Sign in to follow this  
beespickles

Your Dream Date

34 posts in this topic

Now, Denzel Washington.......a handsome man, great actor. Alternate: Sean Connery.........definitly.

Then, Cary Grant of course. What a man. A handsome and adorable guy.

William Powell. He just seems like he'd be fun--always kidding around and joking.

Or maybe Lionel Barrymore don't know why, really.

I love to watch Sean Connery, but I don't think he'd be much fun though I could be wrong.

Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant! Katherine Hepburn had my dreams in The Philidelphia Story. I like William Powell too but he drinks too much for me to keep up! I just love the way that Jimmy sings to Paulette Goddard in Pot 'O Gold!!! That would definately be my dream! Nothing can beat Jimmy Stewart serenading you!

Of course I'd choose Jane Powell because she is my type exactly, I love her personality and of course her great talent, I'd also love a date with Betty Grable who was so witty and entertaining and the same goes for Joan Blondell who would have been great company. I also think Olga San Juan and Debbie Reynolds would have been great fun to date.

violaviolet, I don't know if I am just disenchanted with today's so-called 'stars', but to me, even a name I don't know from the 1930s is preferable to any actor from today.

I didn't know the names Richard Arlen or Charles Farrell or Renee Adoree, yet they are gorgeous, a fact I only noticed recently. If you haven't seen Ken Murray's Hollywood My Hometown, violaviolet, try to catch it. The home movies, even though they were staged, are delightful.

Seeing Bob Cummings at home dragging his little daughter underwater in an attempt to teach her to swim...and he does!...is priceless. Robert Stack, Bob Cummings, of course Cary Grant, all of the stars from that era were....well, they were just 'different'.

So, yes, any of the guys from the 1930s....if Freddy March or Warren William won't give me a tumble, I'll go out with James Gleason.