Sign in to follow this  
ccbaxter

Nice Spots

11 posts in this topic

"I just want to tell you all how happy I am to be back in the studio, making a picture again."

And TCM does it again with a great new [31-Days of Oscar promo|http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=219831]. My favorite moment is Audrey Hepburn's exit. How cool!

I also like the New York vs. L.A. spot. It moves fast and is really funny. Wish I had a link to offer. But I don't.

We had a nice discussion going before my trip. If you are referring to Audrey Hepburn's desending the stairs in *My Fair Lady* , I do agree! I will get back into the TCM habit. It is a great pity how few hotels even in LA offer TCM. I missed my TCM while I was gone. I will be on the lookout for the LA/NY spots. What makes them so interesting, cc?

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> ...What makes them so interesting, cc?

The New York vs. LA spot is a briskly animated collage of postcard-like pieces that slide in, out, and over each other. The narration is funny in how it contrasts the visuals. I pray your LA accommodations were a lot better than the ones featured in this spot.

I like the NY vs. LA spots a lot! In fact, it's one of my favorites that TCM has created in a long time.

cc-

Caught the spot; it is a fast flowing delight! It does sum up for me some earlier trips to LA! One of the favorite accomodations I stayed at through the years is the Bonaventure, the hotel featured in many films. I rode the elevator that the horse and Arnold rode in True Lies. The rooms were nothing special, but the environment was high energy to me.

Have you seen the Jack Lemmon featurette narrated by Kevin Spacey? I liked it very much and I think you and Kevin have done him a great service. A wonderful tribute.

I tried to look for the "NY vs. LA" spot but couldn't find it, either.

However I did find some interesting promos from TCM Spain:

And my personal favourite:

Miss Goddess and CBLover, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked that spot. I'm a bit surprised we're the only ones commenting on it, as it's a real eye catcher.

CBLover, I love that Lemmon tribute too. Spacey reveals some warm and funny moments in their friendship. It cracks me up when he does Lemmon, "That's a touch of terrific kid. You ought to do this professionally." [Kevin Spacey on Jack Lemmon |http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=220703]

> {quote:title=ccbaxter wrote:}{quote}

> FF, those are interesting. That last one is surreal.

Yes. Probably that's why it's my favourite! ;)

> {quote:title=ccbaxter wrote:}{quote}

> Miss Goddess and CBLover, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked that spot. I'm a bit surprised we're the only ones commenting on it, as it's a real eye catcher.

I will try to TiVo it next time, and catch it at a speed that allows further comment. I wonder if it is visually in a parallel universe, Tati-wise ?