Sign in to follow this  
CelluloidKid

Hello Down There (1969)...Anyone seen this film!? Funny!

3 posts in this topic

I rented this really "groovy" 60's film (This came recommended on a tribute page to Janet Leigh on the website: find a death.com!

I had never seen this film, or at least can't recall that I might have!? But now I can honestly say I have seen "ALL" of Janet Leigh's films!

*The film was: _Hello Down There_ (1969)*

Directed By: Jack Arnold & Ricou Browning

Starring: Tony Randall, Janet Leigh, Jim Backus, Jack Arnold, Ricou Browning!

Also Look for.. Charlotte Rae from the Tv show Fact's of Life & a very young Richard Dreyfuss!

Even Harvey Lembeck, Ken Berry & Merv Griffin!!!

*The plot of _Hello Down There_ (1969) is very simple & straight -forward!*

*Tony Randall has designed an underwater house. His boss can not see its advantages and wants to scrap the project but Randall convinces him to let his family test it for a month first. Two of Randall's kids are in a band so they invite the rest to join them. Meanwhile Tony's boss is financing a self-contained underwater dredge in the hopes of finding lots of gold.*

*The two projects clash. Randall's wife Vivian Miller (Janet Leigh) is afraid of water. !!I love the floating ring that Janet kept carrying around!!

Fred Miller's (Tony Randall) kids band gets a chance to be on TV but can't leave the house. On top of it all, the underwater rock music has convinced the Navy that there is Russian activity going on and the fleet mobilizes.* - LOL!!

Just an all-around feel good film! I laughed till my sides hurt!

237073.jpg

Yoda, Webestang!! I am glad to see you here. We saw this movie together when you

were "wittle". (Of course, that's because I am your MOM ;)

Cellkd....It is a very funny movie. The mold was thrown away after Tony Randall was

made. No one quite like him!