Sign in to follow this  
cjrogan2003

Why isn't the July schedule up yet?

9 posts in this topic

I believe that someone explained to you the last time you were asking about schedules that they come out "only" three months early, which for most folks is quite adaquate for normal needs. So, by May, you should be able to see what's going to happen in July. CJ, you're rushing your life away!! ;)ML

They haven't posted it yet because they know that YOU'RE waiting for it rogan! Boy, TCM does a lot to drive you nuts, don't they?

Nah--he mainly just gets upset that all movies aren't technicolor, or if he perceives any movie/artist isn't a flag waving neocon.

What makes it so great? Well, besides the fact that almost ALL my old favorites are being shown virtually every day (I may have to buy a digital recording device before then;- ), some films I haven't seen that I've been waiting for TCM to show are on. For instance,

July 2 - The Red Shoes

July 13 - Blow Up

July 18 - The Lodger

July 25 - Safety Last

July 26 - Greed

And, antar should be pleased that H.M. Pulham, Esq. is being shown on July 27;-)

GREED!!! I've been waiting YEARS to see this movie! I can't wait! I've read about how it's one of the greatest movies of all time, and that it was originally something like eight hours long, since it was Erich Von Stroheim's masterpiece, and that the studio butchered it on him. To see any of it should be great!

"path40a" Why wait clear until late July to see SAFETY LAST, when you can get a copy of the full-length film complete with brilliant CARL DAVIS score from me right now? This program also includes the full length and un-cut versions of Lloyd's last short comedy the acclaimed 1921 Three-reeler NEVER WEAKEN and Harold's hilarious 1923 follow up feature to SAFETY LAST "WHY WORRY?" to boot!

These are from real Super VHS (SP recording mode) masters, processed at Medium DVD setting. Practically none of the original resolution has been lost! In fact the quality is likely to exceed your expectations! My programs are fully authored DVD-R programs. In addition to menu's, they contain thumbnails that are precisely timed and even multiple background images!

Just give me your name and address, and I'll ship you out a copy at "media rate" tomorrow morning! You merely agree to pay me back for shipping and the cost of blank media, and that's all their is to it! I seriously doubt that you will find a better offer than this anywhere! How about it?

I'm repeating the simply insane offer here I made in the genre section under "Silent films". Send me a 10 pack (it may take a couple more than this) of DVD-R's and I will run you off a batch of copies featuring every single one of the Harold Lloyd programs that I have for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! You pay only for return shipping! This includes all 11 of his Classic Silent features complete and uncut, plus all of his three-reel comedies and several two-reelers as well!

I know that their are many, many collector's out there who desperately want these movies, don't have them, and are tired like I was of waiting for official DVD's to materialize! Well listen up, nobody is going to make you a better offer people! I don't care who or where they are! Hey, two years ago a limited Holiday promotion during the Christmas season in 2002 sponsored by the Harold Lloyd Trust, was asking a whopping $25.00 a piece per title! That was for plain old VHS tapes not DVD'S, and you only got one title per tape! Well you can expect to pay at least that amount per DVD, when and if the Trust finally is able to secure that long awaited distribution deal with a major DVD distributor! This is to say nothing about what a massive official Harold Lloyd Boxed- set might very well cost, I'm guessing a bare minimum of at least $200.00! That's not necessarily retail priced either!