The Boyfriend ????????

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The song is All I Do Is Dream of You Sadie McKee was the movie - Gene Raymond sang it 3 times and it starred Joan Crawford. Chico played it on the piano in Night of the Opera. Debbie Reynolds sang it in Singin in the Rain and in The Affairs of Dobbie Gillis with Bobby Van and Twiggy sang it in The Boyfriend ????????

Excellent, lav!  Twiggy did indeed sing it in The Boyfriend, which slipped my mind when I first posted the question. 

Also a month after Sadie McKee was released, No More Ladies, also starring Joan Crawford, was released and this time the song was sung by Gail Patrick while sitting on Arthur Treacher's lap as he accompanied her on the banjo.  The reason I know this is because I watched this movie very recently and must say I was quite disappointed in it because it had an excellent cast. 

Judy Garland was supposed to have sung it in Andy Hardy Meets Debutante and she did record it, but either it was deleted or they decided not to use it.  Hers is the only rendition I have heard in which the introductory verse is sung. 

And now, lav, you may have the thread.

Thanks Star :)

A role originally planned for an Oscar winning actress to change her good girl wholesome image had to be recast when she became pregnant. Actress, film and who did play the role ??

The actress that did play the role was nominated for an Oscar for the role and a supporting actress in the film was also nominated for an Oscar