Sign in to follow this  
Gregory1965

Hollywood Heyday

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks -

For the past several months I've been watching films from the early '30s exclusively, and as I've done so I've been reading up on the Hollywood goings on of the day.

Right now I'm on a kick of watching all that I can from 1932, so as I do my background research I've started a blog of daily news items and tidbits from various original news sources.

If you're a fan of Hollywood in the early '30s, you might be interested in having a look, and checking back from time to time as I add more info. Feel free to leave comments if you wish.

Here's the link to the blog:

[Hollywood Heyday|http://hollywoodheyday.blogspot.com/]

That's pretty cool, bro. I guess you glom up as many "trades" as possible, and put it all together?

Nice work, very fascinating. History "nut" that I am, I immediately googled Alyce McCormick. Man, 28 and died of pneumonia. Some things have definitely changed for the better.

Good luck on your blog!

Thanks for the kind words. You're right, I've culled the information from different sources and then distilled it into what I've inluded on the blog.

I'm a history buff too, and like yourself I've followed up on some of the information I came across to find out the backstory etc. I hope others who read the blog are inspired to do the same thing, it can lead to some fascinating "stuff."

[Hollywood Heyday|http://hollywoodheyday.blogspot.com/]

Great site; very interesting news stories and tidbits on the stars. Wish you the best of luck on the site. Keep up the great work!!! I really enjoy reading these types of stories and news items.