Sign in to follow this  
professorecho

WHAT MOVIE HOUSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE IN?

20 posts in this topic

Now this isn't what movie family or person you would want to live with in the house or what movie situation taking place in the house you would want to be a part of, just the house itself. What dwellings inspire your sense of atmosphere and imagination? What house or apartment from what movie would you want to live in?

I'll start with two choices, but I reserve the right to change my mind a second from now. I love Barbara Stanwyck's country home in CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT, all wood and warmed over, a perfect winter retreat for someone who loves the seasons and misses them here in weather-less Los Angeles. I would also like to live in George C. Scott's wind swept Bahamian house in ISLANDS IN THE STREAM, with the ocean echoing right outside my door and that wonderful verandah where the songs of sea and sky would lull the everyday. Calgon, take me away!!!

List as many as you want and why and keep coming back if you think of more! Thanks for responding.

There is a thread currently running "Your Favorite Movie Abodes" in the Your Favorites forum.

Some of the choices are very interesting.

Mongo

Yeah--I'm finally able to post.

Ok back to the subject---I love the F. L. Wright house in "A Summer Place" with all that paneling & light. I also love the Corleone Tahoe compound in Godfather 2 with the stone house & great windows.

No doubt on that, when I went to Disney World in florida that was the first thing i went to and i sat down for so long just sitting. I was like man it would be awsome to live here

The house in HOLIDAY INN, but I suspect it would be impossible to heat in the winter! :-D

Second choice would be the house in CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT.

The house's I'd like are to name a few; house in 'REBECCA' then the one (actually both) shown in another Hitchcock film: my mindd went blank - the one on the train with Grant & Saint

Leo

Leo, the Hitchcock film you're thinking of is NORTH BY NORTHWEST and I believe the house you are referring to is James Mason's house in the movie. It was actually a model, but is beautiful, patterned after Frank Lloyd Wright's work, but not any specific one or any design that he ever did. It is a stunning house.

Keith, I too have always had a certain fascination with the Bates Motel and, especially, the Bates house on the hill. I'm no architecture expert, but I believe the house is considered a mix of Victorian and California Gingerbread. I welcome any and all corrections. Not sure if I would want to live at either the motel or the house, but they each hold a weird kind of attraction for me.

Sadly, the Swiss Family Treehouse is no longer at Disneyland here in Southern California. It was converted into TARZAN's treehouse a few years ago when the animated TARZAN film was released.

the LORD RESIDENCE in philadelphia story

the EVERS RESIDENCE in CA in the parent trap (1961)

rock hudson's villa in come september

*sigh*

the villa in the movie "It Takes a Thief" that Cary Grant

lives in i liked the view from the terrace spectacular!...

Oh, let's see. There are a lot of beautiful houses (both real and models) to pick from. But, I would like to live in the Cottage in the "Ghost and Mrs. Muir."

Mr. Blanding's house, which he built for a pittance!

Laura's apartment in the film by the same name...especially if Dana Andrews came to visit.

Any of those spacious apartment from the early 1930 movies with venetian blinds and gauzy criss cross curtains and huge kitchens and baths and striped couches in a shiny fabric whose name escapes me...sigh...those places were gorgeous.