Sign in to follow this  
MissGoddess

Murnau, Borzage and Fox

121 posts in this topic

i LOVE italian food! it is so good! but sometimes has too many calories, everything good has a downside :(

Ha Ha! No resemblance to Under the Tuscan Sun....

I love Big Night too. There is a five minute scene at the end that is done entirely without words. Just cooking....It's a really cool movie. And I agree, I think Isabella is at her most beautiful in this one. This movie is the first one I saw where I knew who Stanley Tucci was. It's funny, and touching as well.

Stanley was really good in the movie The Devil Wears Prada as well. He plays Meryl Streep's long suffering friend and underling. I think he also wrote a movie called Joe Gould's Secret, about Walter Winchell and New York literary people in the 40's. I am very interested in seeing that one, but it was not very popular, and I don't think it is on dvd.

> I think he also wrote a movie called Joe Gould's Secret, about Walter Winchell and New York literary people in the 40's. I am very interested in seeing that one, but it was not very popular, and I don't think it is on dvd.

He actually directed it, as well starred in it, and it did get released on DVD, although it's out-of-print:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Goulds-Secret-Nell-Campbell/dp/6306011013

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> I hope the movie bears no similarity to the unfortunate Under the Tuscan Sun....

Bite your tongue!

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Ha Ha! No resemblance to Under the Tuscan Sun....

>

> I love Big Night too. There is a five minute scene at the end that is done entirely without words. Just cooking....It's a really cool movie. And I agree, I think Isabella is at her most beautiful in this one. This movie is the first one I saw where I knew who Stanley Tucci was. It's funny, and touching as well.

>

> Stanley was really good in the movie The Devil Wears Prada as well. He plays Meryl Streep's long suffering friend and underling. I think he also wrote a movie called Joe Gould's Secret, about Walter Winchell and New York literary people in the 40's. I am very interested in seeing that one, but it was not very popular, and I don't think it is on dvd.

Oh, how could I forget THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA -- I loved him in that. Tucci is a triple threat -- he writes, directs, and acts. There was a Food Network holiday episode -- I think Christmas -- where they showed him and his family preparing Italian seafood dishes.

I'm getting dyspeptic just THINKING about UTTS.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> No one scares you more than Orlok? What about:

>

> LOL!! Ahhhh, Anthony....

>

> I feel quite concillatory toward Anthony right now. I realized there

> ARE scarier monsters than Orlock or the Count de Franciosa.

Oh, yes.

Also:

265617~Don-Murray-Posters.jpg

hahahahaahhaaaaa!! Oh my gosh, WHAT a picture!!

Believe it or not I saw a movie not too long ago in which I kind of almost stood him.

It was about the IRA, called *Shake Hands with the Devil* and starred James Cagney.

Cyril Cusack was in that one, too. Anyway, laughing boy there was Ok in it, less

annoying than usual.

Oh, I started watching that, then fell asleep just as Cagney came on as a professor with an Irish accent.

One of my earliest recollections of Murray was in that tv-movie with Inger Stevens, "The Borgia Stick", about a couple who try to escape from an all-powerful and strange crime organization.

I really like Inger Stevens A LOT. Enough that I'd sit thru a Don Murray movie if

she was in it. What a name, THE BORGIA STICK. Do they have Borgia Stick

Bloodhounds for that? :P

This is true. The bust does look great. On the other hand, Sideshow Collectibles are usually way overpriced. The ultimate injustice, of course, is that Murnau doesn't even get any percentage from the merchandising.

He had toooooo much on his mind what with German Expressionism and all to be thinking about licensing opportunities! :P