Sign in to follow this  
harlowkeatongirl

Buster Keaton and Jean Harlow fans in the house?

65 posts in this topic

Classicsfan1119 ~ Good suggestion. That's been tried. I once wrote him personal e-mails, which he would answer... here on the boards. He's a fool. And an instigator.

And I'm a fool for hanging around and putting up with a troll who doesn't know when to quit.

That said, I think I'll take what few brain cells I have left elsewhere and let you all put up w/him, since he'll let you all have your favorites w/out any question about it. LOL

If I come back, it won't be for a looonnnnng while.

Look I resent those comments! For the record that statement is not true! In fact it is totally false! I immediately E-mailed Miss "we all know who" back not once but twice! She refused to talk to me! Perhaps she didn't get my response I don't know? I do know I was given no indication the response did not reach her! Absolutely none whatsoever! I have never been accused of being a trouble maker in my entire life! Not before I ran in to this person! I had thought for a short time frame we had gotten past all that, but I guess this was just to much to hope for?

I would go on but that would be pointless. People are getting fed up with this nonsense and I certainly can't blame them for that! I never started this ridiculous feud. As I recall it was someone else who took exception to a few statements that I made. She probably doesn't even remember what they were? In any case they set her blood boiling! They were certainly nothing inflammatory, and the fact is they apparently offended no one else?

Incidentally, I don't recall me ever calling you a fool Miss or anything for that matter, I do recall you calling me one and more, and that evidence is right here on this page! Think about it?

Gagman, I see that you have your e-mail address listed here. I will not continue this discussion with you on these boards because I honestly believe that these boards never were the place for either of you to carry on this fight at the level you've taken it to, and I would much prefer that even discussion about it stop here. I will in fairness to you, however, e-mail you instead rather than ignore you at this point.

ML

Did I hear the word "FREE" uttered somewhere in this hoopla. If anybody's giving away anything for free, I'm game.

No "Nick" your ears did not deceive you in the slightest! To be more accurate in this case your eyes did not. For I did indeed utter the term FREE! As most of the films I have on DVD-R, are copyrighted and technically I am not supposed to be selling them for profit.

I have a vast collection of some 250 to 300 silent films! So if there is a title you are really interested in and you can't find it elsewhere, well I may very well be able to help you! My programs are not just any cheaply thrown together fair either. They boast menu's, thumbnails, background images, designer slim-line jewel case inserts on slick photo-paper and more!

gagman thanks for the offer i love silents and someday

if there's a silent i can't get or find i will feel free

to ask you thanks again for the kind offer to all of us.

loliteblue.

Suddenly I'm getting a bunch of E-mails from people who are saying "Hey we understand your giving away all these free DVD's!" "Well I want some!" Yes it is true that I have given away some free programs in the past and on occasion will do so again. That being said, I am not a wealthy person and to keep giving away free stuff certainly isn't going to help to make me one either! So let's set the record straight right here and now.

The initial free offer of 10 HAROLD LLOYD DVD-R programs (well over 20 films) was intended for a certain party as a gesture of good faith. It was declined outright.(As an earlier offer had been that if that person would send me the blank media and paid for shipping cost's I would run off these programs for her for nothing.)

The second free offer of three not available on DVD and out of print on VHS versions of BUSTER KEATON classics was again intended to make amends for past misunderstandings between one specific individual and myself. Any other programs which any other person here on this forum wishes to obtain from me, I charge only for blank media, shipping, packaging, and what have you. I am not charging anything for the actual copyrighted material itself. I feel I am within my rights though to charge for my time and effort. When the movie is public domain, I am allowed to charge something for the actual film as well.

Hello all, I'm new here and e-mailed gagman66 last night regarding his multiple offers for free DVDs of Harold Lloyd films. He blatantly denied ever making such offers to the community, and sought to charge me $12 per DVD and $80 for the set. I told gagman66 I was considering posting the truth about his "free" offers to the message board, and this is apparently what prompted his latest message below (the gist of which is false, by the way, and the quotations do not come from me). I have begun a new thread in the General Discussions and Hot Topics forums just for this issue, with supporting citations and references, to seek the community's feedback. I will not respond further in this thread out of respect to the initial thread topic.

Now look, I just wrote a lengthy post about this misunderstanding. Unfortunately, when I tried to copy and paste I lost everything. So all area's won't be covered here. However I assure you there is and never has been any marketing scam here! Yes I did offer to make copies of the programs I had made up for the benefit of the people who might very well be looking for these films.

As such I was only trying to be helpful. I did say send me blank DVD's and I'll run you off some copies for free.

This two is true. If the material is copy righted that makes it legal. However, it cost money to by ink cartridges, slick photo-paper cases, shipping and the like. As this post was made some time ag, it is no longer strictly valid. For instance I no longer ship everything priority mail. I use either media-rate or first class now.

If you were paying someone by the hour to have the work done that I have done and I'm still doing on the production of these DVD-R programs it would cost you hundreds of dollars! Most of my titles for example have a menu's that are at least 5 pages in length! That's 5 pages per film, not per disc!

Point 1. "Moviejoe79" I didn't drive "Harlowkeatongirl" away. In fact I've received several e-mails from people who thought she was the problem here and not me! In fact I am sending one of those people 4 free programs soon for their support. Actually I offered to send 1 free program, they couldn't decide between four. So I said, "That's all right I'll send all four of them to you"!

Point 2. I mentioned to "inhonerofpop" in a personal response that I thought he wanted my Harold Lloyd community identity and not this one. At haroldlloyd.com I never offered anyone anything for free. I have on this site on occasion. In addition due to this mix-up I actually offered to send "inhonrofpop" a free DVD-R program of his choosing! Very few people would do this my friends! I also dropped the price for a complete set down to $55.00! That's 11 programs 32 films where talking here! This includes 13 features and the UNKNOWN CHAPLIN documentary which I generally toss in as a free bonus! With the Lloyd film trust formally charging $25.00 for titles on VHS, and bootlegs of WHY WORRY? selling on Ebay right now for $18.95 plus $7.50 shipping, which deal sounds more economical to you? Kino will be charging $30.00 for it's first Lloyd release on the twentieth of July. It will consist of 6 shorts and one feature the Lloyd's 1922 classic GRANDMAS BOY. Every title on the Kino collection is public domain and so these will not be the same versions of the films that TCM has been airing.

Point 3. I sent Little Tramp Lover a few months ago 8 or 9

free disc's! I never expected anything for them. However she didn't feel right about that and sent me something in return out of the goodness of her heart. I certainly didn't drive her off either as she was delighted with what I sent her. I am concerned however what has become of her? A few weeks ago I mailed her two more free programs that I had promised to her. I wish I knew if she ever got them or not?

Wow! I'd missed this whole episode here! Personally, I can understand why HKG declined the offer. Even if it weren't for her not being crazy about Lloyd, it's still awkward to have anything like that offered to ya, especially over the net. At least I woulda felt that way faced with a similar situation, and I too would've declined. What I don't understand is gagman's persistence in the matter.

> ......it's still awkward to have anything

> like that offered to ya, especially over the net.

> At least I woulda felt that way faced with a

> a similar situation, and I too would've declined.

> What I don't understand is gagman's persistence in

> the matter.

You're an intelligent person, antarexpurgated. ;)

Good sum up, especially your last sentence. That says it all... and explains it all.

Not only that, but what is unbelievable is he honestly thinks all this annoyance stems from the discussion about Keaton and Lloyd... and not his personal behavior. LOL

And it's all the more odd that more people here don't find that wrong.

While I think this whole situation got overblown I do think you were in the right HKG. I have my pet peeves too (you know who you are) and for someone to keep pick pick picking at it will drive you insane. Glad you're back.

"And it's all the more odd that more people here don't find that wrong."

harlowkeatongirl, you must have missed my post where I said you were MORE than wise NOT to give out your personal information to this person. He seemed to me to be 'playing' you. However, I applaud TCM moderators for allowing this to play itself out, unlike the dictators and censors at TWoP, since the posters here saw through gagman and called him out on his 'game' with you.

That said, on to discussing wonderful old movies and the greats such as Harlow, Keaton, and Lloyd.

Oh, and welcome back!!!