laffite

Re Favorite BBC Productions, Plays, TV, etc...

244 posts in this topic

FilmF, you urged, ?Many happy sailings,? well, it would be nice to have just one or two. I wonder if I?m now so inspired. You are all putting me to the test here. I may have to give this idea a closer look.

The opportunities to do something we cherish very much do not come very often in life. Better to give it a chance no matter what happens than to spend the rest of one's life wishing one had done it back when.

Oh and "goddess" in french is spelled with double "s": d?esse :P

deesse.gif

hey johnny on the spot!

i have some bad news....the night TCM played Enchanted April, we had a major storm in our area and our satellite dishes werent responding with each other. heehee! our TV went black halfway through recording the movie. i was so sad! i really wanted to get the whole thing plus see it all the way till the end..banana oil!

but i did read all the comments you and wendy were writing about it and i loved that! thank you both!!!

okay swasheroo, i am having too much fun with my screencap taking device on my computer (cant you tell im not technology bound? heehee, although i know what everything means from my daddy, but thats still doesnt help.) so i had to take screencaps from our Little Minister movie.....you know you want to see them right? heehee! can i please pretty please post them?

hi there butterscotch, sorry to hear about yur trouble with the sat dishes, at least that movie is on video so you can still watch it some day you just have to buy it or rent it. I also look forward to your screencaps of 'little minister', must be a fun movie!

how do you make the screencaps?

*so i had to take screencaps from our Little Minister movie.....you know you want to see them right? heehee! can i please pretty please post them?*

Mais oui, ma chere amie, you may pretty please post to your heart's desire. And we await your caps most eagerly.

L

//

*Oh and "goddess" in french is spelled with double "s": d?esse :P*

Thanks for the correction. I realize I knew that but was totally oblivious. Talking about Goddesses can be distracting, especially en ce qui concerne les Deesses les plus merveillueses.

Great cartoon! Comment trouver ca! Vous faites des merveilles!

//

> {quote:title=laffite wrote:}{quote}

> *Oh and "goddess" in french is spelled with double "s": d?esse :P*

>

> Thanks for the correction. I realize I knew that but was totally oblivious. Talking about Goddesses can be distracting, especially en ce qui concerne les Deesses les plus merveillueses.

>

> Great cartoon! Comment trouver ca! Vous faites des merveilles!

>

> //

Well, glad you liked it. :)

I just happened to stumble upon it. ;)

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Look at Helen! What a fresh little thing she was - in every sense of the word!

I might have asked you already, but have you seen her in *Age of Consent* ?

No, FF. Sadly I am waaay behind on movies right now. I keep meaning to rent it, but I have been making cookies fr school, painting, and just been really busy the last couple of weeks.... I am really mssing my movie watching time..... :)

I do paint - MY LIVING ROOM! But it's funny you should bring it up - I have been thinking for a while that I would like to paint a canvas to hang in there once the walls are done..... I am going to try a simple green and yellow background with some birch trees ( I have some birch bark from the backyard I have been wanting to use for something), or maybe a giant pear sitting right in the middle of the green grass...... we'll see if I have the talent to execute my ideas.....

I've gotten very artsy since my daughter went to school. I am finding my inner artist...... :)

> I do paint - MY LIVING ROOM! But it's funny you should bring it up - I have been thinking for a while that I would like to paint a canvas to hang in there once the walls are done..... I am going to try a simple green and yellow background with some birch trees ( I have some birch bark from the backyard I have been wanting to use for something), or maybe a giant pear sitting right in the middle of the green grass...... we'll see if I have the talent to execute my ideas.....

>

> I've gotten very artsy since my daughter went to school. I am finding my inner artist...... :)

It's good to find your inner artist. ;)

I took a painting class in college but haven't really painted much since then. I don't even remember what kind of paint I prefer. :P But if you know what you want to do and you can afford all that pricey arts supply material, then you should definitely go for it.

Theresa - sorry you are not well. Hope you get well soon.

*we'll see if I have the talent to execute my ideas.*

I'm sure you have and Laffite is never wrong about such things. Judging from your sensitive take on the finer aspects of the movies---that wonderful thread on photography you started, for example (to name one)---you have the perfect temperament for such a venture. Do not stifle your inner artist. Your living room is waiting.

:)

L

//

Let me also encourage you to try it. If it doesn't work out, so be it but to have missed the opportunity would be the loss. As an amateur songwriter people have encouraged me to have them recorded or copywritten. I don't see much point in the latter and it would be too expensive to do the former. I have played them at church and they have recorded when we do them. (Some I sing and two are sung by me friends.) The lovely things people say about them is such a treat. I don't write them for that reason but it is a wonderful side effect.

Go for it.

Thanks, guys! I am really happy that you all are so supportive..... Life is too short to wait anymore to do the things I want to do.

I went to the art store to look yesterday, and was amazed at the price of pre-stretched canvases. But I think I will continue to amass supplies, then maybe do a small test painting. The one I want to do is rather large, and I want to make sure I don't blow it on a $60.00 canvas.....

Thanks again, everyone!

Scotchie, please take care..... don't wear yourself down too much.These flu bugs and colds are getting to be longer and longer lasting. I know you've been fighting it for a week or so now, so take it easy, and make sure to see the doctor if it lasts longer than 2 weeks. We want you well. :)

hey mon swasheroo!

Yup, she's a pretty one. She takes her hand away from her eyes and reveals this face and he tries to pretend he doesn't like her face. Hey, Minister, you're not supposed to lie. Why, I daresay you were smitten at this very moment.

of course he was! he fell in love with her the moment he saw her running the hide from all of them. heehee!

I like the size of these pictures. I use Firefox and when the pictures are really big the right margin is extended and the text rolls all the way to the right and I have to scroll back and forth to read it. These pictures, at 640x480, are about as big as they should be, any bigger and there goes that right margin. I suppose it depends on the browser. Firefox used to have a scroll bar for the picture and the text stayed normal. I prefer that but their recent upgrades got it rid of it. Stupid upgrades!

i like the size of them too! thehy arent too big and not too small, but i cant take the credit, the program i use called Windows Media Player did it that way. ive never heard of firefox. where did you get that?

Seeing those caps make me want to go back and see the show again. Boy, sure glad I got my own copy . What a great play that is, and Helen is perfection. She's had a great career and she's not even done yet.

me too! i cant get enough of it! heehee! she has been everything in her career! i wonder why she wasnt as famous back when she was in her teens. she should have goten more credit....i hope she wins another oscar soon! that would be super exciting!

Thank you, HelenGirlGreer, for those nice caps.

your quite welcome, but being nice, wont earn your rum back...heehee!

> Thanks, guys! I am really happy that you all are so supportive..... Life is too short to wait anymore to do the things I want to do.

>

> I went to the art store to look yesterday, and was amazed at the price of pre-stretched canvases. But I think I will continue to amass supplies, then maybe do a small test painting. The one I want to do is rather large, and I want to make sure I don't blow it on a $60.00 canvas.....

>

> Thanks again, everyone!

Yes, definitely don't put off too long the things you really want to do. Life goes by too fast. The prices on some art supplies are definitely eye-popping some time, but maybe you can take advantage of some special sales. With the economy the way it is right now, I'm sure there's bound to be some good sales going on.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

*hey mon swasheroo!*

Hey, hey, BabbieFanGirl

*of course he was! he fell in love with her the moment he saw her running the hide from all of them. heehee!*

Well, knowin' Babbie, she probably knows how to make a preacher swear. But she also knows how to make them fall in love with her too. Some girls got it all, and that HelenBabbieGirl is one of them.

*i like the size of them too! thehy arent too big and not too small, but i cant take the credit, the program i use called Windows Media Player did it that way.*

That's strange, my WMP will screencap at a larger size, 1024x763. I think it's because I have a later upgrade than you do. So please don't upgrade your WMP or you'll have those big pictures too. When I screencap I use a photoshop program to reduce the size of the picture so it will fit the TCM message area without extending the right margin. I wish others would do the same, haha. Uh oh, watch out, Laffite, don't get cranky. :(

*ive never heard of firefox. where did you get that?*

Firefox is a browser that you can download free from the Net. It has a good reputation. It is also called Mozilla and can be found at Mozilla.com. I started using it because the browser that came with my ISP was too slow and I find Mozilla to be faster. If what you are using now is working for you, then you probably don't need it right now, but keep it in mind. I would recommend it.

*i wonder why she wasnt as famous back when she was in her teens. she should have goten more credit....i hope she wins another oscar soon! that would be super exciting!*

Like a lot of good actors I'm sure she was respected back in those early days but sometimes it takes time to really become famous like she is now. She on top and basking in the glory. It might be fun to go to imbd and see what she is working on now. Maybe another Oscar winner for all we know. But even if not, no matter...we just want her to go out there on screen and be Helen.

*your quite welcome, but being nice, wont earn your rum back...heehee!*

What if I say pretty please? May I pretty please have my rum back? 'Cause if you don't give me my rum back, I may have to go to Rumaholics Anonymous and tell every one that a certain BabbieHelenButterScotchGreerGirl took my rum and won't give it back. And they'll all laugh at me and say, "HaHa, you have come to more meetings, then." You wouldn't want that to happen to me...wouldja?

;)

Laffite, who's gettin' awfully thirsty lately, hmm.

p.s. BTW, are you feeling better? We all hope so. If you post here while you have a cold please don't breathe on your computer. We don't want to get your cold, okay. So get well soon. And keep those caps comin'...

//

Hey, hey, BabbieFanGirl

hey johnny!

Well, knowin' Babbie, she probably knows how to make a preacher swear. But she also knows how to make them fall in love with her too. Some girls got it all, and that HelenBabbieGirl is one of them.

i have to take more screencaps, im not done yet, i just didnt have time the other day. oopsey!

she doesnt just make any guy fall for her, she knew she had the right guy when she kissed a total stranger. heehee!

That's strange, my WMP will screencap at a larger size, 1024x763. I think it's because I have a later upgrade than you do. So please don't upgrade your WMP or you'll have those big pictures too. When I screencap I use a photoshop program to reduce the size of the picture so it will fit the TCM message area without extending the right margin. I wish others would do the same, haha. Uh oh, watch out, Laffite, don't get cranky.

well i have WMP 9, im actually talking about this with frankie too. which one do you have? i wont change mine, i promise, although i wouldnt know how if it hit me upside the head anyway. heehee!

Firefox is a browser that you can download free from the Net. It has a good reputation. It is also called Mozilla and can be found at Mozilla.com. I started using it because the browser that came with my ISP was too slow and I find Mozilla to be faster. If what you are using now is working for you, then you probably don't need it right now, but keep it in mind. I would recommend it.

oh thats interesting! i think ill look it up just out of curiosity, but i dont think ill be able to download anything.

Like a lot of good actors I'm sure she was respected back in those early days but sometimes it takes time to really become famous like she is now. She on top and basking in the glory. It might be fun to go to imbd and see what she is working on now. Maybe another Oscar winner for all we know. But even if not, no matter...we just want her to go out there on screen and be Helen.

greer was like this too, she was an aspiring actress on the stage in london when she was in her early early twenties, but she didnt get really famous until her 30s. but youre right, it does take time. helen will be in 5 upcoming films, and 1 or 2 of thm will be released this year hopefully.....im awaiting her in the upcoming The Last station where she plays Leo Tolstoy's wife, playing opposite Christopher Plummer...they are talking about another possible oscar nod for it. yay!

What if I say pretty please? May I pretty please have my rum back? 'Cause if you don't give me my rum back, I may have to go to Rumaholics Anonymous and tell every one that a certain BabbieHelenButterScotchGreerGirl took my rum and won't give it back. And they'll all laugh at me and say, "HaHa, you have come to more meetings, then." You wouldn't want that to happen to me...wouldja?

rum makes you do a really silly dance to your favorite songs from mozart silly, we wouldnt want that now would we? heehee!

say hello and admit you like your rum in front of the whole class now......its for your own good swasheroo!

p.s. BTW, are you feeling better? We all hope so. If you post here while you have a cold please don't breathe on your computer. We don't want to get your cold, okay. So get well soon. And keep those caps comin'...

thanks, im better. gee, ill make surely i use a hanky when i sneeze...golly! heehee!

>rum makes you do a really silly dance to your favorite songs from mozart silly, we wouldn't want that now would we? heehee!

Yes. Yes, we would. :)

>heehee! youre not helping any! youre suppose to be on my side...wait, you just want to watch and giggle at him. am i right?

I certainly do! That would be the most entertaining thing that has happened all week! :)